WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-26-2013, 04:01 PM

TJWWE is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Divas Division in 2013

In the past year, the WWE Diva Division has lost major and popular talents such as Kharma, Beth, Kelly, Bellas and now Eve. With a new champion in NXTS3 winner, Kaitlyn, the only heel to possibly challenge her is Tamina (More personality in a banana than her). So, with the current crop of women from both the main roster and NXT, what should they be doing with all of the women?

WWE:
AJ Lee - She's doing great with her current role. I'd have her go Crazy on Ziggler, leave him and turn back to babyface and be the face of the division.

Aksana - She was getting their with the in-ring side of things when she was in FCW but something has changed and she seems to have gotten worse. I would just release her.

Alicia Fox - Somewhat of an underrated talent in my opinion. She is very flexible and can show that she's good in the ring. I'd turn her back heel to how she was during her title reign.

Cameron/Naomi - PLEASE!!! split these 2 away from Brodus and have them as a babyface team but let Naomi have more singles matches. I'd actually release Cameron and keep Naomi.

Kaitlyn - Her first ever match was on WWE NXT TV! From then until now, she has progressed alot in the ring. Her character is the 'Girl Next Door' it's working for her, just not even to give her the title.

Tamina - My opinion on Tamina is simple. Just because she is the daughter of the Superfly, doesn't mean that she is good in-ring. She is ok but she has NO charisma at all! I'd keep her heel but not as the top heel.

Natalya - What the hell are they doing with her at the minute! Putting her with 2 of the most comedy-type characters in WWE history. Why are they doing this to her and to us? Just PLEASE!! remove her away from them 2, keep her face and have her as the secondary babyface.

Rosa Mendes - Just no. She is pure HOT with that hip shaking and she's good with the valet stuff. Keep her their and don't put her in the ring. This past week on Smackdown, she made Natalya look bad. I'd release her.

Layla - I'd turn Layla heel and have her as the top heel.

NXT:
Anya - I've not seen her wrestle yet but apprently, she's like a mix of Beth and Chyna, with the power so who knows.

Audrey Marie - She's ok in the ring. Nothing special. I'd keep her on NXT.

Charlotte - The daugher of the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Words have been going around that she is getting really good in the ring. I'd like to see her move up to the main roster as a babyface, have Ric in her corner for a month or 2 so that she can get over and then let her go on her own.

Dani - Who? End of. Release her.

Emma - The women with the strange-hypnotic dancing. She's good but no personality. Keep her on NXT.

Paige - The Diva that needs to move to the main roster instantly!!

Sasha Banks - She has a cool swag about her. Leave her on NXT for a while so she can improve her character.

Summer Rae - She is a mixture of Kelly and Maryse, with the looks and the character. I'd have her move to the main roster as a Maryse-esque character. She is apprently good in the ring.

So, what would you do with the women?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Knockout Champion

comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd scrap the entire division. It is absolutely worthless having a division when all they get as a 2 minute match on Raw, Smackdown and PPV.

Unless they're given actually storyline and character progression and are granted a 10 minute slot on either Raw, Smackdown or both there is no point in having them there
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Knockout Champion

wrestlingfan is looking to come up from OCW...wrestlingfan is looking to come up from OCW...wrestlingfan is looking to come up from OCW...

I say just scrap the Division. At least if they scrap it and feminist orgs accuse them of discriminating against women, WWE could at least use the excuse "There isn't enough female talent".

It actually makes them look more sexist by having a Divas Division where the women are used as either bathroom breaks or sex symbols.

WCW:The Revival
WCW: The Homepage and Official Website
Click the Names Above, for More...
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
The Warblade Of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

The girls they should focus on the most are AJ, Natalya, and Layla. Kaitlyn has improved a lot too. I still don't think she was ready to be champion yet, but she's better than a good number of the others. Few of the others are remotely talented or interesting. The first thing I would do is have AJ become Divas Champion. Then I'd have her feud with and defeat every single other diva on the roster one by one, until the only one left she has not faced is Natalya, who should have been built up this entire time on the side. I'd have the two of them in a lengthy feud to finally give the division some good quality matches and promos that it deserves.

Meanwhile, they can work with girls like Kaitlyn or Layla who are a little better than the rest of the roster. They need to be the main candidates for feuds with the winner of the AJ VS Natalyta angle once it has ended. Most of the rest suck and there's a reason fans use their matches are breaks most of the time. I do not know much about any of the ladies from the developmental area.... If any of them are talented enough to make it on the main roster, they should continue to train until they are ready and them have them come up to Raw/Smackdown to work matches/angles with someone who can actually pull off a good match, Natalya comes to mind. There is hope for the division, but they have GOT to push the right girls or else it will continue to get worse.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Innovation Kid

WrestlingSabermetrics is looking to come up from OCW...

