WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default WWE TLC 2012: Ryback & Team Hell No VS The Shield - Six Man [TLC Match]

According to WWE.com, Punk vs. Ryback is off due to CM Punk's injured knee. Vince McMahon published a statement on the site announcing a new main event in which Ryback will team with Daniel Bryan & Kane to take on The Shield. According to Vince's statement, this match is going to be held under the Tables, Ladders & Chairs stipulation and can only be won via pinfall or submission. Vince also says that Ryback will get a WWE Championship opportunity against Punk in the very near future. I don't know if this is an indicator that Punk's recovery time is going to be quick or if it was just said to address the Punk/Ryback feud until a recovery time for Punk is announced.

This is an unusual match in and of itself but has the potential for some glorious chaos. It's been many years, I think, since we've seen the TLC concept applied to anything outside of a one on one match. Without anything hanging on top of the ladder to pull down, the match is basically a glorified street fight. Nothing wrong with that though as, in some ways, I like the idea of this better than Punk vs. Ryback. I think Punk vs. Ryback would've been a lot of fun but, at the same time, there's always the possibility that this match would ultimately be like their match at HIAC in which Ryback tosses Punk around for about 12 minutes.

This will be The Shield's first match as part of the main roster and since this match is replacing the title match, I think that they'll probably get some promo time this coming Monday on Raw. I think this will go down one of two ways. I could seeThe Shield walking out with a win. It'll be easy enough & believable enough for either Bryan or Kane to be left in a one on one situation in which they're pinned while Ryback & the other member of Team Hell No is busy with the other two Shield guys. It'll give them their first win all while protecting Ryback. It's possible that The Shield will lose due to interference from Randy Orton. From what I know so far, Orton isn't booked at TLC right now and it's hard to believe that Orton won't make an appearance. He could always help Ryback & THN score the win by coming in and delivering an RKO on somebody.

Personally, I think ending #2 is counterproductive. Having The Shield lose their very first match is going to hurt them. I don't see any way around it. They're brand spanking new to the roster and need a win to help establish themselves. Otherwise, they'll look like a trio of scrubs that can't hang in a real match.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Intriguing match. If WWE are serious about Ryback they shouldn't have him lose on three PPV's in a row. However, they've only just introduced The Shield so why would you have them lose in their first match?

I think the gimmick is weighted heavily in favour of The Shield with Team Hell No's pickering resulting in them losing. Only problem is, Ryback loses again and then he'll demolish The Shield after. Making the whole thing worthless.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
WWE Women's Champion

Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...Fire Marshall Bill scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Personally, I think ending #2 is counterproductive. Having The Shield lose their very first match is going to hurt them. I don't see any way around it. They're brand spanking new to the roster and need a win to help establish themselves. Otherwise, they'll look like a trio of scrubs that can't hang in a real match.
I know wrestling logic rarely makes any sense, but arguments like these have never made any sense to me. They're freakin rookies! Why is it so imperative that they win their first match, against main eventers, when the only way they know how to make an impact is jumping people 3 on 1? It's like the argument that Cena buried Nexus at SS '10. He pinned 2 rookies. They're not supposed to be that good.

People were so concerned about how bad Ryback would look losing to Punk and losing his 3rd straight PPV match. How would losing to 3 rookies look? Duh. Ryback loses and I think it does more damage than the other way around. Ryback still has something going for him. If they continue to book him losing every damn match to "protect" everyone else, when do people stop caring?

Sadly, all that said, you're still probably right. The Shield likely wins. I hope not though. I say if Shield wins, Bryan gets pinned.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I hope WWE learned their lesson when they had Nexus lose their first big match at SummerSlam. If you want Shield to be a big deal and continue to be involved in major stories than they have to win this match. It doesn't have to be clean, but you can't have them look weak at the same time.

I'm not sure if its in WWE's plans, but the best finish for this match would be to introduce a new member or maybe two to the group that help them get the win. It protects the faces, but still makes Shield look strong as they could easily win the match with the help of 1 or 2 more guys. The danger here is adding the right guys. It has to make sense for these guys to be in the group. That would lead me to believe it would have to be developmental guys because if they use main roster guys they would ultimately be revealed as the leader of the group and all members of this group need to be on par with one another.

All American Boys
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 AM

Boourns is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the Shield wins with a lot of help. I would guess they have Heyman at ringside and maybe Punk on commentary, who both distract the opposing team and maybe new members of the Shield also interfere or a top heel is revealed as the leader. I would personally have, Heyman and Punk distract Ryback just when he goes for a triple pin (Assuming he's in a last man standing situation, with everyone else down and out) and then I'd have a bunch of guys like Corey Graves, Brad Maddox and someone like Bo Dallas run in and attack Ryback whilst Roman Reigns gets the pin on Daniel Bryan. I think it's important that if any of the Shield wins it's Reigns because he's essentially just brawn and he can do with a win more than the other two, who can just talk themselves to the top.

However, Ryback winning would be ok, if he is made to at least look like he's going to lose first. They could do a huge spot where the Shield powerbomb him off a ladder through a table and he still kicks out or something like that if they want to. The TLC format should create a lot of opportunities to make this an interesting match.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
WCW TV Champion

George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...

Six man tags don't mean anything. Throw in tables, ladders, and chairs stipulation and it means even less. Shield doesn't have to beat anyone. It's not like all three will be hitting the main event scene for a long time. The real story here isn't The Shield. It's not about who they are, what they are about, or what they are going to do next. The real story is whether or not they were working for Punk and Heyman. Once that is answered I expect them to fall down the card and attempt to work themselves back up. Win or lose at TLC is insignificant.

This is a throw away match strictly booked on the fly for entertainment purposes. Hopefully these guys can work out some cool spots and tell a nice brutal story that incorporates the stipulations to their fullest.

In the end, gun to my head I say Reigns pins Bryan leading to a Hell No/Shield program where Shield takes the belts and invokes the Freebird Rule (or is it the Demolition Rule).
GSB Proclamation #8675309 - If I haven't pissed you off with one of my comments in the past then you probably are not worth it. Vote GSB!

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 12-05-2012 at 09:49 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Thread Killer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...

Not sure i'm entirely sold on this one. Fortunately, I never intended on spending money here either way. First we lose our WWE title match, and the solution is to take out the tag champions too? Ortan/Miz/Ryback would have been bigger names, but maybe worse booking.

Is this a tornado tag? All guys in at once? Elimination maybe? Thats how I would have tried it. Have the sheild take out kane maybe, and fast. Pack mentality. Makes them look cool, Kane doesnt need it. Bryan can take one of the smaller guys, no problem. Two on one for Ryback, he can toss ambrose around a bit. Let the two big guys face off with Ryback coming out on top.

Chances are though it wont be that kind of match. Like GSB said, this is going to have to rely purely on me thinking somebody's gna die. Hardys/E+C/Dudleys could pull of some sweet TLC, i'm sure these guys can too.

Looking forward to how this all gets incoporated into storyline too. The shield are interesting and I hope they dont burn out too soon. Since this is on WWE.com, I assume this injury via Ryback is the way theyre gna keep it? Let him play it up either way. Crutches, wheelchair... I'm easy.

Ryback wins the WWE Titl... Wait. Nevermind.

Last edited by Danger Burger : 12-05-2012 at 10:24 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Eat, Sleep, Poop, Repeat
Ring of Honor Champion

justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...

I fine with this, on paper anyway. Ryback & Hell No should win, Ryback was made famous by squashing 2 rookies at a time, sticking him a ring with the tag champs (both being former world champs as well) & having them lose would just look stupid, & make Ryback look like a fucking joke. The Shield don't need the win here, as long as they are allowed to put forth a solid match & don't get squashed like bugs I think they'll be fine.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 AM

paulopunk is looking to come up from OCW...

Im guessing that they had planned this match all along, only with Orton in place of Ryback. They need to draw a line under the Ryback vs Punk feud now. Its pretty much set in stone now that its Punk vs Rock at Royal Rumble. Ryback needs to move away from this and move onto something else. I get the impression that Ryback will probably get his match, only on Raw and they can probably get away with the Shield costing him again with it not being on ppv.

They need to have The Shield win, however they also need to keep Ryback looking strong. Perhaps Maddox could somehow become involved, although I think they have already ballsed him up a but by having him squashed twice already. I don't feel he could be a credible member of the Shield. More than likely they'll have Bryan pinned.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
WZCW's Living Legend
ECW TV Champion

Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep The Leg View Post
I know wrestling logic rarely makes any sense, but arguments like these have never made any sense to me. They're freakin rookies! Why is it so imperative that they win their first match, against main eventers, when the only way they know how to make an impact is jumping people 3 on 1? It's like the argument that Cena buried Nexus at SS '10. He pinned 2 rookies. They're not supposed to be that good.
But they are, though. Their goal is to rid WWE of injustice. If they lose, how are we supposed to take their initiative seriously? Nash and Hall were established stars and upon entrance were immediately over...so it's not a great comparison. But what if Sting/Savage/and Luger would have won the Hostile Takeover match? nWo would not have mattered. If they had still formed and beat them the next time...well, nWo would still not have carried the weight that it did.

One of the reasons that nWo was so effective was in that they won a lot while at the same time registering with the fans as a legitimate force in WCW. Their momentum was so big that it seemed nearly impossible that the heroes would win. And then when they did...it was AWESOME. Remember when Luger finally beat Hogan for the title? I'm sure you also remember how heartbreaking it was when Hogan won it back shortly after. They oppress the audience, the audience sees liberation momentarily, and then the oppressors renew their reign. It's brilliant storytelling.

WWE has a chance here with the Shield. No one knows anything about them. It's highly doubtful that most of the general audience watches NXT. The reason it's hard to boo Punk is because we know what he once was...and so many of us want him to come back. Punk is cool. But we know nothing about these guys...so they are just heels to us. This heel force that WWE has been wanting for years actually has a chance to thrive...just as long as WWE is patient and doesn't let the babyface come out on top too soon. And then, of course, stay on top for too long.

It's new...it's fresh...and in order for it to be big...they need to win. Ryback doesn't need to win. Daniel Bryan and Kane certainly don't need to win. Ryback can win later and overcome the odds...just like Luger did. And people will love it. But people will love it more if they hate The Shield.