WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Would YOU Like To See Join The Shield?
Ryback 2 14.29%
John Cena 1 7.14%
Mark Henry 0 0%
Big Show 0 0%
Paul Heyman 4 28.57%
Brock Lesnar 0 0%
Fandango 2 14.29%
CM Punk 3 21.43%
Jack Swagger 1 7.14%
Other 3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM

fafa1021 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Rollins and Ambrose are going to be protected as much as possible. I'm a little surprised that Rollins was included in this since he is a face on NXT and pretty popular as one. I don't know to much about Roman Reigns but he seems like the typical WWE superstar that Vince likes.

My hope is that they will be connected to Punk but his interaction with them will be limited. Let Heyman lead them and keep Punk on the side. Almost like the three of them are Heyman's "Side Project." Back when stables were big in the 80's, groups like The Heenan family didn't always team up together but they were under the same management umbrella. They only teamed up when it really benefited from it. I think this would be a fresh approach to this. It will allow the rookies to be their own entitiy but still be around to help Punk further his title run when necessary.

Of course, that won't happen.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM

HereComesThePain53 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
What an insightful and well thought out post, displaying terrific understanding of professional wrestling and specifically WWE.

I mean, how dare the WWE debut new talent with tons of potential, rather than simply recycle the same guys over and over and over again? I mean, their track record in doing so is abysmal.

Look at the original Nexus. Goddamn Daniel Bryan, what a bust he turned out to be, I cannot understand why the WWE bothered to call him up to the main roster! Skip Sheffield, another total waste of time, I don't see any future whatsoever in this guy.

Darren Young. David Otunga. Justin Gabriel. Wade Barrett. I mean, you're never going to see any of these losers featured on one of the biggest PPV's of the year. Even Heath Slater, never see that dude on RAW doing anything.

The original Nexus was a flop. How dare the WWE replicate their errors! Rather than search for the next budding superstar, whether it be Ambrose, or Rollins, or some guy not even called up yet, the WWE would be far better served by featuring the same three or four guys, over and over again, without making any attempt whatsoever to expand their horizons. Give us a steady diet of Orton, and Cena, and Punk, and no one else. Nothing stale about that at all. I mean, WWE is dead anyway, so why even bother to try?

Really? Really? Really? You think you're smart? Don't act like you're all that with me. Moron. Daniel Bryan was a star from the beginning. So was Wade barrett. Darren, Otunga, Gabriel , and Slater are as irrelevant as a piece of thread on my carpet. Orton Cena Punk lesnar HHH Undertaker Bryan Kane, and many more. Everyone excluding Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro, and these 3 NXT buffoons. Don't act smart.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...

Yay. A bunch of nobodies on a program dedicated to rising nobodies entered the nobody-filled WWE and made an enormous impact by attacking Ryback and retaining the title for Punk. Who books this shit? WWE just does stupid thing after stupid thing and this has been going on since the anonymous GM and the first pathetic NXT invasion of nobodies who were squashed like they should have been pretty much immediately. But let's just go back a year. CM Punk is going nowhere winning the world title here and there for a few hours at a time. Then he drops the pipebomb promo. WWE has something. Punk leaves WWE only to come back like a week later. Dumb. Anyway, he has a big match with Cena at Summerslam. It's time for a long Punk run. He wins the title at Summerslam 2011 only to be powerbombed by Kevin Nash a minute later. Del Rio cashes MITB and wins the title. Lame. And what is Kevin Nash doing in the WWE or a ring for that matter in the year 2011? If he's coming back to wrestle or mentor, fine, but he came back only for a few promos and didn't end up wrestling or doing anything. Nash's interference in the Summerslam main event was pointless. Triple H wanted him there but why? What was the motivation? So anyway, CM Punk wins the title at Survivor Series 2011 in the third last match of the evening. I almost fell asleep watching that match. So, after years of wrestlers holding the title for one week to about 6 weeks at the most, we're all suppose to believe a skinny guy like CM Punk whose won and lost the title in the same night more than once can finally hold onto it for over a year? About 10 times longer than anyone in the past 10 years except Cena or Triple H?? WWE doesn't make any sense. They bring the former 2 year UFC champ Brock Lesnar and how do they use him? They have him kill Cena first night after Wrestlemania. Great they've got something! But first time he steps into the ring for a match they have him job to John Cena! Lame. Then, instead of having Lesnar feud with somebody he could build up or help business, he's thrown into a pointless feud with Triple H with the end result that Triple H can walk away from TV for a few months with reason. Stupid. Triple H was made to look tougher than Lesner throughout the whole feud as if WWE wrestling is so much tougher than mixed martial arts. OK so fastforward to a month ago. Ryback is turning into the next Goldberg. Great WWE has something. He's thrown into a Hell in the Cell match with Punk. All WWE has to do is make sure Ryback doesn't get pinned. Any other ending builds what they already have going. Then they squash Ryback as some dumbass ref costs Ryback the match and he's pinned. Ryback has been pinned and nobody will give a shit if he goes on some long winning streak. And why did the ref cost Punk the match? Why weren't there consequences for that? WWE scriptwriters never give the wrestlers who interfere a good enough excuse for their actions. They just interfere because they think they're the best or they want to see someone else lose. But that's not true motivation. The Hell in the Cell ending was RETARDED. OK so now we have fans on this thread saying the match ended perfect because Punk got to retain and Ryback wasn't pinned. Ryback still looks weak though. Lex Luger could take on Hogan, Nash and Hall and came out with the belt. Luger's not even close to Goldberg or Warrior in the 'take on 10 guys at a time department'. A true monster could take on 3 guys most of the time and win. Ryback has been rendered useless and will probably be put in a match with Triple H at some point so that Trips can break Ryback's streak of winning or losing matches due to outside interference. Anyway, last nights' main event ending was pointless. As another poster already mentioned earlier, Rollins is gonna end up no bigger than Wade Barrett, Reigns is gonna end up back in NXT, and Ambrose will be tag teaming Saturday mornings with Brodus Clay. The only thing I like about WWE right now is that they have built Punk up properly. I'm happy to see he's still champion even if it looks ridiculous that he's had the title for a year and about 20 wrestlers before him held the title for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Punk's one year reign in 2012 is about equivalent to 7 years in the past. The thing is we all know WWE will find a way to end his reign the worst possible way they can. Maybe let Reigns beat him for it tonight on RAW since his last name is Reigns. That's the way WWE booking operates. Let's give that NXT invasion another go around even though nobody gives a shit about NXT or the original Nexus guys!!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

