WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Living Room Champion

Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What?! What?! A Divas match at the Rumble?!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZ

This is disappointing and tarnishes an otherwise great card. I too would much rather have seen the U.S. Title Match or a Divas battle royal featuring some ladies from NXT. However, at least now I know when I can fix a sandwich and grab another beer.

Prediction: Kaitlyn wins at precisely the 5-minute mark, not a nanosecond later....
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I would definitely rather see the US title match instead of this one. I often wonder why they even bother to throw these matches together like this. It doesn't really matter to me that it's Tamina as it is just a match put together to get Kaitlyn a win over a dominant looking diva. Kaitlyn retains.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Knockout Champion

Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBsam31 View Post
I would definitely rather see the US title match instead of this one. I often wonder why they even bother to throw these matches together like this. It doesn't really matter to me that it's Tamina as it is just a match put together to get Kaitlyn a win over a dominant looking diva. Kaitlyn retains.
It's common sense really. They want people to watch the YouTube preshow. Kaitlyn vs. Tamina is not going to do that. Everyone puts the YouTube preshow down, but in reality it's often got a match that's more relevant than at least a few on the PPV card. While it's no PPV main event, it's still a bigger deal than being a filler match, like the Diva's matches are. The RR PPV will sell itself, especially with The Rock being on it as well. Miz vs. Cesaro is not going to add any extra buyers, but it has enough drawing power to get viewers on a free preshow.

As for the Diva's Championship match, does anyone really believe Kaitlyn will lose this? This is just another match to help build her up.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 AM

thomasgj is looking to come up from OCW...

You guys are awful. Calling the divas matches "piss breaks" and complaining that they got put on the card. There are actually things called women's wrestling fans, and a lot of them are DIVAS fans as well. I know, mind-blowing.

Guess what else, though.... We love it when the Divas are given a chance to perform. However, because of assholes like the majority of you, the divas have been given "piss break" matches and lack of storylines prior to he Eve/Kaitlyn feud. There are many talented divas who can deliver of given the chance. Be respectful.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 09:24 AM

gk11973 is looking to come up from OCW...gk11973 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasgj View Post
You guys are awful. Calling the divas matches "piss breaks" and complaining that they got put on the card. There are actually things called women's wrestling fans, and a lot of them are DIVAS fans as well. I know, mind-blowing.

Guess what else, though.... We love it when the Divas are given a chance to perform. However, because of assholes like the majority of you, the divas have been given "piss break" matches and lack of storylines prior to he Eve/Kaitlyn feud. There are many talented divas who can deliver of given the chance. Be respectful.
I agree 100%. So sick and tired of the attitude and disrespect given towards the Divas. Yes they need to make a HUGE amount of improvement in the division, but that is the fault of the WWE, not the women who work their asses off despite the company's lack of investment in them. I was thrilled this match was added to the card. My "piss break" will the big show vs Del rio match....they both suck.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Rosebud in training
ECW Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk11973 View Post
Yes they need to make a HUGE amount of improvement in the division, but that is the fault of the WWE, not the women who work their asses off despite the company's lack of investment in them.
Well, the good thing is that there are so few divas left that the company can start almost from scratch, choosing the new gals according to whatever criterion they want to rebuild the division.....i.e., if they want divas to be superior technical wrestlers, don't hire models who are good only at shaking their butts. If they want the gals to abandon the wrestling and function as valets & managers, find women who fit that mold and hire 'em. It's a rare opportunity; there are positions open and they should fill them wisely.

Make a plan...and follow it.

As to the diva match at the Rumble, I think WWE intends to keep Kaitlyn as titleholder for awhile. After all, she just won the damn belt; let her have a few title defenses. No diva keeps the belt for too long, but if they want Tamina as champion, they could have simply had her defeat Eve. Yes, that's heel vs. heel, but who really cares?

Meanwhile, it seemed there was some kind of plan for Tamina about a month ago......and it amounted to nothing more than having her take on her father's last name. I guess management figured she could look fearsome without actually having to win any matches.

Kaitlyn retains.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PunkFan325 is looking to come up from OCW...PunkFan325 is looking to come up from OCW...PunkFan325 is looking to come up from OCW...PunkFan325 is looking to come up from OCW...PunkFan325 is looking to come up from OCW...PunkFan325 is looking to come up from OCW...

Kaitlyn has improved since NXT and is continuing to do so, and Tamina isn't nearly as bad as you guys make her out to be, you people literally make me sick with this kind of hate. You all get your panties in a bunch when your favorite superstar, ( Zach never going to be anything special Ryder, or some other IWC darling) doesn't get the push you all think they deserve, then your quick to jump down WWE's throat, but when the divas division is literally treated like crap, then it's all the divas fault

Kaitlyn wins in a decent match and retains.

x-TREME Love to The Doc for this AWESOME Sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Uncle Sam for finding it when it ran away.

Last edited by PunkFan325 : 01-27-2013 at 10:30 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion SPICY!

AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...

The divas match IS a piss break though. I enjoy talented wrestlers regardless of their gender, but there's nothing worth writing home about when it comes to Kaitlyn or Tamina. Neither one of them can wrestle without botching, and everything they do looks like they're thinking way too much about it.

The real issue with women's wrestling is nobody is willing to stay around once they start getting a knack for it. Trish Stratus sort of opened that door to the women after she became good at her craft and then left for her own ventures... The same with Kelly Kelly. She arguably started coming into her own and having entertaining matches, and then left.

Kaitlyn shows signs of being a good worker and she doesn't exactly stand out as someone that would walk away easily because she's not exactly a 4 or a 5 on the finger scale.(See the movie Last Boy Scout if you don't understand the reference, you won't be sorry)

The point is they could just as easily put a midget circus act in Kaitlyn/Tamina's spot and it would probably get just as many viewers. Total piss break.

I wouldn't be making that argument if it was say... Sara Del Ray vs. Beth Phoenix, or any of the other great female athletes out there... But neither Kaitlyn nor Tamina are ready to be on a pay-per-view like Royal Rumble, especially in a featured match. That shit belongs on the pre-show, even if you have to increase the duration of it by 10 minutes.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Jerichoholic since 1997

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

So you say Kaitlyn's improved since NXT? She's still clumsy in the ring and gets no crowd reaction.

You say there's no one else who could hold the title? I bet AJ would make it mean more, she's actually over.

You say maybe Kaitlyn will debut new ring gear and music, which will get her over? Um, almost every Diva theme is the same horrible dance pop. Kaitlyn looks bad in almost everything she wears. She should just wrestle naked.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 PM

thomasgj is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathelaw View Post
So you say Kaitlyn's improved since NXT? She's still clumsy in the ring and gets no crowd reaction.

You say there's no one else who could hold the title? I bet AJ would make it mean more, she's actually over.

You say maybe Kaitlyn will debut new ring gear and music, which will get her over? Um, almost every Diva theme is the same horrible dance pop. Kaitlyn looks bad in almost everything she wears. She should just wrestle naked.
Her crowd reaction is actually not that bad, she's been getting nice little pops these past three weeks. Her outfits work on her, she looks great, get your eyes fixed lol. AJ will inevitably take the title from Kaitlyn at Mania, no doubt about it.
Their feud will probably get some nice time due to it involving AJ.
sendpm.gif