WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Rob Van Dam 8 72.73%
Joey Ryan 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Pain is the name of the game
NWA Champion

It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...It's Damn Real! is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default [Turning Point] RVD (C) v. Joey Ryan [X Division Championship]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turning Point 2012
RVD (C) v. Joey Ryan
TNA X Division Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All discussion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2012, 04:11 AM

BenChillin is looking to come up from OCW...

With a better build, RVD holding the title longer, and Joey Ryan being around longer, this could've been GREAT cause both can wrestle.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 AM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

I see this ending in a DQ win for RVD, and him retaining the belt. Matt Morgan has just returned at Joey Ryan's side, for reasons yet to be explained. We know why he's returned, but his siding with Ryan has yet to be explained, at least to my knowledge.

I don't understand RVD holding the strap in the first place, and while I thought he'ld do something to help prop the division up, that's yet to materialize. He wasn't even on the go-home show for Turning Point, while Morgan and Ryan were, at least in the aspect that Morgan was banned from being in Ryan's corner. Still, I expect a Morgan run-in, a DQ, and the Ryan storyline to continue, at least until he takes the strap from RVD.

RVD is floundering badly in TNA. He's still capable of putting on good matches, and does from time-to-time, but it's been some time since he's been involved in a storyline of some kind. There's been a storyline with Ryan for months now, with Morgan recently included in it. Him gaining the strap would further that storyline, but I don't expect TNA to take the strap off of RVD so soon. He'll retain at Turning Point, likely by DQ, but I expect Ryan to gain the title eventually, if for nothing more then to further the Ryan/Morgan/Hogan storyline.

Last edited by LSN80 : 11-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

Cena's #1 In My Heart sold out
Send a message via MSN to Cena's #1 In My Heart

Real interested in this one. Want to see how Joey Ryan deals with Van Dam in the ring. Van Dam's pretty aggressive and I wanna see if Joey Ryan is aggressive as well.

I don't really see Van Dam dropping the belt here with hardly any mention as champion, but who knows, maybe he's just transitioning us from one heel to another.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is an interesting match up for me. If they had waited a little longer for thhis match I would give it to Joey Ryan. However since RVD just won the title, and I do see him having a ong run with it I am going to say RVD wins with some kind of DQ finish. I think Morgan will get involed, and this time it will just end in RVD getting beat down. RVD keeps the title here.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

This is my pick to open the show and it should be a fun match. As popular as Ryan may be right now, there's no way he is ready for a title reign yet. RVD needs to remain X Division Champion for a while longer so that the importance of the belt can be increased by a former World Champion holding onto the belt with strong retentions. Ryan has title reigns in his future, but it is not his time yet. I don't see the feud continuing after this show, although I would not mind more matches depending on how this one goes.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
RVD will retain the X Division Championship.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I'm not hugely interested in this match, maybe it's because we've ultimately seen so little of what Joey Ryan is capable of. After all, he was dominated in his match against Snow and his brief match against RVD lasted just over a minute. That being said, this match might be the dark horse of the card as I have a feeling it'll ultimately turn out be pretty good.

Ryan's character is a little cartoonish. It kind of feels a bit like Val Venis Lite to me. But, Ryan's doing a good job with the character and it is something that's a little different. He's displayed good mic skills and the one "real match" we've seen of him thus far way back when he faced Austin Aries in the first Gut Check match suggests that he's solid in the ring.

I think RVD will retain the title here. Putting the title on Ryan at this point means nothing because, all in all, Ryan hasn't been built up all that much. He doesn't remotely feel like a threat to RVD right now, so him capturing the title at this point might not do him, RVD or the title itself any good.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 11-10-2012, 12:09 PM
WZPC Grand Slam Champion
WWF Hardcore Champion

Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This one could go either way, RVD could just have won the belt to give it up right away to Joey Ryan but on the other hand Joey Ryan "just" got his contract a month ago, He's not nearly ready to be the champ yet.

Matt Morgan may end up laying out RVD for a DQ or costing him the belt as well, I'm not sold on this yet but my pick is RVD to retain.

Credit to Red Skull for the BLISSful sig.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-10-2012, 01:35 PM

Ovaltine is looking to come up from OCW...

I honestly can't stand RVD. RVD in ECW was amazing, but as soon as he went to the WWF/E he started wrestling the same match over and over and over again. He hasn't been very impressive in TNA either. He stated (sbout two years ago) that he would give AJ Styles the best match of his career and that match isn't even remembered (when you have a bland match against AJ STyles there is a BIG problem) RVD just isn't what he once was. He has been eclipsed by the younger generation who are younger, faster and better. What's amazing to me is that Jerry Lynn (who is older than RVD) can still keep up with the best of them, but RVD can't. Anyway, I'd like to see the belt on Joey Ryan, but the belt needs to be elevated and a one month title reign isn't going to do that. I picked Joey Ryan in the poll, but I know that RVD will retain and he will retain it for a long time. Hulk Hogan and Bisch love RVD they think he's a bigger star than he is. Much in the same way RVD thinks of himself. RVD (like Hardy) is only a big deal if he has the WWE machine backing him. In TNA he's just another guy who is past his prime collecting a paycheck while working a lighter schedule. That's not saying that he doen't have anything to offer- he does, just not at the mainevent level.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Wrestlezone.com
WCW TV Champion

The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...The 1-2-3 Killam scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm glad to see there aren't whiny fans saying that Joey Ryan "needs" to win the title at Turning Point because he "can't afford to lose" at this point in his big push. A good heel can take a loss and work it in his favor. Miz lost the IC Title shortly after winning it; I wouldn't say it's hurt his character or place on the roster any. Fans are going to respond to story-telling and character development, not necessarily wins or losses. If Joey Ryan was a big up-and-coming face rising up the ranks, I would say he very well might "need" a victory. He's a new heel, and not a very high priority one at that. Ryan could lose to Van Dam - clean even - and then have Matt Morgan beat the holy hell out of him. Or Ryan could win the title, and Morgan could beat the holy hell out of him. Either way, I don't see a situation that doesn't involve Morgan's boot, and RVD's face meeting in the center of the ring.
sendpm.gif