I liked it. It was a way of getting Ryback out of the way or on the losing side without him looking weak, although Paul Haymen did a great job of that already. Anyway. I donít think they are going to form a stable with Punk so to say. Not saying it couldnít but It was just a perfect opportunity to get up and comers out and with a bang. They beat up one of the most dominate men wwe has right now. It makes for a good story and they have relevance in a decent feud we just have to see if people backstage will mess it up or not.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilapierre View Post
Yay. A bunch of nobodies on a program dedicated to rising nobodies entered the nobody-filled WWE and made an enormous impact by attacking Ryback and retaining the title for Punk. Who books this shit? WWE just does stupid thing after stupid thing and this has been going on since the anonymous GM and the first pathetic NXT invasion of nobodies who were squashed like they should have been pretty much immediately. But let's just go back a year. CM Punk is going nowhere winning the world title here and there for a few hours at a time. Then he drops the pipebomb promo. WWE has something. Punk leaves WWE only to come back like a week later. Dumb. Anyway, he has a big match with Cena at Summerslam. It's time for a long Punk run. He wins the title at Summerslam 2011 only to be powerbombed by Kevin Nash a minute later. Del Rio cashes MITB and wins the title. Lame. And what is Kevin Nash doing in the WWE or a ring for that matter in the year 2011? If he's coming back to wrestle or mentor, fine, but he came back only for a few promos and didn't end up wrestling or doing anything. Nash's interference in the Summerslam main event was pointless. Triple H wanted him there but why? What was the motivation? So anyway, CM Punk wins the title at Survivor Series 2011 in the third last match of the evening. I almost fell asleep watching that match. So, after years of wrestlers holding the title for one week to about 6 weeks at the most, we're all suppose to believe a skinny guy like CM Punk whose won and lost the title in the same night more than once can finally hold onto it for over a year? About 10 times longer than anyone in the past 10 years except Cena or Triple H?? WWE doesn't make any sense. They bring the former 2 year UFC champ Brock Lesnar and how do they use him? They have him kill Cena first night after Wrestlemania. Great they've got something! But first time he steps into the ring for a match they have him job to John Cena! Lame. Then, instead of having Lesnar feud with somebody he could build up or help business, he's thrown into a pointless feud with Triple H with the end result that Triple H can walk away from TV for a few months with reason. Stupid. Triple H was made to look tougher than Lesner throughout the whole feud as if WWE wrestling is so much tougher than mixed martial arts. OK so fastforward to a month ago. Ryback is turning into the next Goldberg. Great WWE has something. He's thrown into a Hell in the Cell match with Punk. All WWE has to do is make sure Ryback doesn't get pinned. Any other ending builds what they already have going. Then they squash Ryback as some dumbass ref costs Ryback the match and he's pinned. Ryback has been pinned and nobody will give a shit if he goes on some long winning streak. And why did the ref cost Punk the match? Why weren't there consequences for that? WWE scriptwriters never give the wrestlers who interfere a good enough excuse for their actions. They just interfere because they think they're the best or they want to see someone else lose. But that's not true motivation. The Hell in the Cell ending was RETARDED. OK so now we have fans on this thread saying the match ended perfect because Punk got to retain and Ryback wasn't pinned. Ryback still looks weak though. Lex Luger could take on Hogan, Nash and Hall and came out with the belt. Luger's not even close to Goldberg or Warrior in the 'take on 10 guys at a time department'. A true monster could take on 3 guys most of the time and win. Ryback has been rendered useless and will probably be put in a match with Triple H at some point so that Trips can break Ryback's streak of winning or losing matches due to outside interference. Anyway, last nights' main event ending was pointless. As another poster already mentioned earlier, Rollins is gonna end up no bigger than Wade Barrett, Reigns is gonna end up back in NXT, and Ambrose will be tag teaming Saturday mornings with Brodus Clay. The only thing I like about WWE right now is that they have built Punk up properly. I'm happy to see he's still champion even if it looks ridiculous that he's had the title for a year and about 20 wrestlers before him held the title for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Punk's one year reign in 2012 is about equivalent to 7 years in the past. The thing is we all know WWE will find a way to end his reign the worst possible way they can. Maybe let Reigns beat him for it tonight on RAW since his last name is Reigns. That's the way WWE booking operates. Let's give that NXT invasion another go around even though nobody gives a shit about NXT or the original Nexus guys!!
Jesus Christ, learn to use the spacebar son.

We're hours removed from their debut, nobody can judge the angle without giving it time to progress. Do I agree with debuting them in such a fashion? I don't exactly disagree with it, cause again they could take this angle a plethora of different directions. I'm happy to see Ambrose finally debuting, Jon Moxley was great in DGUSA and Evolve, whether the hype some idiotic WWE fans have created is too high for him to succeed, only time will tell, but at least now we don't have to hear any more "where's Dean Ambrose?" complaints.

Seth Rollins hasn't adapted to WWE the best, but they must be high on him considering his position in NXT. Preferred his work as Tyler Black in ROH, but I guess there's no point living in the past. And Roman Reigns' inclusion left me scratching my head but again, is what it is. Thus far from what I've seen of him in NXT, he bores the hell out of me, and as I said in the spam section had they at least gave Chris Hero his spot the indy fans would have climaxed on the spot.

Whether they feud with Ryback, form a stable alongside Punk and Heyman, feud with a number of others I really don't care, just going to have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 AM

cult_of_icecream_bar is looking to come up from OCW...

