WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM

the_vipers_enigma is looking to come up from OCW...
Default What Will Happen With the Phenomenal One?

Ever since AJ lost the World title to RVD his carrier went downfall. He hasn't won any big championships except maybe the Tag Team titles(the TV title isn't prestigious). Sure he faced Bobby Roode for the title and that's it. His feuds have become boring in a way(the story with Claire Lynch for example) and somehow TNA thinks that putting him in a program with Daniels is still interesting. Yeah their matches are great as always but that is all their is. And on top of that he can't fight for the World title until BFG. Now what do you think AJ should do does he take time of or maybe a hell turn and finding a way to get a World title match.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 02:27 PM
WZCW World Heavyweight Champion!
King of the Ring

Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...

They gave him time off. The idea is to replenish him. Because, you know, 10 years straight on TV can exhaust you and your creative team. The next thing for AJ Styles is rest and later a comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
And for the record, my wife has a build resembling that of a blonde counterpart of Final Fantasy 7's Tifa.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
"The OverNight Celebrity" Roger Ruiz's Avatar
"The OverNight Celebrity" Roger Ruiz "The OverNight Celebrity" Roger Ruiz is offline
Big Papa Panty Droppa
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

"The OverNight Celebrity" Roger Ruiz is looking to come up from OCW..."The OverNight Celebrity" Roger Ruiz is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah, exactly what KillJoy said. There is no reason for AJ Styles to rush back. They don't need him at this point. AJ NEEDS this time off, and when he decides to come back, hopefully they make him different because I can only deal with so much TNA Savior comebacks.

AJ got stale over the 10 plus years, and if he comes back I can't see him NOT winning a championship. He'll have a few more runs as he's still relatively young, and he is the TNA Company in a nutshell.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

I don't buy the idea that AJ Styles ever got "stale". I just think the problem is that TNA thought they had a number of other main event guys in place who they put more of a focus on, which left AJ out in the cold. He still entertained the holy fuck out of the fans no matter the match, but he held a feud with Daniels for what, two and a half straight years, because of this?

The way they wrote him off says his comeback has to be somewhat different though. If the same AJ comes back it'll be a little awkward considering that promo he cut on his way out about not being TNA's janitor anymore... unless they play this the way they did the Nash/Sting exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I think most people are hoping that Styles will return and TNA will give him a big push. The most popular theory right now seems to be having AJ Styles win the BFG Series and then challenge for the title at BFG. It's a notion that's made all the more concrete with the unusual stipulation of AJ Styles losing a triple threat match against James Storm and Christopher Daniels in which the loser is unable to challenge for the title until BFG.

I believe that Styles winning the BFG Series and becoming a top contender in TNA again is what most fans hope happens. There'll be a ton of disappointment if that's not the scenario TNA ultimately plans for Styles.

Has Styles gotten stale? To some degree, I think he has but it's had more to do with how he's booked rather than Styles himself. Styles is someone that's sort of drifted around in the mid-card picture for a long time in more of a work horse role than anything else. He was there and was still strong in the ring, but he's done little in the past couple of years that feels all that important. In my opinion, 2012 was a lousy year for Styles dominated by the abysmal Claire Lynch storyline and yet another feud with Daniels that I never found the least bit interesting.

I think people are just hoping to see Styles return more true to form as someone that's one of the top stars in the company rather than someone that doesn't seem to have anything fresh going for him.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM

Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...

AJ Styles really is a Phenomenal wrestler and I think it's a shame he hasn't been World Champion more and longer!

But if they are giving him time off now, that's fine. The position/storylines they put him in weren't very good for him. Let him rest, recover and when he comes back I gaurantee people will care.

When I think TNA I think AJ Styles.

When he comes back he can have a simple purpose: to be World Champion and for a LONG TIME! I'm sure the fans can get behind his reasoning. He can say he will work to win whatever matches he has to win to get his World Championship and he will fight whoever he has to fight to stay World Champion. Not in a heelish way but in a 'give it all you got' kind of way.

AJ Styles can put on great matches and if he had time off to rest and recover he can headline PPVs along other guys like Roode, Aries, Storm, Angle, etc.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
There is no AJ without Styles

das1234 is looking to come up from OCW...

i dont know, i thought they would use him to kickstart the x-division, but now that destination x is no longer, that seems bad...
you know, have him become x-champion and refusing to cash it in because he deems it the superior belt or something like that.
with him going in for himself i think it could be amazing, culminating with champ vs champ at bfg or something if he wins the bfg series and has the belt at the same time... dreams, i guess.
if they want to get one more big rum out of him it may soon be time. i mean who knows how long he can do his high-flying stuffs, hes not getting younger. i dont want to know the price he pays for all those moves he pulls off.
however, PLEASE dont have him align with A8, aligning him with these clowns would be so bad i cant believe it.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
xavyer

xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...xavyer is looking to come up from OCW...

After his last promo, i think he will become heel, most likely he will somehow join aces and eights, or he will comeback to team with someone like James Storm, and will turn on him.......
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 05:34 PM

Grizzly0u812 is looking to come up from OCW...

Some might agree and some might not, AJ Styles has been with TNA for 10 years, he has wrestled everyone on their roster on more then one occasion, either he needs to take an extended vacation to allow fans to miss him and be a fresh thing again or part ways with TNA so he can venture into other play grounds like WWE where he can have new fueds with new guys alongs as WWE actually allows AJ to show case his talents and not screw him over like they did with a TNA guy I think WWE had him as Kavol who was Laycools toy pretty much that never won a match, they made him look weak and stuff but he could of did well with the mid card guys.

If WWE took AJ teamed him with Flair as him mentor and let him fued with Ziggler and other guys they might be able to put on some pretty god matches.

Either that or team him with Aces and Eights, maybe interfer with Brooke/Bully wedding but other then that whats left for AJ to do, pretty much nothing.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

AJ Styles lost his smile. He simply needs to find it.

When AJ returns, he will be better than ever. Problem is, there are so many main event guys in TNA that can and will have great title runs over the next few years, like Storm, Roode, Aries, Bully Ray and of course Hardy. Its hard to fit AJ in because there is only one belt that will help him. That's the TNA World Championship. Until TNA an make room for AJ, then he may as well stay off TV. He can only fight Daniels so much.

I love AJ Styles, and its a hard idea to grasp, but he has kind of grew away from TNA, just as TNA grew a part from him.
sendpm.gif