WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default Could Brooke Hogan Become A "Crazy Chick"?

Last night on IW, they started things off with Bully Ray initially calling out Hulk Hogan. Brooke comes out to Hogan's music, eventually, and gets into the ring with Ray. They make it seem as though they're trying to have something of a "private conversation" at first while conveniently keeping the mic high enough so as to make out what they're saying. Brooke tells Ray that her father knows about them and something about pictures. More than once during the segment, Ray says something to the effect that there's nothing for Hogan to know because there is no us.

Now, Ray shoved his tongue down Brooke's throat last week. I have a feeling that TNA is going to go down the path of Brooke somehow thinking that now she & Ray are an item because of said kiss. It just gave me a kind of vibe that TNA could be going for an angle somewhat like AJ Lee in which Brooke takes a "passionate kiss" out of context and gets all clingy while becoming more unbalanced as the weeks progress.

TNA might not go down that route at all. It's merely the feeling I get with Ray going the route of stating that there is no relationship with Brooke while Brooke obviously believes otherwise.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

R.K.O is looking to come up from OCW...R.K.O is looking to come up from OCW...

Feels more like a Claire Lynch to me. Next you will see Brooke taking out pictures of a drunk Bubba with her and ask him to take responsibility.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 AM
The Warblade Of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...Dagger Dias is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I have never been more disappointed in TNA than I am right now with this angle. It is already worse than Claire Lynch. No wrestler on the roster could possibly save it, it doesn't matter who is involved as it is completely unwatchable at this point. I knew that it reaching the point of no longer being watchable was the ultimate endpoint when they made Brooke be part of an onscreen angle. She's horrible! The complaints people make about Garrett Bischoff can easily be made about her as well. She has no talent whatsoever and therefore offers NOTHING for the federation and is only there due to what her last name is.

Even though I tried to give this angle a chance, it has become 100% unwatchable. Why waste this on someone talentless like Brooke when there are other girls on the roster who actually can work matches or do promos? Any of them could just as easily become close friends with Hogan in backstage segments leading up to the angle and then Ray gets closer to them in an attempt to earn Hogan's trust, there, now you have this angle but without Brooke. The absolute LAST thing I want to see is Brooke getting friendly with anyone onscreen. She's not attractive and does not deserve to be wasting anyone's time onscreen.

The only way it could possibly get any worse is if she were to become Knockout Champion. I swear I will stop watching TNA if she does, at least until she'd lose the belt. I have a very bad feeling that could be what happens, this is TNA we are talking about after all. I have no desire to see her become a ripoff of AJ Lee's character. At least AJ has the ability to work a match and is good on the mic. She's also pretty. Brooke is none of the above and TNA have clearly lost their minds if they think anything beneficial will result from this.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM
The crow no longer sings to me...
World Heavyweight Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

I have no idea where they are going with this, and I don't care. This is right on par with the Claire Lynch story, and others of similar threading that have occurred throughout recent history. This business of interweaving these pathetic, irrelevant soap-opera-like love stories/triangles into the professional wrestling atmosphere—let alone one where the two men involved in the triangle are more than likely not even going to wrestle over it (considering Hogan is barely able to walk)—is absurd. I get that in booking you're always looking for "new ways" to get guys over, but if I didn't love TNA like a loyal dog, last night's opening would have had me change the fuckin' channel, especially because they opened the show with it! I watched IMPACT with a good buddy of mine who's been watching wrestling for 20+ years like me, and we both just stared at each other watching this, utterly confused as to what the hell was happening, and why it was happening on IMPACT in the first place.

This nepotistic nonsense needs to go – Garett, Brooke, etc. I still hold out hope that at some point, somewhere in the future, companies will learn that just because you share the same last name as someone who is already famous, that does not in and of itself make you famous, and more importantly, does not make me care about you.

Please, TNA... please bail on this. It's horrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-28-2012, 10:42 AM
WWE European Champion

hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...

Personally, I don't think that Brooke Hogan as a crazy chick per se is going to work. The "crazy chick" character worked for AJ Lee because she is an attractive woman. Strike one against Brooke Hogan. Also, AJ is able to go in the ring and is a plausible female wrestler. Strike two, Ms. Hogan. Regardless of her surname, there are going to be roadblocks along the way which will limit what Brooke Hogan is able to do storyline wise. Unless, of course, nepotism is running wild in TNA, and we all know there is no precedent for this in TNA.

