WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-02-2012, 07:27 AM

georgelfc123 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Would The Rock defend the Title in an Elimination Chamber?

For example, if The Rock does defeat CM Punk, John Cena or whoever it is at the Royal Rumble, do you see him missing out in the following pay-per-view Elimination Chamber, facing off in a one-on-one contest or could you actually see him competing in an Elimination Chamber? If he does defend at EC, I just think it might be a match against Big Show or Daniel Bryan where he'll just retain in a one-on-one contest much like Miz against Jerry Lawler in 2011. And then, for example if a SmackDown superstar wins the Royal Rumble, there will be a SD EC for the Title, and a RAW Number One Contender EC. However, I don't exactly know if that will happen, as I think John Cena will end up winning the Rumble. Anyways, do you see Rock competing in an Elimination Chamber match?
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Peridot is looking to come up from OCW...

No he wont, why would he risk a gimmick match? With his movies he needs to keep in peak physical condition.

They will do a No. 1 contender elimination chamber like they did before WM27 where cena won to face miz. Maybe rock defends against punk or something i dunno i just see rock beating punk, defending against him at elimination chamber and then once in a lifetime... again.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 AM
WWE European Champion

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

If he is champion than surly he has to but I doubt he would actually compete in the actual Chamber. It will just be a regular singles match.

The way i see it is Rock beats Punk at the Royal Rumble and than faces Cena at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Rock V Cena 2 for the belt. I think there will be some combination of these two and Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker at WrestleMania. I'd imagine the loser effectively faces Taker for the streak and the victor faces Brock for the belt. Or even a match versus Taker for the WWE championship as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 08:28 AM
The Real Peoples Champion

Sam"The People's Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

i think if the Rock does face punk he will get screwed by cena! setting up a rematch at wm29! but what i would love to happen is rock vs punk royal rumble..the rock closing in on the win the lights go out..Taker screws rock setting up Taker Vs Rocky WM29!
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

The Chamber seems like an easy match for The Rock to participate in. He can come in last and only feature for a matter of minutes.

Anyway, two Chamber matches on a card has long been one too many. Hopefully if The Rock is champion it means that one will be eliminated from the card.

If he's champion he should wrestle, but I hope its a singles match.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 AM

mb47 is looking to come up from OCW...

Can I just point out "Once in a Lifetime" doesn't go out the window. The whole point is this has LONG AGO been planned. Cena vs. Rock is built up and billed as "Once in a Lifetime" as it was a year long build up to a big finale. However no-one saw Rock coming out the next night saying he will be champ again, this is the proverbial "spanner" in the works. If Rock wins the title and Cena wins to earn a shot at WM then it is merely a "coincidence" that they face off again due to the circumstances both men are in. "Once in a Lifetime" was for storyline purposes ONLY, they never meant it or intended it to be just that.

But Rock won't be in an EC match and Cena won't win the Rumble. An SD star will win and Cena will win an EC match to face Rock at WM. I personally see Orton winning the Rumble.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM

TheChosenOne10 is looking to come up from OCW...

Rock will not defend in an Elimination Chamber, that would be a bad choice. Hell defend against Punk in a rematch (heres to hoping Punk holds the title until the rumble for a 14 month reign!) And John Cena will win a Elimination Chamber match to decide the #1 contender for the WWE Title that will probably include Bryan, Mysterio, Del Rio, Big Show & Kingston...
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM

DeathJester is looking to come up from OCW...

If Rock wins at Royal Rumble, he NEEDS to be in the elimination chamber. He doesn't deserve another title run if he wants to skip out on that match. WWE already has the Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank as #1 contender plot devices.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
The Warblade Of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

If The Rock wins at Royal Rumble than surely this will generate a higher number of Elimination Chamber purchases, he will be defending his title. Every single PPV sees both world titles get defended, so The Rock as WWE Champion means he puts it on the line on the way to Wrestlemania. The Rock having a match is enough to get some fans who might not otherwise buy the show to give it a try. It'd get my attention, that's for sure. Most of his appearances do. It's The Rock. He's rather tough to ignore. I would really enjoy seeing him have a world title match at Elimination Chamber too, not just at the Royal Rumble.

I doubt he will be in the Elimination Chamber matches themselves. They could always go the route of #1 contendership being on the line in the Chamber match for the WWE Championship. The only problem is that this basically guarantees the Rumble winner will pick the World Heavyweight Championship. The two titles having a match, with the Chamber matches being used for #1 contenderships seems like the format they would end up going with. They wouldn't want to take the risk of Rock seriously injuring himself in a match as dangerous as an Elimination Chamber. He doesn't have to be back in WWE he chooses to return and he needs to be in good enough condition to film movies.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

They should really try to get Rocky to be at the Chamber. The buy rates have been slipping for EC in the past couple of years. What they could do is have a All Star Elimination Chamber similar to what they did at the Money in the Bank with all former World Champions in it. Put Rock in there with Big Show, Cena, Miz, Jericho, Punk. He doesn't necessarily have to do much, just have him come in and clean house at the end.
sendpm.gif