WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-24-2012, 06:49 PM
POST OUTTA NOWHERE!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Report:The Miz Expected to Elevate Back to Main Event Status in WWE

A rumour has started about Miz's carreer going forward in the next few months. Reported by WrestleNewz:

Quote:
Future plans involving The Miz call for him to have a place back at a main event level in WWE.

Miz dropping the Intercontinental title to Kofi Kingston was to help solidify Kingston as a top mid-card star and free up The Miz to work in more important feuds. WWE plan to have Miz face other top talent and get back on track as one of the company’s top talents for the future.

In the WWE’s eyes, Miz has done all the right things and they are very pleased with his consistent improvement on the mic and inside the ring. Miz also gets praised for being very good and willing to do the intense media schedule to promote the company.

Sources also mentioned that The Miz was chosen to be on the cover of the Survivor Series poster as an indication for bigger and better things for him.
In my opinion, this is good news for WWE - I for once think that Miz is one of the most talented guys overall, some may say the total package. He is good looking, good on the microphone and he got a lot better in the ring from the past year or so. He had a good Intercontinental Championship reign, that in my mind elevated the title. I just find that appropriated, he is a former WrestleMania Main Eventer, he's easily the 4th, 5th biggest star in the company, so why not have him more prominently in the main event scene? He's still somehow young with 32 years old and a lot of achievements in six years.

I for once think that Miz can be turned now into a face to gain some consistency and stay different a bit. I don't think he can fit the mold very well as a babyface, but he does need to go to that route at least for sometime to make people rest a bit his six years run as a cocky, coward, a-list heel. By turning into face he will be able to feud with new people like Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Alberto Del Rio or who knows a Dolph Ziggler.

So what did you thought about Miz's first main event run?
Do you think he deserves to be on top?
Discuss.

~~ ICHI-BAN-SUGEE-NO-WA PURORESU NAN-DA-YO! ~~

Last edited by Silverback : 10-24-2012 at 06:54 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

I don't think he elevated the title one bit but that's another discussion.

Being on the Survivor Series poster doesn't mean jack shit to me. Kozlov was on a PPV poster and how that turn out for him? If he is going on to bigger and better things, it sure as hell isn't going to be on Raw for the forseeable future. He can fight Sheamus and whatever face they have on Smackdown.

Article also says that Miz dropped the title so that Kofi could be solidified as a top midcard star. Well, the Miz really didn't do that much for the belt so I don't know how solidified Kofi really is. Plus, the midcard is weak so Kofi is basically going to be the best of a bad bunch. The only top talent I see Miz beating is Orton so they better get on it quick if Orton wants to be heel again.

I did forget about Daniel Bryan and Kane. Wonder which one of those two is going to lose to Miz once the inevitable Hell No break up happens?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 PM
POST OUTTA NOWHERE!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...Silverback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
I don't think he elevated the title one bit but that's another discussion.

Being on the Survivor Series poster doesn't mean jack shit to me. Kozlov was on a PPV poster and how that turn out for him? If he is going on to bigger and better things, it sure as hell isn't going to be on Raw for the forseeable future. He can fight Sheamus and whatever face they have on Smackdown.

Article also says that Miz dropped the title so that Kofi could be solidified as a top midcard star. Well, the Miz really didn't do that much for the belt so I don't know how solidified Kofi really is. Plus, the midcard is weak so Kofi is basically going to be the best of a bad bunch. The only top talent I see Miz beating is Orton so they better get on it quick if Orton wants to be heel again.

I did forget about Daniel Bryan and Kane. Wonder which one of those two is going to lose to Miz once the inevitable Hell No break up happens?
I'm sorry I'll have to quote that because I want to say the reasons I think The Miz's reign elevated the title. First off the change happened at Raw 1000, and if you watched that you know how main stream attention it got and the number of viewers it had. Then he followed to have some pretty above average matches with the likes of Christian, Rey Mysterio and even Sheamus. He debuted his talk-shot called MizTV, and it gave him some pretty decent time to run his mouth and to his thing in the microphone.

The title had a somehow good reign from Cody Rhodes, until Big Show wins it, only to lose it back again to Cody, and for Christian to take it away sometime after in a random way at a random PPV. In my mind, that period of time like two months and a half saw three changes and quick reigns. The Miz is a former WWE Champion, he is a popular character weather you like it or not, and in my mind above the IC Title. Which means that the IC Title didn't made Miz, but quite the contrary. Miz used to brag about how prestigious the title was, he defended it successfully for three months and it ended abruptly because WWE needed to make a C-Show gain some momentum. He didn't fail in his job, so I do feel he had a good run. He was on every pay-per-view defending it.

Now WWE can use him the way they want, I can see him getting mixed up in this all situation with Sheamus/Ziggler/Big Show. But he can also go after Randy Orton. I do feel that his heel persona needs to change, but who knows? If John Cena stays out of the title picture until the Royal Rumble, I would be down for some Cena vs Miz thing with Flair and AJ on the mix.

