WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Best for (the Music) Business
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...
Default AJ Styles Pinned; What Does His Future Hold?

Well, at Turning Point, James Storm won the triple threat match to become the next number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. However, he did so by pinning A.J. Styles, thus taking Styles out of the world championship picture until Bound for Glory 2013. The question is simple:

What does A.J. Styles do for the next year?

I personally haven't the foggiest myself. Whatever the case may be, I just hope that this loss doesn't hang a black cloud over his head and lead to a heel turn. I never really liked A.J. as a heel; he just doesn't fit the role to me and I believe that he works better as a face. I also don't see another feud with Daniels since he's off doing his thing with Kazarian now. I guess he could have some nice matches with Samoa Joe for the TV title, or have something going with Bobby Roode. Besides the whole stand against Aces & Eights, which I don't think will last for the next year, I'm unclear on what A.J. will do to keep himself busy for a while. What do you see in the future of A.J. Styles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatehabsforever View Post
With all due respect, I think you are probably a little bit insane.

Last edited by DethMetal : 11-11-2012 at 09:12 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

Four words:

Bound For Glory Series.

This is the perfect time for AJ to take time off to "reevaluate" his life, exactly as James Storm did following his loss to Roode a little while back. Styles can then make his return to TNA a few months from now, raring for the opportunity to reclaim his place at the top of the TNA ladder, and can do so via the BFG series where he can finally regain the shot to become World Heavyweight champion again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I Had Sex With The
Knockout Champion

LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...

One Word:

Loophole

I think AJ is gonna leave for a bit and then come back to the X-Division. RVD is the division right now, AJ built the X-Division and can bring some star power to it.

What the hell does that have to do with a loophole? At Destination X the new rule states every year the X-Division champ has the right to trade his title for a WHC match at the PPV. I think this is how AJ will get his next shot.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...SpecialFNK is looking to come up from OCW...

2 posts, 2 different scenarios.

I don't know how AJ gets back to the title picture, but what about this. what if AJ walks away, and makes a return.. as a heel, with Aces/Eights? the more unlikely one, but maybe possible?
I saw it mentioned somewhere else. still not sure I'm with it. but AJ with a new look/gimmick could do him some good?

if that is too unlikely, I would have to go ahead with the X division scenario.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Down Where? Down Here!
Million Dollar Champion

Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...

There's plenty AJ can do until BFG 2013.

He can feud with Aces & Eights from now till Lockdown. I'm suprised he hasn't been in a match with them on PPV already, AJ is Mr. TNA and Aces & Eights are invading his house, a feud with A&8's would be the most logical choice right now. Him and Angle can team up one more time to face Devon & another member of A&8's at Final Resolution, then at Genesis he can put over DOC or some other member in a singles match, dunno what he could do on the next two PPV's after, but at Lockdown he can captain Team TNA to face Aces & Eights in Lethal Lockdown to end the feud between A&8's and TNA. After he's done with them, he can make a short return to the X-Division to help them get back on their feet if it's still in the condition it is in now, or he can feud with Austin Aries with their rivalry extending all the way to & ending at Destination X. Then he can make his big comeback by winning the BFG series and going on to win the World Heavyweight Title at Bound For Glory.

Last edited by Macho Machismo : 11-11-2012 at 10:20 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Ambassador of the Grind
WWE Women's Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
Four words:

Bound For Glory Series.

This is the perfect time for AJ to take time off to "reevaluate" his life, exactly as James Storm did following his loss to Roode a little while back. Styles can then make his return to TNA a few months from now, raring for the opportunity to reclaim his place at the top of the TNA ladder, and can do so via the BFG series where he can finally regain the shot to become World Heavyweight champion again.
This makes the most sense to me. AJ could take some time off, and possibly come back with a more focused mentality. Wondering if maybe there's a heel turn in the works.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 PM

TheWrestlo is looking to come up from OCW...

I think hes gonna do a switcharo. He will leave saying "i don't have what it takes right now.... i will come back and regain whats mine." then hel return ala James Storm, but just as we think its face A.J.

Its (sadly) heel A.J.

He joins A&8s, has a feud with the world champ at the time (I would say Storm, as its more fitting to the storyline) pressures the champ into reinvoking the "ban" and Styles wins the Championship.

Also when I say "heel" A.J. I don't mean the cocky "i'm better then you" A.J.. I mean the dark, disturbing revenge driven A.J., something we haven't seen yet, thats why he would pressure the champion. Also he would rename his finisher to something more demented to fit the character.

1.CM Punk
2.Jeff Hardy
3.Austin Aries
4.Bobby Roode
5.Rob Van Dam
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2012, 10:56 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Notorious718 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
Four words:

Bound For Glory Series.

This pretty much. The stipulation that AJ can't compete for the world title until next year's Bound For Glory only makes me think that he'll actually be competing for it at that event which would be fucking sweet and so overdue. The fact that it would potentially happen at TNA's biggest PPV event would make the moment that much sweeter.

But that's next year. Until then, I expect to see AJ getting stuck in various feuds (none of which I hope to see involving Christopher Daniels yet again). I would like to see him return to the X Division and bringing back some star power and relevance. I could also see him feuding with Samoa Joe for the TV title so as to add some more contenders. I'd rather see him in the X Division though. Very interesting to see what the future holds for him. I'm definitely hoping he wins next year's BFG Series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Notorious, you are one of my favorite people on this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Goin' to da pay windah!!
WWE Diva's Champion

Vintage is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennithexg View Post
a lot of people read it

and also now we know that it annoy the board rulers you know that cork people are just going to respond to it to do just that

listening to what ever is on 2fm at the moment
some bland background noise
In the immortal words of one Steven Austin..WHAT?!?
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, I wonder if you did either.

As for AJ, BFG 2013 winner and being the 2nd inductee to the HOF = plan
Hogan, make it so
sendpm.gif
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

Like IDR said, the BFG Series is the perfect opportunity to get Styles back into the title picture. The stipulation of the threeway match last night might very well already tell the winner of the BFG Series but it could still be fun to watch.

In terms of overall wrestling content, I think the BFG Series this year has given IW it's strongest matches I've seen on TNA in a very long time. TNA can use pretty much the entire year of 2013, including the BFG Series, to build Styles back up to a main eventer.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif