WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Would YOU Like To See Join The Shield?
Ryback 2 14.29%
John Cena 1 7.14%
Mark Henry 0 0%
Big Show 0 0%
Paul Heyman 4 28.57%
Brock Lesnar 0 0%
Fandango 2 14.29%
CM Punk 3 21.43%
Jack Swagger 1 7.14%
Other 3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 PM
WOO!
WCW TV Champion

The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...
Default **MERGED** The Shield Discussion - Matches, angles, etc (Keep It In Here!!!!)

Just moments ago, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns ran in and attacked Ryback in the WWE Championship main event at Survivor Series, allowing CM Punk to sneak out with his championship reign in tact. The ending -- for all the speculation about how Dean Ambrose would debut -- was a complete and utter surprise, and one of the better PPV endings in recent memory. Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose tore Ryback up and got a chance to make an immediate impact in their debuts, the likes of which most people don't get until much later (if ever) in their careers.

So, what did you guys think about the debuts for these three men? What do you think their motivations are? Was this the best way to put Punk over in this match, while "protecting" Ryback? Are they interfering for their own interests, not Punk's? Any other thoughts?

Personally, I never really bought into the Dean Ambrose hype and I'm not a huge fan of either Reigns or Rollins, but that was a REALLY cool debut (I'm interested to see if Maddox fits in with these three, too). I'm a sucker for surprises and love watching stories as they pan out, so this is right up my alley. It's pretty early on, so there's not much I can say here, but this has to be the start of a "Heyman guys" stable (or something along those lines) and maybe it's the easiest way to transition Punk away from Ryback -- while he focuses in Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns -- and into the build toward his Royal Rumble match against The Rock. Punk has always been great in a leadership role (he was fucking awesome with the SES, that's seriously some of his most underrated work), so I can't wait to see how he handles this.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 PM
I hit it before Ray J.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...Jake Smizzy worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think it's significant that the three debuted together. They are apart of what is the next generation. They will be imbedded in the product for years to come. It's like Trout* and Harper and Machado all debuting in the 2012 season. *Really just a rookie season after a brieff '11 stint. You look back years down the road when these people are established superstars and are reminded that they cracked the main roster together.

Obviously Ambrose and Rollins have been highly anticipated, but from what I've gauged so far, is that people aren't that enthusiastic about Reigns (Leakee). To me, he makes all this that much sweeter. He's a great talent and everyone will come to see that, however unexcited they are right now. I'm ecstatic that we get all three guys at the same time.

Last edited by Jake Smizzy : 11-18-2012 at 10:44 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

It was a very cool and completely unexpected debut for these three. The immediate question that springs to mind is, as has been brought up, whether these three are in an alliance with Punk & Heyman or if they did this of their own accord. You know, in an attempt to make an impact like Brad Maddox did last month at Hell in a Cell.

Tomorrow's follow up on Raw will be important and I just hope & pray that WWE doesn't do something foolish like decide to suddenly feed one or all of these guys to Ryback. Doing something like that would make what they did tonight & their debut absolutely meaningless. I'm not all that familiar with Reigns, but Rollins & Ambrose have been considered overall the top hottest talents in WWE's developmental system for a long while. So c'mon Vince, don't screw this up.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 PM
No

jerry20xx is a member of the JOB SQUAD

It was pretty lame. People sucked Ambrose's penis for a long time and he debuts as a balding security guard who helps powerbomb Ryback. OMG HE'S SO KOOL!

We all know what the fuck their motivations were. Vince wanted CM Punk to keep the belt without having Ryback pinned. End of story.

I am happy about Rollins making his debut though it shouldn't have happened this way.

In a months time Roman will be forgotten about and pushed back to NXT like Camacho, Ambrose will be tagging with Brodus Clay on Saturday Morning Slam and Rollins will be thrown into random feuds.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...a member of wwe universe is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry20xx View Post
It was pretty lame. People sucked Ambrose's penis for a long time and he debuts as a balding security guard who helps powerbomb Ryback. OMG HE'S SO KOOL!