I hate to say it, but I think scraping the Divas Division is probably the best thing to do. Does anyone know where I can find first and second hour ratings for Raw for the past few months? I would change my opinion if the division actually contributed to boosting ratings.

There was actually a well done study in 2007 out of Yale which I'll look for that found that "sexiness" in women in commercials and in broadcast actually took away from product sales and tv ratings because people forgot what was being sold and what news was being discussed. It was all over the media for about a week and was very fascinating. I wouldn't be shocked (actually it's probably likely) if the Divas Division started to take off if they didn't make it a beauty pageant. I think women like Kelly Kelly and Maryse leaving the company was actually a good thing (I think Vince knew this as well). I think women like Natalya and Beth Phoenix (who is unfortunately gone) are best for the division. I like A.J. as well because she's got a lot of charisma in the ring as well as the looks (which are more of a bonus than anything), so for now I'd do an A.J.-Natalya angle.

Last edited by WrestlingSabermetrics : 01-26-2013 at 07:06 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 PM

Saeros is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJWWE View Post
In the past year, the WWE Diva Division has lost major and popular talents such as Kharma, Beth, Kelly, Bellas and now Eve. With a new champion in NXTS3 winner, Kaitlyn, the only heel to possibly challenge her is Tamina (More personality in a banana than her). So, with the current crop of women from both the main roster and NXT, what should they be doing with all of the women?

WWE:
AJ Lee - She's doing great with her current role. I'd have her go Crazy on Ziggler, leave him and turn back to babyface and be the face of the division.

Aksana - She was getting their with the in-ring side of things when she was in FCW but something has changed and she seems to have gotten worse. I would just release her.

Alicia Fox - Somewhat of an underrated talent in my opinion. She is very flexible and can show that she's good in the ring. I'd turn her back heel to how she was during her title reign.

Cameron/Naomi - PLEASE!!! split these 2 away from Brodus and have them as a babyface team but let Naomi have more singles matches. I'd actually release Cameron and keep Naomi.

Kaitlyn - Her first ever match was on WWE NXT TV! From then until now, she has progressed alot in the ring. Her character is the 'Girl Next Door' it's working for her, just not even to give her the title.

Tamina - My opinion on Tamina is simple. Just because she is the daughter of the Superfly, doesn't mean that she is good in-ring. She is ok but she has NO charisma at all! I'd keep her heel but not as the top heel.

Natalya - What the hell are they doing with her at the minute! Putting her with 2 of the most comedy-type characters in WWE history. Why are they doing this to her and to us? Just PLEASE!! remove her away from them 2, keep her face and have her as the secondary babyface.

Rosa Mendes - Just no. She is pure HOT with that hip shaking and she's good with the valet stuff. Keep her their and don't put her in the ring. This past week on Smackdown, she made Natalya look bad. I'd release her.

Layla - I'd turn Layla heel and have her as the top heel.

NXT:
Anya - I've not seen her wrestle yet but apprently, she's like a mix of Beth and Chyna, with the power so who knows.

Audrey Marie - She's ok in the ring. Nothing special. I'd keep her on NXT.

Charlotte - The daugher of the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Words have been going around that she is getting really good in the ring. I'd like to see her move up to the main roster as a babyface, have Ric in her corner for a month or 2 so that she can get over and then let her go on her own.

Dani - Who? End of. Release her.

Emma - The women with the strange-hypnotic dancing. She's good but no personality. Keep her on NXT.

Paige - The Diva that needs to move to the main roster instantly!!

Sasha Banks - She has a cool swag about her. Leave her on NXT for a while so she can improve her character.

Summer Rae - She is a mixture of Kelly and Maryse, with the looks and the character. I'd have her move to the main roster as a Maryse-esque character. She is apprently good in the ring.

So, what would you do with the women?
AJ - Turning her face again would just be boring. Im enjoying her character at the moment. Shes been girlfriend with a heel, had a fling with a heel, was a face GM, started a fling with Cena, then turned and actually became stable in terms of her character and now you want her to turn so soon after she already has? Give her character some stability and become the top heel diva is a better option IMO. Give her the title at Mania i say and stay at the side of Ziggler after he cashes in at Mania and have them as champions ruling the roost for a while.

Aksana - Needs work in ring and in promos. Id either release her as you said or just keep her around as eye candy in a role similar to what Teddy Long does now. Where you get to see her once or twice a week but she doesnt do much.

Alicia Fox - They aint got a clue what to do with her, and TBH neither have i. Shes decent in ring but something about her tells me shes not going to live up to her potential.

Cameron and Naomi - Release them both, Naomi is hugely over-rated. Never been a fan of her.

Kaitlyn - Still needs lots of work but shes coming along alright. I get the feeling this divas title run is a test to see how she does.

