WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Interactive > The Writing Gallery > The Writing Gallery Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Knockout Champion

Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Book This! - General Discussion

Yes, yes and finally. The Book This section has become alive and living once again (well if it ever was). There are at least 5 consistently running Book This threads and hopefully more people will be contributing soon enough.

I urge everyone to at least read all the Book This threads, and your favourite one especially (Mine that is ... obviously). Then if you could be bothered furthering that, review them. All of the Book This write pretty good quality things, and seeing as how they put their time into it, it's worth a good look.

So now that people are being consistent with Book This I have decided to create a general discussion thread so everyone can come and discuss their favourite Book This threads. You can also discuss what you would like to see in someone Book This, or what kind of Book This you would like to see. Or you can discuss ... well anything really.

Just pop into this thread, take a quick review at all the Book This threads you enjoy or just comment on something and be on your way. No Spam obviously. Well everyone, enjoy the new Book This as it is reborn.

My first comment is going to be a very general one. To all my fellow writers I would just like to say good job, keep it up and ... mine's better.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:44 AM
I've wrestled alot of countries
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes Book This! is finally back and on a roll.I think that me and you,Danmen really got it going again.My refreshing read() and your never give up attuide got this section going again.But it still have SOME work...I mean a whole section only has 5 active threads!

My favourite apart from mine has to be N.E.W.His first show was pretty damn good and he has a clever backstory that brought me into it.Good roster aswell.

I think that if we started a few threads like this one maybe we could get a bigger number of Book This!-ers.Maybe we should start up a "Who should I use/sign" Thread?Maybe a basic help thread?Just throwing it out there....
Old 08-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Knockout Champion

Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Danmen001 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Yeah, we were most likely the ones who got it popular. But my shows aren't up as consistently as I'd like, so it is very useful to have others to fill in the void so to speak. All the show are of good quality of course, and I did read N.E.W. in part. I will have another look over it after I post this, it's a pertty good show from what I remember.

5 Active sections is pretty good for a section like this IMO. But there are only some contributing of course, although if you look at the veiws you show has something around 500 I believe. Script This has 2400 or something, but I can't entirely contribute that to myself seeing as others were involved. I did the math and it evens about to around the same number of veiws for each of our shows.

A basic help thread would be good, I mean some advice from the experts to the newcomers would be useful for people who aren't sure. I have some ideas and things that I'd like to contribute for people to use, such as formatting (putting spaces between sentences ), which wrestlers are good to carry your show with for starters, how the show should be run, how many matches/ PPVs and booking styles. All the jazz, I have plenty of advice to give on.

Good idea that is, we could do it in here, although it would get more attention in another thread in the lounge section. Before we posted it we could counsel about what to put in it through PM or in here. Or we could each individually do one based on what we think are good tips. Whatever floats ya boat I suppose.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You's Avatar
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You 48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is offline
I > You
WWE Women's Champion

48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...

My shows will get better, promise. I'm going to summarize my matches, like you guys suggested. I was already planning on that. And yeah, I enjoy both your guys' shows. I'm going to read them more throroughly, next time, and I can give you better feedback. I hope we can get some life back into Book This! It'd be more fun for us, if we did.. Competition is amazing!
Old 08-26-2008, 07:05 PM

oneandonly is looking to come up from OCW...oneandonly is looking to come up from OCW...oneandonly is looking to come up from OCW...

I really like Danmens Book This! The day I signed up here at wrestlezone I wondered into the Book This! Section and saw Script This. I read it and thought it was ok, but then I read Danmen's part. I thought it was really amazing and him and DJ really have brought Book This back to life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
The line I used on my ex:

"what the FUCK are you looking at????"

cuz she was staring at me.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You 48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is offline
I > You
WWE Women's Champion

48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You is being held back by Triple H...

I like DJ and Danmen's, both. I really don't get the concept of Script this, but whatever. It's entertaining. I'm glad to see a bit of life in Book This.. I've recruited a friend that will most likely be doing a weekly show. So, yeah. I can't wait for you guys to update your shows. I am going to start writing my second show right now. Have fun.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 PM

oneandonly is looking to come up from OCW...oneandonly is looking to come up from OCW...oneandonly is looking to come up from OCW...

Good luck. I just updated mine. Im sure I will be as entertained with your second show as much as I was with your very solid opening show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
The line I used on my ex:

"what the FUCK are you looking at????"

cuz she was staring at me.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-27-2008, 12:29 AM
The Man with The Plan

willieb33cc is looking to come up from OCW...willieb33cc is looking to come up from OCW...

i remember i was like, u know i want to make a promotion, and i want to write what i wanna write, and then i stumbled across Book This, and the only one that i think was up and running was smackdown vs raw, and i saw that is dealt with the wwe, so i decided to do a promotion that is pretty realistic, only using superstars that are out of either TNA or WWE, and so far i am the only original one doing that, everyone else is just using there favorite superstars from all promotions, which i DO NOT find entertaining, and you all use there same gimmick.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:41 AM
I > You
WWE Women's Champion

I'm using only TNA and WWE. I have three TNA guys. My gimmicks haven't been established, yet. I'm going to be changing gimmicks, trust me. That was all kind of harsh, up there.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Knockout Champion

The concept on Script This! is using the actual game of Smackdown vs. Raw featuring E.C.W. and playing that and using that as your way of booking. Now I actually think this way is harder than doing normal Book This, because you (well, are meant too anyway) have to follow the restrictions of the game. Such as, the matches, the rosters the PPVs and shows, and most importantly ... the game decides who wins the matches so it is harder to book fueds that make sense.

Although I personally like that because it is kind of easier to look at what is going on ... and sometimes I make exceptions to the rules . Like when my first mania comes I am going to be using more match slots and just simming them outside of GM mode.

Also, Willi, once again I'd to point out my roster restrictions. I can only choose certain ones because the other brands on the game take some. Another point is you might enojy that, but the fact is people might genereally rather read about stars they konw more about. But then again people will read all of our show if they find it appealing for them, so whateva floats your boat.

Also glad I opened discussion here, thing will be better off for Book This. Also people should feel free to advertise Book This in there sigs, without going outside the rules obviously.