I see one of two scenarios for Brooke Hogan. Option one is that she doublecrosses Bully Ray in some manner, possibly by being affiliated with Aces and Eights, likely involving her stoner or at least his buddy Eric. Horrid. Option two is that Bully Ray dumps her, choosing affiliation with her famous father over her. So I don't see her being a crazy chick, but she could be a jilted ex who uses her influence to make Mark's life miserable.

Either way, it promises to be horrid. Bail out now while you can, TNA. Or we will have to endure Claire Lynch all over again.

Last edited by hatehabsforever : 12-28-2012 at 10:55 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
WWE Women's Champion

Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
I have no idea where they are going with this, and I don't care. This is right on par with the Claire Lynch story, and others of similar threading that have occurred throughout recent history. This business of interweaving these pathetic, irrelevant soap-opera-like love stories/triangles into the professional wrestling atmosphere—let alone one where the two men involved in the triangle are more than likely not even going to wrestle over it (considering Hogan is barely able to walk)—is absurd. I get that in booking you're always looking for "new ways" to get guys over, but if I didn't love TNA like a loyal dog, last night's opening would have had me change the fuckin' channel, especially because they opened the show with it! I watched IMPACT with a good buddy of mine who's been watching wrestling for 20+ years like me, and we both just stared at each other watching this, utterly confused as to what the hell was happening, and why it was happening on IMPACT in the first place.

This nepotistic nonsense needs to go – Garett, Brooke, etc. I still hold out hope that at some point, somewhere in the future, companies will learn that just because you share the same last name as someone who is already famous, that does not in and of itself make you famous, and more importantly, does not make me care about you.

Please, TNA... please bail on this. It's horrid.
Quote:
I have never been more disappointed in TNA than I am right now with this angle. It is already worse than Claire Lynch. No wrestler on the roster could possibly save it, it doesn't matter who is involved as it is completely unwatchable at this point. I knew that it reaching the point of no longer being watchable was the ultimate endpoint when they made Brooke be part of an onscreen angle. She's horrible! The complaints people make about Garrett Bischoff can easily be made about her as well. She has no talent whatsoever and therefore offers NOTHING for the federation and is only there due to what her last name is.

Even though I tried to give this angle a chance, it has become 100% unwatchable. Why waste this on someone talentless like Brooke when there are other girls on the roster who actually can work matches or do promos? Any of them could just as easily become close friends with Hogan in backstage segments leading up to the angle and then Ray gets closer to them in an attempt to earn Hogan's trust, there, now you have this angle but without Brooke. The absolute LAST thing I want to see is Brooke getting friendly with anyone onscreen. She's not attractive and does not deserve to be wasting anyone's time onscreen.

The only way it could possibly get any worse is if she were to become Knockout Champion. I swear I will stop watching TNA if she does, at least until she'd lose the belt. I have a very bad feeling that could be what happens, this is TNA we are talking about after all. I have no desire to see her become a ripoff of AJ Lee's character. At least AJ has the ability to work a match and is good on the mic. She's also pretty. Brooke is none of the above and TNA have clearly lost their minds if they think anything beneficial will result from this.
Hmmm....how do you guys really feel?

It bothers me that this is going on for multiple reasons. IDR and Dagger went into enough about the other stuff. What I want to bring up on this is the fact that Jack-Hammer's original post has some validity to it. It really does have a potential path towards some crazy chick gimmick for Brooke Hogan. I truly hope not, as wrestling storylines are recycled enough. For TNA to do this immediately following AJ's crazy chick past few months would just be awful. Not to mention, I just don't see Brooke being able to pull it off in the first place. Maybe that means they won't do it.

Between Claire Lynch, AJ and now wherever this is going, there's been too many soap opera type storylines with women lately. At least AJ's was fun because she did a great job pulling off the crazy chick. But even that gets old after awhile.

Plus Bully Ray has been too good the past year or so for them to stick him with this crap. Move on please.

EDIT:

Quote:
The "crazy chick" character worked for AJ Lee because she is an attractive woman. Strike one against Brooke Hogan.

