WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Biggest Draw
Sable 3 6.12%
Elizabeth 1 2.04%
Lita 3 6.12%
China 4 8.16%
Trish 28 57.14%
Other.. (Please State) 10 20.41%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 PM
F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
ROH Pure Champion

Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Biggest Drawing Diva?

Which Diva do you think made the most money for WWE?

I think it's a tough call between Sable, Elizabeth, Lita, Chyna and Trish. A lot of people may not realize it, but Sunny brought a lot of great publicity to the WWF at a time when they needed some recognition.

I think i'll give the edge to Sable, she was plastered on every piece of merchandise available, had two very successful Playboy covers and the ratings for her segments were always high.

However, if we're talking about wrestling tickets alone, I think we've got to say Wendi Richter..
Just when you think you got all the answers....I change the questions...GENIUS!!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Rib or chop? Loin or shank?
Knockout Champion

The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...The Butcher scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is a tougher question than it seems. Sunny shouldn't be an "other." She's probably high on the list. Chyna is probably up there too. Elizabeth should be an "other." Lita and Trish had success, longevity, and merchandise.

Last edited by The Butcher : 01-27-2013 at 01:11 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Rob Ford's crack dealer
Ring of Honor Champion

Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

The answer is Trish Stratus. No other women had as many high profile feuds as she did, put more people over, or generated the type of excitement she did. If fans claimed they cared about women's wrestling from 1999 to 2005 more than any other era, that's solely because of that woman. That easily makes her the biggest draw the company has ever seen.

Lita and Sable were close, and Sunny was closer to Torrie Wilson's "Oh titties, must buy sexy poster!" drawing level. The difference between Lita and Trish became apparent after Trish left. WWE had to strap her with Edge in order to squeeze any last bit of relevance her name still had to offer. Chyna was just... no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The brilliant logic of EasyE View Post
King Booker won his title against Rey Mysterio, so he'd beat Blue Demon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige Thriller View Post
Never thought I'd see the day. I just assumed JTG would die under contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. KB View Post
An upset Undertaker sprints back down to the ring and starts chokeslamming women left, right and center.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 PM
WWE Women's Champion

closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted Chyna for the simple fact that there was always a chance she'd actually wrestle a guy and could literally kick the guy's ass. Echelon, maybe she is a joke now, but the Chyna of back then was really good.

I don't know why Miss Elizabeth gets so much hype. She was very bland and boring. Barely spoke and was almost robotic. Good looking yes. I even had the infamous poster of her showing cleavage at the bottom, but she wasn't all that great.

She wasn't exactly someone a girl could look up to because she always played the damsel in distress part instead of getting in someone's face like Sensational Sherri did.

Last edited by closet_fan : 01-27-2013 at 01:58 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 02:07 PM

Bossblood is looking to come up from OCW...

Torrie Wilson said she stated she was the highest paid Diva of all time in a Playboy article but I don't know how that would translate into gross profit. That was also several years ago.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Rob Ford's crack dealer
Ring of Honor Champion

Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...Bernkastel is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by closet_fan View Post
I voted Chyna for the simple fact that there was always a chance she'd actually wrestle a guy and could literally kick the guy's ass. Echelon, maybe she is a joke now, but the Chyna of back then was really good.

I don't know why Miss Elizabeth gets so much hype. She was very bland and boring. Barely spoke and was almost robotic. Good looking yes. I even had the infamous poster of her showing cleavage at the bottom, but she wasn't all that great.

She wasn't exactly someone a girl could look up to because she always played the damsel in distress part instead of getting in someone's face like Sensational Sherri did.
No see wasn't. She was a mid carder at best. Allot of fans liked to hype her up because she regularly competed in the men's division. But that meant that she didn't have the clemency that other women normally had [because the division as a whole didn't draw] because she wasn't a normal competitor - and WWE never booked her as such. She was nothing more than a sideshow attraction.

Even the inter-gender matches that Trish and Lita participated in drew more attention than anything she ever did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The brilliant logic of EasyE View Post
King Booker won his title against Rey Mysterio, so he'd beat Blue Demon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige Thriller View Post
Never thought I'd see the day. I just assumed JTG would die under contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. KB View Post
An upset Undertaker sprints back down to the ring and starts chokeslamming women left, right and center.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 02:30 PM

MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...

I dont even know why theres a debate. Trish Stratus is hands down the biggest drawing diva in WWE history. She was drop dead gorgeous, she could wrestle, she had feuds that mattered, and she won the WOMENS championship 7 times. I stress "womens" championship because ever since it became the Divas title the division has been a complete joke

Sable got ratings, Chyna broke boundaries (only female IC champion), and Lita was far more popular than people give her credit for. The pop she got at Raw 1000 proves that point

However, I have one problem with this poll. Miss Elizabeth was not and should not be considered a diva. She was a valet and nothing more. To my knowledge she never competed in the ring and was simply a woman that was involved in wrestling, not a competitor
Old 01-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

Hmmmmm, let's say, none of the above. The 'diva' that drew the most money for WWE/F was the Fabulous Moolah. Which Diva ever main eventers house shows? Moolah. Yes, it was a very different time, but to debate this properly, you can't just go with the ones that you know.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
The Evenflow Effect
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted for Trish also, based on:
- Trish and Lita actually main evented a RAW.
- She has the most Women's titles reigns
- She has the second most combined reigns (only behind Moolah, different era)
- She was the face of Women's wrestling in an era where it felt like it actually meant something
- She was great as both a heel and a face
- She was beyond sexy, and didn't need to pose for Playboy to be relevant
- She was involved in major main event storylines as well (with Triple H, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Chris Jericho, etc)
- Most casual fans still have a crush on her

Last edited by CrucifiedRaven : 01-27-2013 at 02:50 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 03:11 PM
CHIKARA Grand Champion
Knockout Champion

HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...

I hear Kharma can paint & draw pretty well. Get it?

Okay but seriously since your asking what DIVA drew the most, hands down, Trish Stratus. While Elizabeth was a break out beauty & fantastic valet, Sable brought true sex appeal to WWE television & Chyna broke boundries as a competitor, it was Trish who truely revolutionized being a WWE Diva. She was the complete package of looks, figure, brains, talent, charisma & pure wrestling technique. She is the model of what WWE trys to achieve today in their Divas Division.

As far as what female wrestler goes that is easily Fabulous Moolah. As stated previously she headlined house shows, was a major figure in 80's WWE programming & The Rock N' Wrestling Connection, She was one of only two females to ever be turned into a WWF cartoon unless your also counting clay-mation Chyna in Celebrity Deathmatch & if I'm not mistaken she has headlined MSG with Wendi Richter, which besides Wendi herself, I don't think any female can say they have done in wrestling or sports entertainment.
3.)Mr. Money In The Bank: Seth Rollins
sendpm.gif