WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-13-2012, 02:50 AM
A REAL American
WWE Women's Champion

CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Question Why should the WWE take Flair back? Really?

There has been talk for months now that WWE hall of famer Ric Flair would be returning to the company in the near future. But with TNA/Impact Wrestling hitting the WWE with a lawsuit recently, the future isn't near for Flair & the E. But why should Vince McMahon take Ric Flair back? How can anyone forget that sendoff for Ric after that Wrestlemania weekend in Orlando, FL? That whole weekend all eye's were on him upon monday night RAW.

But many months later Ric Flair is in TNA/Impact Wrestling. Wasn't he suppose to be retired? Not only did Flair go back on his word to Vince McMahon and the wrestling world about his "retirement". But he signed to wrestle in a rival (or just another) wrestling promotion! Some would say that the WWE re-hiring Ric Flair would be good for the E & Flair if they just put water under the bridge. And having Flair back would mean alot for the WWE (mainly Vince & HHH) and just make for a good business move between the two.

If Vince McMahon did re-sign Flair, could he really trust Flair again? I mean how can you employ someone with a high profile in marketing when there's no trust? And Flair doing what he did was egg in the WWE's face.

So really, why should the WWE take Flair back? Really?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 AM

Sid Schmid is looking to come up from OCW...Sid Schmid is looking to come up from OCW...

There can't be that much bad blood between Flair and Vince as Flair appeared at wrestlemania with the Horsemen. I think if Flair re-signs with WWE it will be in a non-wrestling capacity
sendpm.gif
Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
Intercontinental Champion

THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...

Because Flair as a manager, GM, Ambassador is worth having... as a wrestler, there is no value in him at all, which is why WWE did the angle with Shawn and the send off. They all knew/suspected he would end up wrestling again I am sure cos guys like Funk did, hell Vince sent Bret for his "retirement show" in 97 only for Funk to be on Mania the following year!... His WWE/WCW career got closure at that point, I would imagine most in WWE would feel that he more embarrased himself in TNA than insulted them.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 AM
IT happens!
WWE Women's Champion

IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...

In the end, Vince McMahon will do what will make him money. And whether wrestling fans love, hate, or are indifferent to Flair, he's a legend who will shake things up and most likely bring some old school fans in by appearing. I just hope they keep him as an on-screen personality because I'm tired of seeing saggy old man boobs.

Thanks to Mister Dela Cruz for the kickass banner!
sendpm.gif
Old 10-13-2012, 12:54 PM

MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...

I refuse to believe that jumping ship to TNA matters in getting re-signed to WWE. Look at the track record of guys that left for TNA and came back. Booker T (now Smackdown GM), Christian (2 time World champion), Kevin Nash (got involved in a major storyline), Jeffy Hardy (3 championship reigns). I'm sure there are others I'm missing but why should Flair get different treatment?

Flair didn't go to TNA to spite the WWE. I'm assuming he went due to his constant money issues. His stylin and profilin gimmick isnt really a gimmick. The guy is a big spender and he's gonna milk the cow until it stops producing milk. If there was any ill will towards Flair on Vinces behalf, Ric wouldn't have been involved in the 4 Horseman induction ceremony.

Why should the WWE take him back? I dont know. Probably because his name is Ric Flair and he's one of the most entertaining guys in the history of the business. I hope to God he stays in a suit for the duration of his run because the guy doesn't look like he has anything left to offer in the ring. Hopefully Vince sees that too
Old 10-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Living Room Champion

Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...Wally Dangerously is looking to come up from OCW...

I wish Flair had really retired from the ring after WM 24 as well, but as an 80's child who grew up with the Nature Boy, I would always welcome seeing him back in the WWE in a non-wrestling role as well. He simply has too much charisma and popularity for the WWE to pass up, as long as he's not drunk on the job.

I, like many others, would love to see him manage Dolph Ziggler if Ziggler is going to continue with his cocky heel character. Flair comes in, Ziggler ditches Vickie and jumps ship to become the new Nature Boy, Vickie picks up some other wrestlers for her stable and, voila, you have a good feud.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Syborgg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Dangerously View Post
I, like many others, would love to see him manage Dolph Ziggler if Ziggler is going to continue with his cocky heel character. Flair comes in, Ziggler ditches Vickie and jumps ship to become the new Nature Boy, Vickie picks up some other wrestlers for her stable and, voila, you have a good feud.
Yeah cuz that worked so well with AJ Styles. Ok it did work for a short-time, but AJ looked totally out of character. Perhaps it would work for Ziggy, who knows.

I'm an old school fan too, but I grew up with WWF and the Hulkamania era so I never really got the hype about Ric Flair. His first run in WWF with his fued with Savage was pretty good, but in hindsight, he probably should have retired shortly after that in order to save face. Problem is, as was stated above, he spent his money like there was no tomorrow. If I was Vince I would sign him to a legends deal and use him sparingly on t.v. But that's just me.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Whale in a Teardrop
ROH Pure Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Vince took back Hogan after he testified against him in a court of law, and you think he'll care that Flair joined TNA, when Vince probably knows full well Ric is in debt, considering every wrestling fan on the fucking Internet knows?

Ric Flair is a legend, he's a two time Hall of Famer, WWE did business with their nearest rival in-order to get Flair to appear for a total of fifteen minutes at a ceremony and then the next night for two minutes, and you think there needs to be a discussion on whether they want him back or not?

Mack_Swagger, when you think all the stupid questions have been asked, produces another homerun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
WCW TV Champion

George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...George Steele's Barber is getting phone calls from TNA...

You guys kill me with all of the talk about pride and honor. This is wrestling.

Let's get the obvious out the way:

1. Flair can still bring in money
2. Flair still wants/needs to work

While Vince is clearly a proud man, did he really expect Flair to stay out of the ring? Did he really care after all of the extra buys he got from Flair's Retirement "angle" from WM24? Did Vince really want to honor Flair the night after WM24 or did he also have ratings on his mind? Did Flair just work Vince and the fans or did the WWE work the fans as well? Is Vince too proud to take an opportunity to turn this story in to another angle the same way he did the Montreal Screwjob?

Don't act like Vince or the WWE were innocent victims in all of this. They reaped the benefits of the retirement angle and now they have an opportunity to reap more benefits.
GSB Stunning Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Paul Heyman and Paul Giammatti in the same room at the same time and neither have you.
sendpm.gif
Old 10-13-2012, 06:41 PM
WCW World Cruiserweight Champion
Knockout Champion

HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's obvious that bringing Ric Flair back (if only for a couple spots) would be profitable for WWE in several ways.

The Man is the only 2-time WWE Hall of Famer & could clearly get talent over, if not also get himself over again & make WWE some money.

My biggest problem is that Vince would need to sit Flair down & be very clear with Flair about 2 things:
1.) The Man rambles & is getting alot harder to understand. He can't have a mic often & when he does, he will ALWAYS have a time limit.
2.) After the huge send off, he my no means, get's inside the ring for a match. I wouldn't even have him take a bump, he doesn't need to & for the sake of his health & after the Lawler inccident, it wouldn't be worth it.

If Flair agreed to those conditions then I don't see why Flair shouldn't come back for a few appearences or he could even be a FANTASTIC manager today. Also I could easily see him doing some DVD, On-Demand, WWE.com Exclusive, etc. work.
3.)WWE World Champion: Brock Lesnar

Last edited by HBKistheHOF : 10-13-2012 at 06:44 PM.
sendpm.gif