WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-09-2013, 02:07 AM
I am the cooler
Knockout Champion

Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...Mack_Swagger worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Exclamation When women got their asses kicked in wrestling

NOTE: MEN, NEVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR GIRLFRIEND, WIFE, BABYMAMA, OR ANY OTHER FEMALE. PHYSICALLY ABUSING WOMEN ISN'T COOL BY ANY MEANS.

Over the years in wrestling, wrestler's wrestled their own gender. Men vs the men and the women vs the women. But in the mid-90's all that changed. In the original ECW Tommy Dreamer piledrived who would become the future ms. Tommy Dreamer and the mother of his children, Beulah McGillicutty. That was the first time in wrestling history that a male wrestler got physical with a lady wrestler. Funny how it all worked out :-)

Now later on going into the WWF attitude era. Vince McMahon wanted some of that "extreme" for himself. WWF: No Way Out of Texas pay per-view. After the main event in where Stone Cold Steve Austin put Chyna in the Stone Cold Stunner. That wasn't the last that we would see something of that nature in wrestling. Remember when the heel Godfather aka "the Goodfather" threw one of his ex-hoes (Victoria/Tara) through a table? The Dudley Boys did the same thing to various women in the attitude era including Mae Young from the top of the stage area.

And in early 2001 when a heel Stone Cold Steve Austin beat Lita with a steel chair in the middle of the ring. Is that line of stuff meant for pro wrestling? Like say when the Rock put Stephanie McMahon in a Rock Bottom at Wrestlemania 16 he got cheered for it. But when Christian grabbed Trish Stratus by her hair and started punching her in her face the RAW before Wrestlemania 20 he got boo'ed. So when is it okay and when is it NOT okay to beat a woman in wrestling?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Dot com.

Father Uncle Oscar is looking to come up from OCW...Father Uncle Oscar is looking to come up from OCW...Father Uncle Oscar is looking to come up from OCW...Father Uncle Oscar is looking to come up from OCW...

I guess I can answer this two different ways.

As a wrestling fan, it's pretty simple: Face male + Heel female = Cheers. Heel male + Any female = Boos. Deep down, we know the storyline is all fake and that the male would never do anything of the sort to the lady when the cameras weren't rolling, so we choose to play along and give the reaction that is desired from us.

As a person, it's pretty simple: Not anymore. And this next rant is strictly from my personal point of view. I'm uncomfortable with it. That's not the kind of stuff I want to see because I feel like it promotes abuse. Especially thinking about how we're currently in WWE's "PG Era." If it happened today, you know you'd be hearing about it on the news and listening to one soundclip from a Vince McMahon interview about it literally everywhere. That's just the country we live in right now. I don't mean to go all political, but mainstream media is hellbent on being politically correct nowadays. Even if they know the storyline is fake, they'll still let their cries of abuse be heard until they bring WWE to court or something. I understand some people might see this differently because they picture the WWE roster as superhuman athletes who follow a loosely-written script, but if any Superstar puts his hands on a Diva on Raw tomorrow, I just might change the channel.
Fave 5
5. Daniel Bryan
4. Breaking Bad
3. Hating Batista
2. New England sports
1. Roman Reigns
Old 12-09-2013, 03:32 AM

jessejanzures is looking to come up from OCW...

John cena gave lita a attitude adjustment a couple years back. I thought that was kinda cool. Id like to see stuff like that a lil more often. Like when bella came outt after orton attacked bryan. How awesome and heelish would it have been if he rko'd her? Alot of heat and more build for match. Im not saying to sit there and smack the crap outa her as bryan is down watching. But a rko or a quick move to a diva wouldnt hurt. I know it wont happen though cus its family friendly
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 AM
ROH Pure Champion

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

In wrestling, it is always acceptable if it furthers a storyline. The best example is before No Way Out in 2001 a face Steve Austin giving the Stunner to Stephanie to antagonise HHH after they had a no-contact rule in place (the match itself is an absolute classic but that is off-topic) Austin could not hit Triple H so he did something that would be just as painful and evil: give the stunner to his wife.

Obviously, it is never ok to hit a women but I suppose, in wrestling, that changes. At the time Chyna was wrestling men and people probably didn't care because 1) It was Steve Austin and 2) Stephanie was a heel at the time.

The other scenario is when a heel wrester uses it to gain heat. Again, a great example is Randy Orton giving a DDT to Stephanie (Stephanie has really been through the wars) We now hate Randy Orton even more because he just hurt a non-wrestling women. The heels are meant to be hated and it is tactic of doing so.

In the past, there are many examples where physicality against a women is seemingly justifiable. I'm sure there are many people who would say that, even in fake wrestling, it should never be allowed. Then again it is just that, fake.

I will say that in the current era, I highly doubt we will see anything like this again. The WWE have great responsibilities and have a young, impressionable audience. It wouldn't be right to have Randy Orton giving a women an RKO because, I'm guessing, there would be outrage. I was actually thinking if this was a possibility. Orton giving one of the Bella's an RKO but I feel that the WWE would receive a backlash.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:46 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...

First of all, I'd like to all the Don Quixotes on this thread that are believing that chivalry still exists, those times are over. Women have been liberated and don't need protection anymore from fists of anger.