~~ ICHI-BAN-SUGEE-NO-WA PURORESU NAN-DA-YO! ~~
sendpm.gif
Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 PM
WOO!
WCW TV Champion

The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...

I have no issue with bringing Miz back into the main event. When he was the WWE Champion, I bought him as a top level heel -- he's good on the mic, good in the ring, and has proven to be consistent. I would have enjoyed a longer run with the Intercontinental Championship, but he was a decent choice to put Kofi over. Miz may not have much momentum now, but he's a former WWE Champion and a large portion of the crowd still associates him with the top level guys. A few solid wins for Miz and he should be well on his way back to the top of the card.

I figure this indicates a move to Smackdown for Miz, though. Like LJL pointed out, he certainly isn't going to be a top guy on Raw (the top of the card is set for the foreseeable future), but he'd be a great fit over on Smackdown. The main event scene in Smackdown is getting a bit stale anyway, so Miz could breathe so life into it.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Future Endeavored

backwardsrko is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I loved it when the Miz was champ! Especially how he always had Riley by his side. They were cool , obnoxious, heelacious and knew how to draw alot of heat!

I know the majority of you guys on here are all against the push for the Miz. ?

You guys are disgruntled wrestling fans.

Look point being.. The Miz is AWEEESOME!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:21 PM

Phil is looking to come up from OCW...

I am quite chuffed to read about about this. Personally it took me 5 years to warm to his character/persona, but after a while I honestly believe that he deserves to be pushed into the main event scene once again. I did feel he wasn't ready around Mania 27 time to of had received the push that he got, but now I would be more than happy to see him going over top talent. He brings something very different to the table, yes he's a fantastic talker and seems to be a very intelligent bloke. In ring he's not the worst by any means and will improve because he's only 32 years old.
I think if he had a face turn it wouldn't harm his status at all and probably would be quite entertaining to watch him build feuds with some of the more stale heels on the roster. My only concern is having him at the main event level as a heel, to me the believability factor is difficult to pull off. He's too clean cut and hardly intimidating, so I think giving him a push as a face would do him good. With the sharp mic skills that he has, he could easily win over the fans as funny/witty face.
The 'main event picture' is very short on great full-time stars at the moment, I say give him the push and make him the same level as a Sheamus or Orton. I can see it happening, if not this year then defiantly the next. He's paid his dues and rarely succumbs to injury. Why not I would be happy to see this happen.

Last edited by Phil : 10-24-2012 at 09:23 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM

radec is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Miz for me was a good champion, the only thing that killed his 200+ tittle reign was that almsot every tittle defense that he retained his tittle was becuase he cheated or got DQ'ed. That not how you do it and it only hurts the miz. The WWE tittle was being treated like the IC tittle.

Miz is in line for a push. Yeah right... he got completly destroyed by Ryback on RAW. How those that help? Im a huge miz fan And I hope he gets the tittle again but hes being handled terribly. Lets all hope that this isnt part of the push becuase it sucks.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Part Time Model, Full Time Legend

The_Vigilante is looking to come up from OCW...

Giving The Miz another push can only be a good thing for WWE, he's hard working and fantastic on the mic. Although he is a fantastic heel, and the heat he was getting as WWE Champ was unreal, I think his current character could also work very well as a face. At this point I can only assume that he'd enter the World Heavyweight picture as opposed to the WWE Championship, however Miz can be used in a non-championship based feud and with that in mind there are a lot of options of how the WWE can utilise him.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-24-2012, 11:26 PM

FarFromFine is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it would be nice to have Miz get a push but I hope they don't turn him face to do it. I really wish they would turn him into a "smart" bad guy that is able to manipulate people and take them off their game by messing with their head. But use this to actually win cleanly instead of by dq or other flawed finishes. Like if he wrestled Sheamus in a tables match and played possum leaned up against a table in the corner and he wins when Sheamus goes for the Brogue and Miz moves causing Sheamus to kick through the table for a Miz win. Or even more simple if he attacks someone in the back and "injures" them then manipulates them into giving him a match later in the night and he focuses on the injured parts and gets a clean win. It won't make them look weak because they weren't 100% but it would make Miz look strong and smart. Not enough smart characters, and not Sandow kind of smart where it's his gimmick, but old Eddie Guerrero type of smart where he does something underhanded then winks at the crowd or the camera.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

I absolutely loved The Miz as a top heel. He was believable as a jackass reality star - the type that even kids think they could beat up. Getting kids riled up is a big deal and Miz did it very well. I would keep Miz as a heel for 2-3 years until the ones in developmental start to get established, then turn Miz face to get over the developmental kids.

Lets not forget that Miz was ranked #1 on PWI's 500 last year - above Orton, Cena, Kane and CM Punk. He's a character that can definitely draw money if pushed properly, which, surprisingly enough, Creative did last year. My only question, who does he feud with to cement his main event status? Can't be Cena again.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif