WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-25-2012, 11:43 AM
F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
ROH Pure Champion

Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...
Cool Stupid Storylines You Loved

In other words, this is probably going to be the all-purpose Kane thread.

Just got to thinking about the May 19th storyline and... damn, the May 19th storyline was amazing. One of very few movies I'll always remember the release date for, so guess WWE did a good job of that. And the date wound up being some nice continuity in the end to boot.

So, yeah, that's where we start. Can think of some other Kane ones offhand, but rather see what all else gets brought up that doesn't involve him.
Just when you think you got all the answers....I change the questions...GENIUS!!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...

Tons come to mind, but the first one that sticks out is Wrestlemania X7, Edge vs. Booker T in an epic battle over...a Japanese shampoo commercial.

The sheer absurdity of the whole thing made it impossible not to like.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:56 PM
#SwerveKing

Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...

There was a storyline back in 2005 where Kurt Angle stalked Booker T's wife Sharmell because he apparently had an addiction to guttersluts (not painkillers, as was the most prominent theory). During the feud he cut a promo saying how he wanted to have dirty bestiality sex with Booker T's wife, which as far as I'm concerned is right up there with Austin 3:16 in terms of memorable and influential promos. On another episode of SmackDown there was a backstage segment in which it was implied that Kurt Angle attempted to rape Sharmell (and possibly succeeded). As I recall the feud culminated in a HUGE grudge match between Angle and Booker at Judgement Day.

Overall, the storyline was great. Kurt Angle was a likeable protagonist who the fans could easily relate to and empathize with.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:46 PM

SunnyD is looking to come up from OCW...

HBK & God vs. Vince and Shane

Was it wrong? Of course. You can't deny it was in bad taste.

Did it make for some great promos? Definitely. The match was awesome too, except for the finish. Shawn Michaels may very well be the best performer ever, and this match is not an exception. Vintage Vinny Mac.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
#SwerveKing

Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...Sexcellence of Sexecution is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
HBK & God vs. Vince and Shane

Was it wrong? Of course. You can't deny it was in bad taste.

Did it make for some great promos? Definitely. The match was awesome too, except for the finish. Shawn Michaels may very well be the best performer ever, and this match is not an exception. Vintage Vinny Mac.
Personally, I was hoping they would have a guy come out dressed like Jesus to get the hot tag and clean house on the McMahons. Would've really put the feud over the top.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:45 PM

Darkshot77 is looking to come up from OCW...Darkshot77 is looking to come up from OCW...Darkshot77 is looking to come up from OCW...Darkshot77 is looking to come up from OCW...Darkshot77 is looking to come up from OCW...Darkshot77 is looking to come up from OCW...

Eric Young searching for Scott Baio so he could face him for the TV title. This was so off the wall, and really ridiculous, but god I loved it. Speaking of Eric Young: The Prince Justice Brotherhood. Lemmie Recap: You had Eric Young as a Superhero, Christopher Daniels as a man made of Curry, and Stone Cold Shark Boy. On paper these gimmicks never should have happened, but combined in a imaginary justice league, it worked, at least for me.

In the WWE you have Jessie and Festus, I have no idea why this gimmick was dropped. It was dumb, really dumb, and kinda in bad taste. You have a big mentally handicapped person who goes berserk when he hears the ring bell, being accompanied by his redneck brother...Why they never won the tag titles is beyond me. Plus the had the greatest theme music ever, a song about biscuits and gravy, whats better than that?
Wikapedia Aug. 15 2008: List of World Wrestling Entertainment employees: Inactive talent: Rey Mysterio-scarred, tortured, and severely damaged by Kane
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 07:18 PM

ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...

Undertaker vs Undertaker.

Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez

Undertaker wearing Phantom of the Opera mask due to broken face

I remember I was a bit young when this happened, and I was a strait up mark for it. I've grown up a huge horror/sci-fi fan, so I was a huge mark for pretty much anything WWE ever did with the Taker character. I always loved seeing this character vanquish all of these bazaar, gigantic, freak monsters. No doubt these were all terrible matches and storylines, but I still love it.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 08:40 PM

brighamosity is looking to come up from OCW...brighamosity is looking to come up from OCW...

I liked anything Disco Inferno did. Specifically when he was teaming up with Alex Wright. I also marked out when he was a semi-member of the nWo Wolfpac. I know he was supposed to be a heel, but his character was just so goofy and entertaining that I couldn't possibly boo him.

I somewhat enjoyed the Katie Vick storyline. It was wrong on so many levels. But I liked it anyway. I think it was a cop-out when Triple H dressed up as Kane though, because that sort of ended the storyline. Prior to that, Triple H was insisting that Kane had done all this bad stuff to Katie Vick and I was interested to see how much of it was true so I think they could have drawn that storyline out a few more weeks.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 08:50 PM

justin71 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd have to go with Vince/DX feud with Vince loving the cock! It killed Triple H as a serious heel character the year before, but it was also the last of 'attitude'esq humor as well...
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...justtxyank is looking to come up from OCW...

Blood Runs Cold.

This was basically mortal combat in WCW with the debut of Glacier and Mortis. It wasn't awesome or anything, but I dug Glacier. He was a stupid character, but it was fun.
sendpm.gif