Tamina - May not have the charisma but She has menace. Something the Divas division lacks at the moment. Kharma isnt coming back anytime soon and Beth Phoenix has left. Tamina fits in nicely as the "dominant" female.

Natalya - Painful. She is someone who deserves better and i rarely say that as i see the WWE in a different light than most people on the forum do. But this is a woman who has paid her dues to the WWE and the wrestling industry and IMO from her in ring performances and her willingness to do garbage such as flatulence angles and walk around waving like the queen wearing long dresses. Id have her turn heel, physically dismantle other divas in the ring with technical matches and announce that shes bringing wrestling back to the Divas division.

Rosa - Just because she made Natalya "look bad" in one match doesnt mean she deserves to be released. She has her uses as eye candy. Keep her as a manager. On the mic she isnt that bad and has some charisma, more so when shes actually in front of the crowd rather than in a pre-taped segment

Layla - I feel horrible as in English and so is she...but she bores the holy fuck out of me. Her voice is hideous aswell. I dont really know what id do with her. I dont think she got over as a face, so turn her heel and put her back to her "beautiful people" gimmick or whatever that team with Mccool was.
NXT
Anya - Not seen, cant judge. Will not listen to speculation as ive lernt the hard way to not build my hopes up on certain wrestlers.

Audrie Marie - Decent in the ring, has had some decent matches with Paige but still needs another year or two in development.

Charlotte - Yes the reports state shes progressing well, but that is no reason to throw her onto the main roster now. Shes only been signed since may and started appearing on nxt what, 4 months ago if that? Keep her in NXT and let her progress more, then bring her up and feud with Natalya in a Hart vs Flair feud that maybe brings Flair and Bret face to face.

Dani - Ok here is where i have to point out that i think you're being totally ignorant and idiotic in your comments now. This girl got signed at the middle to the end of last year, and because you havent heard of her? Yeah...good one. By that logic John Cena should of been fired 3 months into signing a OVW development deal because everyone would of said "who"

Emma - No personality? How much have you seen of her? 2-3 matches and you judge her on that. She had no gimmick for the first few matches on NXT months ago and now shes actually got a character (which is horrible might i add) you assume she has no personality. How about waiting and seeing if she can cut a promo or see where she goes with this character in ring instead of saying she has no personality after seeing her once or twice. Again i hate to bring it up again but many thought John Cena had no personality when he debuted...

Paige - I wouldnt say move her up instantly, but she is the Diva with the most potential. Definatly the next Diva to get called up in my opinion. The Natalya storyline i mentioned could be used for her aswell (minus the hart/flair part) whereby she attacks the divas champion and others by using her good wrestling knowledge and assuming all other Divas are typical bimbos who cant wrestle until another Diva steps up against her, Maybe Natalya or a returning Beth Phoenix/Kely Kelly

Summer Rae - i havent seen much of her in ring ability but on the mic i thought she was alright as the GM of FCW early last year or in 2011 whenever it was. So i cant comment on her due to lack of knowledge

Overall the Divas division needs some work. The talent itself isnt that bad. Its not where it could be as a shitload of talent have now gone. Maryse, Kharma, Eve, Kelly, Beth Phoenix, Michelle Mccool were all good talent that excelled at certain aspects. Sadly i dont see their talent in the likes of Alicia Fox, Cameron and Naomi, Aksana, Layla, Rosa or Kaitlyn. All of them are nowhere above average on the mic and none are decent in the ring baring Layla who isnt that bad, but isnt that good either. Kaitlyn can definatly improve though and has the most potential out of those i just mentioned. AJ is there or thereabouts.

So what id do is this. do everything i could to convince her and hire Nora Greenwald (Molly Holly) as the Divas trainer. While having a male trainer is great aswell it'd be nothing but beneficial for them to learn from one of the best womans wrestlers to of ever been in the WWE in terms of actual wrestling ability.

Then id trim the fat. Get rid of some of the Divas on the current roster or send them down to NXT. Following that, id also reach out and do everything in my power to try to entice Beth Phoenix and Kharma back. I dont think Kelly Kelly or Maryse would be willing to come back.

And id keep the Divas roster small in terms of those actually wrestling. Rosa can stay non wrestling and if shes interested in wrestling then get more training. Also, Bring up Paige
The roster would look as follows
AJ
Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Kaitlyn
Kharma
Layla
Natalya
Paige

The rest as i mentioned, Fire, make them just managers or send to NXT.

Keeping the Divas division small and confined to about 7-8 Divas will hopefully get the audience to actually care about them again. Instead of One diva winning and then having a challenger that gets beaten and then another diva steps up all the while taking it in turns so half the divas roster has fuck all to do for 6 months of the year until they get their month in the spotlight before either being given the title or fading back into obscurity. And give them something to do. If they're not feuding for the title, dont have them sitting on the sidelines doing nothing or walking down to the ring waving like their the queen of england. One Feud for the title between 2 or 3 divas, one feud between 2 or 3 other divas and the other 2-3 divas get involved elsewhere like AJ has done. She hasnt been part of the Divas title scene yet shes more relevant and over than any diva on the current roster.