Last edited by Fire Marshall Bill : 12-28-2012 at 10:51 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Causing a Ruckusfuck
WCW TV Champion

Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Lately it seems that professional wrestling companies have forgotten that they can't just say "maybe relationship! CARE!" Why do we care about Brooke/Bubba? (No reason has been given, so, we don't.) Same reason no one cared about WWEAJ/Cena/Ziggler, same reason no one cared about AJ/Claire.

It's like making love to a woman. You have to put effort into it, and even if you do, sometimes it might just not happen. You don't just start pounding away and tell them they're going to like it, you have to build up to it and create the mood.

Mixed metaphors aside, the world will be a better place with Brooke Hogan kept away from television cameras.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:32 PM
PHiLLY PuNK
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Last night on IW, they started things off with Bully Ray initially calling out Hulk Hogan. Brooke comes out to Hogan's music, eventually, and gets into the ring with Ray. They make it seem as though they're trying to have something of a "private conversation" at first while conveniently keeping the mic high enough so as to make out what they're saying. Brooke tells Ray that her father knows about them and something about pictures. More than once during the segment, Ray says something to the effect that there's nothing for Hogan to know because there is no us.

Now, Ray shoved his tongue down Brooke's throat last week. I have a feeling that TNA is going to go down the path of Brooke somehow thinking that now she & Ray are an item because of said kiss. It just gave me a kind of vibe that TNA could be going for an angle somewhat like AJ Lee in which Brooke takes a "passionate kiss" out of context and gets all clingy while becoming more unbalanced as the weeks progress.

TNA might not go down that route at all. It's merely the feeling I get with Ray going the route of stating that there is no relationship with Brooke while Brooke obviously believes otherwise.
I was thinking the samething myself when I was watching it and though most WWE marks will say "TNA is copying WWE again" I actually think its wise to have this storyline with her and Ray. Bully is one of my favorite characters TNA has now and Brooke is a better actor than her Dad so to me it is fun. I watch TNA but im not a fanatic about it. I will probably miss a couple shows a month if Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are NEW episodes BUT this little storyline that they have going on with Brooke and Ray coupled with the Sons of Anarchy, I mean Aces and 8's actually has me more excited to watch TNA than I have been in the past.

I am NOT what you would call a WWE mark but it is my preference of the two shows, however I WANT TNA to succeed and get bigger because I just love wrestling and these two storylines have me WANTING to watch TNA more religiously.

So if they go the route of Brooke being a crazy chick, I will be all for it.

I never wish bad to anyone but if I could somehow make Cena go away for 2 years I would
sendpm.gif
Old 12-28-2012, 05:31 PM
separated at girth
WWE Diva's Champion

Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...

C'mon, guys, Brooke is okay... She's a far cry from the masculine girl she was once and she has a shapely figure and nice eyes. Not only would I hit that, I would LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP that...

Having just said that, we don't need another "Crazy AJ". Personally, I believe that we didn't need the first one, because it was more than a little cheesy.

We also don't need more of Brooke. Having Hulk gradually "selecting" from a group of guys who'll main-event is bad enough, but now TNA is pulling this shit with the women too? Enough! Hogan has milked the Hulkamania-titty dry.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Don't Call Me Short, I'm The
Ring of Honor Champion

Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...Killjoy is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
Great.

Quote:
Reminds me of Stephanie. And how damn stupid do you have to be consider this worse than Claire Lynch? This is a mere dating story. Claire Lynch was a large conspiracy that involved 2 wrestlers going out their way to sabotage one guy with a hooker, drugs and pregnancy. I hardly see how this can be so damn worse.

Quote:
Good thing you aren't the guy TNA wants to satisfy. I certainly consider it more watchable than Garett Bischoff or Claire Lynch.
Quote:
You exaggerated bloke. Because the Knockouts are so damn compelling right now, right? It might do more good than you think. She'd certainly be new blood to the women instead of rehashing every potential setup with the ones they do have. But of course we need to watch out for your interests.

I get it. It's not that good a story. But it's not as "oh Jesus Christ how can you exist and allow this to happen" as you make it out to be. So stop being so damn exaggerated.

Watch Lucha Libre With KJ

R.I.P. Chespitiro. "Fue Sin Querer Queriendo!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
And for the record, my wife has a build resembling that of a blonde counterpart of Final Fantasy 7's Tifa.
Join WZCW Dammit. Join The HYPE.
sendpm.gif