That being said, it's wrong to hit ANYONE, whether it be woman or man. Equally wrong.

But on to the topic here.

If I recall, Beulah wasn't the first I remember getting cracked by a man. I remember Sheri getting cracked pretty good. It started when Janetty came back and was going to crack HBK in the head with that big mirror. Shawn moved Sheri in the way (to block the mirror) and Janetty busts it over Sheri's face (accidently). That led to the pay off match between the two of them for the IC belt and Sheri ended up making a face turn.

As I said before, it's no more wrong to hit a woman that it would be a man, but in wrestling, the violence is fake anyways. So why shouldn't a woman get hit? It's all fake anyways. Every act of violence in the show should exist to help aid the overall segment or match. So basically, if hitting a broad will get the heel some heat from the crowd, then why shouldn't they? If it can get the face a pop, why not?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Has the dubious honor of being
Ring of Honor Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
As I said before, it's no more wrong to hit a woman that it would be a man, but in wrestling, the violence is fake anyways. So why shouldn't a woman get hit?
One of the main reasons pro wrestling has been so successful over the decades is that fans always seem to tread the line of what's real and what's fake. We know the actions are pre-scripted, so why worry about what we're seeing in terms of how society might regard it? Yet, it all winds up being discussed and dissected in mainstream circles, anyway.

We knew Vince McMahon wasn't really abusing Trish Stratus in their ongoing program several years ago, yet we found ourselves watching him being interviewed by Bob Costas, having to answer for his mistreatment of women.

We knew Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo weren't really gay and getting married, yet there was the "Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation" weighing in, first declaring they liked the angle, then denouncing it.

We know the stuff we're seeing isn't real, yet we skirt the line in talking about it as if it was, only to come back the next night and criticize anyone who thought we were serious.

So yes, if the storyline calls for a woman to get hit on our WWE TV screens, let her go ahead and get hit. Presumably, the guy is pulling the punch.....and at any rate, the gal should know how to take the blow.

Linda McMahon gets tombstoned on national TV......and, somehow, the sun still rises the next day.

Will wonders never cease?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM

jessejanzures is looking to come up from OCW...

True. But you cant say it wouldnt be awesome. Like orton rko to moolah. That was a great heel move that i look back on and say i wish that happened again. Like i said moves like that would be good cus in real life nobody is gonna do an rko or stunner or gts. But punching and kicking a diva on the ground would draw outrage cus it looks more real and is actually what happens in real life
Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
One of the main reasons pro wrestling has been so successful over the decades is that fans always seem to tread the line of what's real and what's fake. We know the actions are pre-scripted, so why worry about what we're seeing in terms of how society might regard it? Yet, it all winds up being discussed and dissected in mainstream circles, anyway.

We knew Vince McMahon wasn't really abusing Trish Stratus in their ongoing program several years ago, yet we found ourselves watching him being interviewed by Bob Costas, having to answer for his mistreatment of women.

We knew Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo weren't really gay and getting married, yet there was the "Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation" weighing in, first declaring they liked the angle, then denouncing it.

We know the stuff we're seeing isn't real, yet we skirt the line in talking about it as if it was, only to come back the next night and criticize anyone who thought we were serious.

So yes, if the storyline calls for a woman to get hit on our WWE TV screens, let her go ahead and get hit. Presumably, the guy is pulling the punch.....and at any rate, the gal should know how to take the blow.

Linda McMahon gets tombstoned on national TV......and, somehow, the sun still rises the next day.

Will wonders never cease?
Well storyline-wise, Billy and Chuck weren't gay. They even told Rico that....

My point is who cares if a woman gets cracked in wrestling? It can actually be used to generate heat for the heel who hits her. That guy would then have to get his a$s kicked by the face(unless she was a heel and then justice is served).

WWE can use it as an opportunity to show how liberal they are and how their women are tough enough to take bumps from the big boys.

But since they haven't for a long time now had a guy hit a woman, I think they shouldn't abuse this storyline tool. It should shock the fans that they did it and so it shouldn't be an everyday thing.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Swagger View Post
In the original ECW Tommy Dreamer piledrived who would become the future ms. Tommy Dreamer and the mother of his children, Beulah McGillicutty. That was the first time in wrestling history that a male wrestler got physical with a lady wrestler. Funny how it all worked out :-)
Hulk Hogan gave Sensational Sherri an atomic drop at Summerslam '89. As far as men wrestling with women it's always been my opinion that the female division should be made up of amazons that could fight men. If I want to see dainty girls I have the internet.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
But in the mid-90's all that changed. In the original ECW Tommy Dreamer piledrived who would become the future ms. Tommy Dreamer and the mother of his children, Beulah McGillicutty. That was the first time in wrestling history that a male wrestler got physical with a lady wrestler. Funny how it all worked out :-)
How genius was that of Paul Heyman?!? Dreamer was viewed as a good-two-shoes by the Hardcore ECW fans so it was almost impossible to get over as a babyface! He couldn't just piledrive Raven or Stevie Richards!? That's too simplistic. He HAD to piledrive Beulah and that got him hardcore cred with the ECW fans AND got him OVER as a face!

Last edited by Makaveli31 : 12-09-2013 at 02:29 PM.