And that'd be my plan.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM

RobinVanDutch is looking to come up from OCW...

I have read somewhere that Paige isn't allowed to wrestle on the main roster yet? The reason was that she just turned 20 years old and the age limit in WWE is 21? Not sure if this is true or not.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 PM
WWE Just Blog It's Bushwhacker

ShatteredDreamsProduction is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeros View Post
Aksana - Needs work in ring and in promos. Id either release her as you said or just keep her around as eye candy in a role similar to what Teddy Long does now. Where you get to see her once or twice a week but she doesnt do much.

I'm sure you just called teddy long "eye candy" somewhere in that.

As for the divas division.
Kaitlyn is actually a promising Diva I think. And with a bit of help and the right storyline could go a long way

AJ needs to be brought back into wrestling instead of just managing. Maybe give her a shot at the title at WM when dolph is challenging the same night.

Rosa Mendez, from what I can work out on twitter. Is training hard in the gym. Trying to get stronger so she can do more moves and become a better wrestler. Think she senses epico and primo may not be in WWE much longer.

Aksana really hasn't got much going for her at the moment. Ever since her and Cesaro split. She has sort of just drifted along in little pointless segments.

Alicia Fox has actually got quite a bit of talent in the ring for today's Diva standards. WWE needs to make up their mind whether she is heel or face though.

Natalya really upsets me with how she has been treated. Worked hard to get to WWE. Has an awesome lineage wrestling wise. And is left to be a comedy filler. She is so much better than that. And is a really good technical wrestler.

Now I haven't seen much of Paige. But I hear she is gonna be the next big thing Diva wise. I think the only reason WWE haven't called her up yet is because of her age. She is what? 19. With her being English. And the anti diva. I can see some form of alliance between her and wade Barrett. Like a golden couple who go around righting the wrongs of today's WWE.

As for the other divas. Just build a solid secondary around them. People like taming who can be a dominant heel. The funkettes could be a nice little face tag team to take on some heel divas.

The NXT Divas have some talent between them as we'll. I like the idea of bringing in Molly holly as a trainer for the divas. Maybe even get Lita and Trish to come back and train some up as well.
And throw some decent story lines their way. Bring back the women's title. Give them more telly exposure than being filler. Or instead of putting Vicky Guerrero in a main event match. Actually put divas who can wrestle there instead.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...Kodo Sawaki worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Why would anybody scrap Divas Division? Its a feast to my eyes to see beutifull women in skimpy outfit fighting in ring. I would rather watch that then some "Monster wrestler" to squash some jobbers anytime.

Division is weak long time ago. Every talent that they tried to build is either released or quited due to personal issues. My thought is they dont really care too much and if they would care they would keep Beth Phoenix, Kharma, Melina or even Maryse and Michelle Mccool and most recently Eve. All they tried to build over the course of years either released or left and no wonder that the Divas Division is at such poor shape. Raquel Diaz(daughter od Eddie and Vickie Guerrero) had potential and she personally requested to be released. If they would put some effort in Divas and build them right maybe it would be better, like this they are at the state where everybody whos ever been champion of division left. Not much future in that...
sendpm.gif
Old 01-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Wrestlezone.com
WCW TV Champion

The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm so beyond done caring about the Divas division. It has nothing to do with sexism or 2-minute squash matches. Ok, maybe it has a little to do with the later of those two, but honestly...I'm just sick of investing into a girl that's not going to be around in 6 months.

I was really excited when Kharma showed up. Obviously what happened with her was a tragedy and they can't control that, but it was still a big disappointment. And then, despite all the criticism, Kelly Kelly was finally starting to come along. She was drawing a great reaction from the fans, and was actually looking like a pro wrestler in some of her later matches. And just when I finally got into her, she left to go...do whatever the hell she's doing. A fwe months prior, the exact same thing happened with the Bella Twins.

My most recent loss was Eve, obviously. She was my favorite Diva before her departure. A great in-ring athlete, and one of the few girls not afraid to speak. She had a great personality about her, and drew heat rather well. And once again, at the very peak of her performance, she left. Just like Kelly, just like the Twins, and just like pretty much every Diva I've gotten into the last few years. And so this time I just don't care. Kaitlyn is alright, with a good look and an intensity about her. I like her use of the spear. But she's not great in the ring, and she still hasn't come into her own as a charismatic face. There's certainly time for her to progress, but do I dare start to invest in her? I just don't care anymore...
sendpm.gif