WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 PM
lowandmightyer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...lowandmighty is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Has Hogan ever had to face a genuine shoot from an opponent?

I don't mean a shoot interview, I mean during a match has anyone refused to cooperate with Hogan and turned it into a contest for personal pride?

Just like the infamous match between Koji Kitao and Earthquake.

I'd like to know if anyone has heard of such a thing involving Hogan so I can see how he would react and what his go to tactic actually is.

If nobody knows, feel free to share what you think would happen depending on who the opponent is.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Sausage Farmers

lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...lil bitch Kid is looking to come up from OCW...

After Mania 3, no one would have dared. Hogan went into the original Andre match at 3 not knowing if Andre was going to go along with the slam and even the end. After that, Hulk knew that Vince had his back.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm laughing at you right now.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...Headman is looking to come up from OCW...

Working with Hogan was the biggest pay day a lot of these guys ever saw. I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would ever shoot on him. With that said Hiro Matsuda supposively intentionally broke his leg during training.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Krissssssss Benwa...Benwa

Kris Benwa is looking to come up from OCW...Kris Benwa is looking to come up from OCW...Kris Benwa is looking to come up from OCW...

Can we count HBK flopping all around and doing the shovel burying motion while he was coming down to the ring. Other than that I can't think of an occasion besides the ones mentioned And HBK still did the job anyway
Old 12-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Mr. All-in
WWE Diva's Champion

RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...RicSpade is looking to come up from OCW...

I think and don't quote me on this, but Paul Orndorff and Hulk Hogan hated each other and it was evident by Orndorff in interviews and I think even on one of Hogans DVDS, so I wouldn't be surprised if just once he went rogue on Hogan, now if were talking Hogan before he was a star Hogan also stated when he wanted to learn wrestling, the first week they purposely broke a body part just to see if he'd come back and if he did they'd train him, so putting those into retrospective it makes it at least once
Old 12-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Lovable Curmudgeon
Knockout Champion

berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Benwa View Post
Can we count HBK flopping all around and doing the shovel burying motion while he was coming down to the ring. Other than that I can't think of an occasion besides the ones mentioned And HBK still did the job anyway
I actually think this is one of the biggest wrestling myths of the last 10 years. Michaels did not bury Hogan in that match (the buildup to it is another matter). Sure, he oversold the hell out of anything that happened in it, but considering that in Hogan matches (especially in his post 1990-career) realism is the very last thing anyone ever expects to see, it didn't hurt the Hulkster that he apparently beat up someone out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Hulk Hogan has been a ridiculous character and (especially) wrestler for ages. If you sell his offense in any other way, all you'll achieve is putting the audience to sleep. Compare that match to Hogan vs Orton a year or two later. Orton did not oversell. Damn, that match was TERRIBLE.

As a matter of fact I would go as far as to say it was one of Hulk Hogan's best matches ever, no thanks to the aging, immobile Hulkster. If Michaels' intent was indeed to bury Hulk, it backfired.

Last edited by berlinbrawler : 12-07-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Has the dubious honor of being
ECW Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2eh 2.0 View Post
After Mania 3, no one would have dared. Hogan went into the original Andre match at 3 not knowing if Andre was going to go along with the slam and even the end.
Come to think of it, can you imagine either of these guys in a shoot fight? I can't.

They were both so ponderous and immobile that smaller, quicker people would destroy either one of them in a real fight. Hulk Hogan was a cartoon character; a fine showman, but a man who couldn't hit his target unless the guy was (illogically) standing right in front of him......which is what pro wrestling is all about, no? Real fighting doesn't work that way.

Come to think of it, Andre was exactly the same.

So, no......I don't think Hulk Hogan was ever in a genuine shoot. First of all, he'd be embarrassed in that type of encounter. Second, as has been mentioned already in this topic, a wrestler who dared to perform in that manner against Hogan would be standing on the unemployment line the next morning.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 AM
The Evenflow Effect

CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...CrucifiedRaven is looking to come up from OCW...

Closest would probably be Jarrett laying down for Hogan in WCW and Hogan's reaction basically being "really? This is why this company is failing" and he pinned him and left. Russo then had a shoot on him afterwards.
Closest I can think of other than the Michaels match.

Though I'm sure the Iron Sheik probably did at some point or at least wanted to.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:45 AM

Louis is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowandmighty View Post
I don't mean a shoot interview, I mean during a match has anyone refused to cooperate with Hogan and turned it into a contest for personal pride?

Just like the infamous match between Koji Kitao and Earthquake.

I'd like to know if anyone has heard of such a thing involving Hogan so I can see how he would react and what his go to tactic actually is.

If nobody knows, feel free to share what you think would happen depending on who the opponent is.
I think Big Van Vader in WCW "potato" Hogan in one of their matches on a WCW ppv. I remember reading that since Vader went into business and decided to stiff Hogan with punches that were legit, he got in trouble with management.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:00 PM
A Fan Of Wrestling Not Backstage BS
Knockout Champion

TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...TheHitMark-SirJoseOle worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Supposedly, some of his matches as a younger performer in Japan, there were individuals that were a point of concern, one rumor I remember hearing about was in regards to Tatsumi Fujinami. I mean, who really knows, wrestling is a circus act and these promoters and performers mindfuck you at any chance they have.

I have to say though, that anyone who was trained by someone like Hiro Matsuda has to have a tough streak in them, so while I'd never consider Hogan a "shooter", I think to make it in a business like the pro wrestling world for as long as he has, there should be a bit more credit thrown his way than just him being a mere showman.

Regardless, by the time Hogan became THE attraction in wrestling, only a foolhardy individual with no desire to earn money would have tried anything cute, in my opinion.