WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

scomvp316 is looking to come up from OCW...scomvp316 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default [Official] Discussion For Aces And Eights Leader

This storyline has intrigued fans not just of TNA but other promotions that fans support that have been extremely critical of TNA for a while. I am not saying this story can have the same affect as the NWO but this could be the final straw on the Bisch experiment in TNA. It can not be a lame reveal unless other top names are part of the group. The reveal should not take place until BFG.

I do think Cornette and Bisch should patch up whatever creative differences they have and have some sort of working agreement between the two promotions. I am not saying some sort of merger but pretty close where both promotions operate seperately but have crossover storylines where talent can be seen on both shows. How cool would it be at BFG if Zion claims there is no competition and Davey Richards comes out and makes him tap within 5 minutes to be the New X Division Champion. Also at BFG have a 30 minute draw between WGTT and Kaz/Daniels.

Here are my picks who could be the leader of A&8:
Brooke Hogan: She could a younger sexier version of Stephanie McMahon's character of turning on her famous father for power and greed. Only problem is how good can she be as a character from week to week

Karen Jarrett: One of the more obvious choices but maybe not as the leader but one of a few co-leaders of the group. She is a great heel with real life situations that has been played out on-air with some male talent

Kurt Angle: Return him as the Olympic Bad Ass that's fed up with being the face of the company and wants to ruin the careers of the people that he believes have tarnised his pro wrestling career while mentioning VKM and WWE which would generate alot of heat as a heel real quick for him

Austin Aries: As much success he has had as a face so far in TNA he has so many characteristics like HBK. Both guys are excellent as a face or heel

Surprise Pick: As mentioned above imagine if ROH and TNA could work together because for them to compete it would serve them both as a unit caue they both have alot of talent but can't get it done going against one another. The one guy who is hotter than Aries and would be cool and possibly instant ratings for TNA would be the leader of A&8 and that would be current ROH World Champion Kevin Steen
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Starving (Martial) Artist

Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...Infinity is looking to come up from OCW...

Brooke Hogan and Karen Jarrett are realistic possibilities because they would absolutely suck.

I really hate when smarks think they know ecactly what a promotion should do, like going as far as saying "It should be a 30 minute draw" or whatever. Like, really dude?

But I do agree 100% with the notion that the leader/reveal cannot be another lame dude like Abyss' whole "They're coming" bullshit from a year or 2 ago. I'm convinced that the reveal will suck, however. I have zero faith in TNA ever "shocking" me, because they never have.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Down Where? Down Here!
Million Dollar Champion

Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...

Not saying it should be but I wouldn't be suprised if it's Bobby Roode, so the group can help him win the belt back from Aries at Hard Justice plus Roode does have problems with management, doesn't he? If it's Roode, TNA could handpick James Storm as the guy to take down the group, which would make the storyline bigger heading into BFG then when Storm defeats Roode at BFG, the group is done, giving three feel good moments - 1) Storm finally defeating Roode, 2) Storm taking the belt off Roode, 3) Aces & Eights being defeated forever.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Burning Hammaaaaah!!!
WWE Women's Champion

GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...GrandSword worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
Brooke Hogan and Karen Jarrett are realistic possibilities because they would absolutely suck.

I really hate when smarks think they know ecactly what a promotion should do, like going as far as saying "It should be a 30 minute draw" or whatever. Like, really dude?

But I do agree 100% with the notion that the leader/reveal cannot be another lame dude like Abyss' whole "They're coming" bullshit from a year or 2 ago. I'm convinced that the reveal will suck, however. I have zero faith in TNA ever "shocking" me, because they never have.
If you weren't shocked when the Kurt Angle debut video played, then my friend there is no pleasing you.

As far as who the leader is, although it wouldn't be a shock, it would make perfect sense for Jeff and Karen Jarrett to be the leaders of the group.

They have attacked:

Sting- Sting fired them both from the company he founded and became the 1st Hall of Fame inductee.

Hogan- came in and is now the head of the company he founded.

Angle- became the company's top star and his wife's ex-husband.

Aries/Roode- the two top guys in his company and he is sending a message.

AJ Styles- the face of TNA and a baby face that would probably get involved in the Aces and 8s business anyway as he has always "protected" TNA.

Gut Check- attacking a Hogan inspired concept

However before James Storm ws implicated (which usually means he is not the leader), I thought he would be a huge swerve and pretty cool.

1. They need a big name to be revealed at this stage of the game. If Chris Masters is the leader, no one is going to care. Although jarrett has had Planet Jarrett etc. in the past atleast he being the Founder would fit the bill. So if TNA's top homegrown babyface turned out to be the leader of this then it would be a big shock.