We all know what the fuck their motivations were. Vince wanted CM Punk to keep the belt without having Ryback pinned. End of story.

I am happy about Rollins making his debut though it shouldn't have happened this way.

In a months time Roman will be forgotten about and pushed back to NXT like Camacho, Ambrose will be tagging with Brodus Clay on Saturday Morning Slam and Rollins will be thrown into random feuds.
sad but true. given wwe track record with new talents debut, it doesn't look good. fans especially iwc gets over excited about New debut, stable etc. only to be dropped by the e after 6month in time. i really don't have much expectation with these guys knowing wwe will screw it up somehow.

wwe universe
sendpm.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 PM
the Rated-R Superstar
Knockout Champion

sTyLnK is looking to come up from OCW...sTyLnK is looking to come up from OCW...sTyLnK is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry20xx View Post

Unfortunately that is the reality for 99% of the wrestlers in the WWE. It's the ladder effect. They get their push, then they get buried. Another wrestler gets a push, they get buried. It's a vicious cycle. It's no wonder the WWE doesn't have many huge names to carry the company other than Cena, Punk and yes Orton. None get much of a chance. Vince crammed Cena down everyone's throats and continued to even though the IWC couldn't stand him. Do the same thing with a bunch of other wrestlers. People are going to watch no matter what, so get a few guys with awesome potential and push the hell out of them. You see glimpses of Vince doing it from time to time and we see it with Ryback, but honestly he could very easily be pushed off the ladder and buried. It wouldn't be surprising if did happen.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Burning Hammaaaaah!!!
WWE Women's Champion

GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think cream rises to the crop. Look at the 5 foot nothing Daniel Bryan. He has been a World, US and Tag Champion. His talent has made him one of the top features of WWE programming, and it was his own doing.

Ambrose will no doubt be the break out star of this group, but Reigns I feel has the IT Factor.... he could go really far. As for Rollins, I'm still not sold on him. Hopefully his heel work will be better than his whitebread face character.

And yes, if they all get fed to Ryback, then this will be all for naught. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

Austin Aries | Daniel Bryan | Magnus | Samoa Joe | Bobby Roode
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Living Room Champion

Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...

I just got back from SS and, at first, I was disappointed with the ending to the main event; mostly because I had floor seats and couldn't really tell who the three guys were with my limited viewing perspective and lack of commentary to hear. (I'm never getting floor seats again unless it's front row.)

Luckily, someone near me was able to identify Ambrose and Rollins (I've never heard of Reigns), and then I wasn't as disappointed. The ending makes sense since Ryback wasn't pinned, and it gave these three an opportunity to make a huge debut, so I hope WWE doesn't drop the ball on this.

Rollins impressed me as Tyler Black in ROH, but I've never seen Ambrose or Reigns wrestle. The trio did however execute a very good team powerbomb on Ryback and sent him through the announcer's table, which was a very good spot. Overall, it was a decent main event, but aside from the surprise interference, it was nothing special.

On a side note, Ryback's crowd reception was lackluster to say the least. NO ONE near me on the floor cheered for Ryback, and even as he exited after the match was over, he tried to lead a "Feed Me More" chant with very little success. I really don't know where he goes from here.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 AM

suleman09 is looking to come up from OCW...suleman09 is looking to come up from OCW...

i've heard of these guys for a while and im glad to see their debut work out this way. It wasn't a traditional cheesy debut where they just come out and destroy a jobber, they tore up a guy whose basically Vince's "guy" which says a lot for them. And yea this could have been done to protect Ryback and for him to run through them later which would suck. I think these 3 together with Punk could take out Ryback and bring him back to earth from his unbeatable character.

I hope they team up with Punk and have Punk be the leader and of course Heyman the manager. This could be very interesting to see if played out correctly for these 3

and of course if they want to rise to the top, they will have to (for now) help each other out and make each other look good to take the group seriously.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 AM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I thought it was well done. This is how they probably get Ryback out of the title picture without losing clean. CM Punk moves on from Ryback. Ryback focus turns to these 3.

I'm sure IWC will end up hating the angle when Ryback finally beats the living shit out of them one by one.
sendpm.gif