WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion > The GSD Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Anti-Diva
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Marvel's Agent Coulson not dead, SHIELD TV Series to take place after The Avengers

It's official, Agent Coulson of the Marvel Universe is not dead, and the SHIELD ABC series is not a prequel to the Avengers.

Quote:
Ever since it was announced that Clark Gregg would be part of the cast of S.H.I.E.L.D., the question all of us who saw The Avengers had was how could that be? How could Agent Phil Coulson, who appeared to die in that film, return? While there are plenty of theories on that, another question was if the series would even have to “resurrect” Coulson at all, with some wondering if maybe it was a prequel, set before the events of Avengers.

Last night at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, I spoke to ABC president Paul Lee about S.H.I.E.L.D. and when I asked him how tied into the ongoing Marvel films the series would be, he replied, “There is no question that it is part of the Marvel Universe. In fact, the story takes place after the battle for New York."

Having confirmed that the series was one set post-Avengers, Lee went on to say that still, S.H.I.E.L.D. had to stand on its own. “This is S.H.I.E.L.D. They’re following their own particular stories. There are characters in it, Coulson, who clearly come from Avengers. So it’s part of the world, but we’re going to be very, very careful that we don’t tread on the toes of the features and build a whole new world. And that’s what Joss Whedon does better than anybody else. He’s built a world for us.”

S.H.I.E.L.D. begins filming next week, but hasn’t officially been picked up as a series beyond the pilot, and Lee stressed, “It’s the early days. We don’t know if it’s going to be everything we hope it’s going to be. We know the script is great. That’s all we know at this point. And we know Joss is the best!”

It’s hard not to imagine S.H.I.E.L.D. as a new way to introduce Marvel characters and Lee remarked, “I think if we’re lucky enough to have a great series, we’re obviously having fun with that. At this point though, we have a number of characters at the heart of the script who are real characters, who are the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the first task is to make those guys great and relatable and everything that a great show needs. Beyond that, fingers crossed!”

Whedon meanwhile spoke to MTV this week, and commenting on the smaller scale of S.H.I.E.L.D. compared to the Marvel movies said, “You've got to bring a bit of spectacle to it. It’s got to be bigger than your average cop show. But at the end of the day, it’s about the peripheral people. It’s about the people on the edges of the grand adventures. The whole point of the show is that even with all these big things, the little things matter. So it’s about people who don’t have super powers. There will be some people with powers, there will be FX, there will be the spectacle of science-fiction storytelling, but all played on a very human, small level. That’s the appeal of the thing.”
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Then one of the most touching moments in the whole film is rendered pointless...ok!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Thread Killer

Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
Then one of the most touching moments in the whole film is rendered pointless...ok!
Wasnt there always a maybe about the death, that old sammy boy had just used it for motivation? He was bullshitting with the card from the locket too?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Anti-Diva

Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dynamite Dallas Paige worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Militant View Post
Wasnt there always a maybe about the death, that old sammy boy had just used it for motivation? He was bullshitting with the card from the locket too?
Basically, I haven't met anyone who actually thought he was dead, especially with series announced.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I chose to believe that he died because him dying was the right thing for the film.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Thread Killer

Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danger Burger worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
I chose to believe that he died because him dying was the right thing for the film.
To rip from the dark knight, it was the story we needed, not the story we deserved.

And I think it can develop into something much bigger for the sequel if he stays undead, which could add a lot of depth?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

I don't see the need for him to appear in any future films. That might just be me though.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Thread Killer

Quote:
I don't see the need for him to appear in any future films. That might just be me though.
He doesnt have to, much. But it can plant seeds of distrust (or I guess build upon the ones already there) between the avengers and Fury. And that could lead to some cool storytelling and CGI fighting.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Life is for the living doncha know
Ring of Honor Champion

justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...

What's stupid is Whedon never wanted to kill Coulson in the movie, the studio made him put that in, the same studio tht is now bring him back for a TV series. Though if you're a comic fan this shouldn't be a shock, very few people in comics stay dead forever.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsayne View Post
What's stupid is Whedon never wanted to kill Coulson in the movie, the studio made him put that in, the same studio tht is now bring him back for a TV series. Though if you're a comic fan this shouldn't be a shock, very few people in comics stay dead forever.
Nobody in comics stays dead but Jason Todd, Bucky and Uncle Ben.

No wait, that can't be right...

Maybe they'll add in Scarlet Witch or some shit? Easy Peasy.