This Ambrose dude has to be real good.People have shitted on the forum sayin Ambrose this and Ambrose that.He better be the reincarnation of Bret Hart,SCSA,The Rock,Brock Lesnar,Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan put together.Hell,people didn't put D.Bry over as much as him despite of Bryan being an amaging talent.If the hype is so much,he better live up to it.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Mason Ryan ate my homework.....

Bizarre_Blue is looking to come up from OCW...

For me there is a chance here to form a new super-heel faction. Ambrose can talk and cut some very dark promos. Rollins has the moves and Reigns has the size to back up the action element. So in my ideal world these guys come out and do the NXT (Nexus) invasion angle the "right way".

"We're sick and tired of being passed over in developmental. We're better than everyone else out here and we demand to be heard. We took out the biggest and baddest you have to offer and we're here to stay"

Punk comes out to address them and they respectfully blank him. Kind of like "we respect you as a champion that has earned his place, but don't get in our way or we'll do to you what we did to Ryback". Nothing too "heelish", just enough to position them as a stand alone faction that is here to make an impact by taking out whomever they need to.

Then for TLC you get Ryback and Cena in a handicapped 3 on 2 match with these guys and they go over two of the biggest (size-wise) guys in the company. As a faction they have ability and ambition to force their way into the big time.

Nexus failed due to having to face Super Cena and have him overcome the odds to beat them. That was classic one man vs the world mentality to promote the super-hero figure. This needs to be different. This time Cena NEEDS to be on the losing end and these guys will gain instant credibility which is where they ultimately failed with Nexus (and didn't even begin with the Corre!).

Longer term I'd pick the natural option of having Rollins and Reigns moving after tag team gold vs Bryan & Kane and then have Ambrose play to his "creepy/unstable" character by becoming a stalker to AJ. Just lingering in the background. Here comes super-cena to the rescue and then you have Ambrose and Cena in an ongoing fued (no titles in the picture!). Ryback is free to stay in the title picture (even better bring back Maddox and have an ongoing thing where Maddox keeps trying to beat him, getting closer and closer until he finally gets the win). Punk stays with the belt until him and Rocky can have their ultimate showdown at RR and then the rematch at WM.

My ideal for the WM card?

Punk vs Rock (Belt)
Lesnar vs Ryback (after Brock is brought in to protect Punk and Ryback backs-up Rock)
Big Show vs Sheamus (Belt) (Then have Ziggler return from an injury angle to cash in)
Orton vs Miz
Bryan/Kane vs Rollins/Reigns
Ambrose vs Cena

There needs to be something for Del Rio maybe vs Kingston for the belt. Also for someone to take on Cesaro for the USC.

Just me random thoughts on how they could build a very strong WM card, each with their own back stories to actually generate a bit of interest!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

A good debut if you ask me. Different perspective for me as I don't watch NXT, so I thought it was just three security guards attacking Ryback. I thought they were going the direction of anybody and everybody will interefre on Punk's behalf. Referee one week, security the next, maybe time keepers, popcorn venders etc.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM

tbp82 is looking to come up from OCW...

I find it interesting at some of the comments here and around the IWC. This group is made up of three guys. People here pushing Rollins and Ambrose must be blind. Reigns has the look and physique to be the one to get the push here. Some are calling him The Batista of the group but he was a wrestlemania main eventer. IF this group is compared to DX then Reigns is the Triple H. If it is compared to The Nation then Reigns is The Rock. If it is compared to the nwo Reigns is The Nash. If it is compared to evolution Reigns is The Orton.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Kunztown is looking to come up from OCW...

Could this be the beginning of something really creative? Think about it, Maybe this has nothing to do with Punk... Maybe Wwe Creative if finally listening to the Iwc about the character change for.......... JOHN CENA! Wouldn't it be a nice Surprise.... Hogan style. If in a Tag Match with Ryback, that Cena turns and aligns himself with them as a Leader making the 3 of them his "soldiers".... Realizing that his crew will propel him back to the championship over the "fans" who are only distracting him and making him worse with their distracting chants... Then the wwe audience can create more chaos for him such as they are doing with the Dbryan yes no stuff....
sendpm.gif