WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 PM

lordzero is looking to come up from OCW...

I fully agree, this show was beyond anything I could struggle through. It sunk to depths of terrible in which I just sat back wondering what I was even watching, and why I continue to put it on each week.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

King of the Words is looking to come up from OCW...King of the Words is looking to come up from OCW...

The Christmas shows are never very good but I never expect them to be anymore. I kinda knew this week's Raw was just gonna be a filler . I don't expect anything big to happen on a Holiday themed show. It was just a bit of fun and a filler. I only watched parts of it but I`m sure when the new year begins the story lines will pick up again. I don`t really see a problem once in a while just having a filler show. I don`t think they even expect the same size audience for Holiday specials because there is so much else on tv, or others things to be doing. This was basically an attempt at a Raw totally for the kids, well except for Santa getting hit. It was what I expected and I didn`t really mind because I am in more of a Christmas mood then a wrestling mood today anyway. That`s my take on it. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 12:52 AM

Stormlor is looking to come up from OCW...Stormlor is looking to come up from OCW...

This episode of Raw was a joke.

I'm not saying they have to be 100% serious and go with storylines but creative just gave up. Wasting 8 minutes for Santa to get run over by ADR. Who the hell cares, and then make the entire night focus on just that.

I had some fun with the Cena match but this night should of just been taken off and have USA air episodes of NCIS or something.

The wrestlers didn't even care, they didn't sell moves nor did they even perform well. I would say probably the hardest workers tonight were Sheamus and the Big Show. Everybody else was just terrible, even worse than usual.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:31 AM

cult_of_icecream_bar is looking to come up from OCW...

Really?This is new to you?It's an universal truth that Holiday themed shows suck and they suck bad.Yes,the Santa run over was horrible but it was for only one night.Cut WWE some slack.This show would get bad ratings anyway.So why should they advance important storylines?They had fun,and except the santa accident,the show was fun.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Mr. All-in
WWE Diva's Champion

RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...

Here is what is bothering me with it and I will break it down point by point.
1. Is Alberto a face or a heel? Because it was like they were trying to make Alberto play a scrooge which he didn't want to be, but after seeing that I just don't know.
2.The Miracle of 31st St. Street fight? All I'm asking is did Vince Russo write this?I was sitting there having nightmarish flash back of the infamous Cole Miner match in WCW where the belt was hidden within one of four boxes, Booker T. should feel ashamed for not stepping up and calling the match rediculous to the WWE writers during the board meeting.
3.All night we had to hear is Santa going to make it in time for Christmas? Ok we got it he was ran over and this is PG, but for the love of god please don't shove the story down our throats because its Christmas. To me we were stuck with diatribe to suit the children of the world, who when they grow up in the year 2-3 years will not want to watch the product because of dribble like that.
I love the WWE I bled WWE during the Monday Night Wars, even when things were TV 14, and edgy but still slightly corny. I have sat through horrid things like Al Snow eating his dog pepper, Goldust dressing like a fetish transvestite, someone giving Marc Mero Tv time, and May Young popping out in places no one EVER wants to see, but quite honestly I thing it was so over the top they are going to have to superman save to not make the whole thing seem horrible, or scrap most storylines now, and hit the restart button because next week I don't think I can tune in.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:08 AM
HBK's Left Hand Man!
WWF Hardcore Champion

JBK2008 is looking to come up from OCW...JBK2008 is looking to come up from OCW...JBK2008 is looking to come up from OCW...JBK2008 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to JBK2008

Being a wrestling fan and watching since I was 5 way back in 92, even I know the Christmas episodes are usually corny, but this years was just awful. That said is was a Christmas episode and a few rivalries were plugged but that was about it. Okay with that because this was for the children, who are the future fans of this company and I won't stop watching over a holiday episode. Santa was a little overdone but I'm okay with the rest
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...Radical is looking to come up from OCW...

Honestly, the only thing I really had a problem with for the Christmas episode was the sing-along at the start.

Like, I can get behind a silly angle like Santa got run over by Del Rio. It led to a pretty entertaining Miracle on 34th Street Fight match. The name of the game is Entertainment and if you weren't entertained by that then watch UFC because clearly you want something much more brutal and serious 100% of the time than what WWE will offer you.

I think the rest of the show was fine but the sing-along at the start was a little hard to watch. It wasn't just PG it was G ... perhaps I (for Infant). I think it did make it kind of hard to take anyone seriously after they clearly showed they are all willing to put a smile on and sing and laugh together with no signs of rivalry.

I think the whole episode would have been fine if it weren't for the sing-along at the start.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Chad Stevens

Chad Stevens is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to Chad Stevens Send a message via Skype™ to Chad Stevens

ive been watching wwe for about 15 years. lastnight was the first time i turned off raw. the whole singing was a bad way to start. and after 45 mins of everything being based around santa getting ''run over'' i was like ya no and just played some nhl13
Old 12-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Life is for the living doncha know
Ring of Honor Champion

justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...justinsayne is being held back by Triple H...

If you're taking wrestling even remotely serious, then or either a fucking child or just flat out retarded. Last nights show was suppose to light & fun, & that's exactly what it was. Stop being a bunch of whiny bitches & get the fuck over it.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

You simpletons crack me up. Last night was EXACTLY what pro wrestling is all about. It is about entertaining fans (which it did), it is about being relevant in fans lives (which it was) and it is about good overcoming evil (which it did).

Those of you complaining about last night's Raw clearly don't understand professional wrestling. If you're threatening to quit watching because of last night, I ask that you carry through on your threat, and raise the IQ level of pro wrestling fans everywhere. Despite what all you testosterone laden fools think, pro wrestling isn't supposed to be "edgy". Pro wrestling is supposed to be entertaining, and whether it's an edgy or a campy style of entertainment, as long as it is entertaining, it has done its job.

And for fuck's sake, it was a Christmas episode. Christmas is for children, not pimply faced teenagers with a rage against the world. Grow up.
sendpm.gif