2. The Cowboy, Deadman's Hand it all makes sense from that point of view

3. Storm went away after not being able to get the job done at Lockdown. He is back and has brought an army with him. He thinks, if everyone thought that what Robert Roode did was bad, as his former partner, I can top it and beyond!

4. Not kayfabe but 1. Bischoff loves turning top faces heel it's his pet play and 2. Storm is not getting as huge over as a face as TNA thought he would. He is not on the same level of Sting, Hardy, Aries, Angle, Styles or even Joe at the moment. That could all change but Super-Storm may be getting a tiny bit of backlash as seen last Thrusday on impact.

So for me either Jarrett or Storm would be great leaders of Aces and 8s.

Austin Aries | Daniel Bryan | Magnus | Samoa Joe | Bobby Roode
sendpm.gif
Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 AM
WWE European Champion

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Pro Wrestling View Post
It's Chris Harris... Thats why they interact so differently with James Storm... Chris Harris has come to fulfill his destiny in TNA...
Aces and 8's have the whole cards thing and they dress like rednecks, could be. Even though what you said sounded sarcastic I also thought of it. They said he's GUILTY so many times. They kept repeating it like they WANTED people to hear the word guilty. Only one thing I could think of when I heard it.

And also Gail Kim is back in TNA and she used to be a part of it as far as I know. Soo ... one more thing to ponder.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:02 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Pro Wrestling View Post
It's Chris Harris... Thats why they interact so differently with James Storm... Chris Harris has come to fulfill his destiny in TNA...
That would be great. If the guy is in wrestling shape. But I think Chris could be part of the group but not "the" guy as I think he's not been exposed to wrestling enough to lead a whole invasion. Can you imagine him doing a big promo in the ring? I can't see it, the guy would stumble over his own shyness. I think it should be a mix of guys that are mad at TNA(Jarrett, Morgan, Steiner, Harris and people that have been fired by them over the years) and new comers who wants to make a name for themselves.

And probably with Bischoff as the Leader.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-08-2012, 08:28 AM

scomvp316 is looking to come up from OCW...scomvp316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Oh I know a classic tag match between WGTT and Kaz/Daniels would suck compared to what WWE's teams are like. Lets see WGTT put over many teams in ROH and putting over Kaz/Daniels as a team would be so Bad. Lets see putting talent over or a new team is what the biz is about and not so called entertainment that majority of fans don't care two shits about. Karen was the best female heel since SMH so she's awful but if the angle was in WWE it would be great ha WWE Mark. These are opinions and if you don't like certain opinions then go back to watching lame WWE especially seeing they are close in being kicked off of Wall Street because of their bottom line is one of the weakest in the whole entertainment industry. So I wasn't saying thats what Bisch should do but what might work!
sendpm.gif
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Ambassador of the Grind
Knockout Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

While I can understand the notion of Chris Harris being the leader of th A&8's, I think the leader is Jeff Jarrett. If it ends up being Brooke Hogan I'm gonna be pissed. Now something else that I have thought about. I'm thinking another possibility could be Bully Ray. Putting logic aside, he's been chasing the title for well over a year and hasn't gotten the brass ring. He really doesn't need the backup but I can see this as his way of securing and holding onto the title. This is just a hypothesis though.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...

I honestly am having a really difficult time with the idea that it's anyone but Jarrett. He's the only one where the payoff would truly mean something at the moment of it's occurrence. Every other name mentioned, including Brooke Hogan, would be much more of a long-term project and has a much higher percentage chance of absolutely flopping.

Then again, why can't the leader of the group simply be one of the members — like Gallows (Isaiah Cash), who just so happens to be in "cahoots" with a member of the current TNA roster, who is letting them into the building and giving them access to all these opportunities? The story there writes itself. They all came in at one point or another to compete for a spot in TNA (Masters, Gallows, Knox, etc), and were passed over for others who didn't even pan out, so now they're here to take the spots they so rightfully deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 AM
The Million Penny Man

rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...rokuma is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hot Fed View Post
That would be great. If the guy is in wrestling shape.
Saw him wrestle not too long ago in my hometown (small town where he got his start) and he was NOT in wrestling shape. He looked more like Braden Walker than Chris Harris...if you get what I mean.

As for the leader, I think Jeff Jarrett would be too predictable. Ideally, you want someone who could generate some "buzz", but no one is available. Arguably the biggest name out there is John Morrison and I doubt anyone would care. If Jericho was to leave WWE and was interested in TNA, this would be PHENOMENAL, but I can't see that happening and he likely has a 90 day no-compete clause. I think the leader should be....no one. I think the entire group should be like a pack of wolves (similar to The Nexus) and keep this thing going on. Let them keep the masks on. Let them have a huge showdown with the TNA roster. If someone presents themselves as a viable leader in the future, jump on it. But for now, just let them keep beating people up and keep some mystery around it.
sendpm.gif