WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-02-2015, 11:28 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Matches The Crowd Turned On

So I finally got the WWE Network(for just $9.99) and I went back to watch Wrestlemania 20. I had honestly forgotten about the Goldberg/Lesnar match. The crowd turned on the match pretty much the moment Goldberg came out. Within minutes the crowd was chanting things like "this match sucks" "Goldberg sucks" "you sold out" and the goodbye chant. I personally enjoyed it for all the wrong reasons.

It reminded me of the John Cena/RVD match at One Night Stand in 2006 when the crowd was booing John Cena. And of course you have the yearly crapfest on the Royal Rumble.

So what are some notable examples of the fans turning on a match midmatch that I can watch on the WWE Network? Let's try not to go too much to Cena matches but I expect a few.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:57 AM

KBeef is looking to come up from OCW...

Ill have to give one I was in attendance for.
The night after Wrestle mania 29 at the Izod, Sheamus vs Orton
within minutes the crowd stopped caring and turned on the match completely, and brought some of the best times I had in a crowd.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Follow the Twitter

@DearWrestler is looking to come up from OCW...@DearWrestler is looking to come up from OCW...@DearWrestler is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudlup50 View Post
It reminded me of the John Cena/RVD match at One Night Stand in 2006 when the crowd was booing John Cena. And of course you have the yearly crapfest on the Royal Rumble.
They hardly turned on John Cena. WWE knew what they were doing bringing John Cena to Hammerstein to defend against Rob Van Dam. They even incorporated the anticipated hostile crowd into the story in the weeks building up to it.

A better example would be Batista vs Big Show in the ECW arena. The hell were they thinking?

Old 03-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

HMM Fans turned on many matches in the past if you are considering what WWE expected and what the fans did -

Bret Hart and Lex Luger at the Royal Rumble 1994. Vince wanted to see what the fans wanted but secretly hoped Lex Luger would be the fans chosen one. The WWF had to instill crowed cheers through the sound system to try and make Lex Luger look more popular than he was. Bret won this one though.

Stone Cold V Rock - WM 17 - that was not meant to happen. The crowed were meant to feel so sick at Stone Cold that they would boo him and cheer the Rock. That never happened.

Team DX vs Team Rated RKO - Survivor Series 2006 - DX were meant to be the favourites here but through the whole entrance and match the fans kept chanting "CM PUNK"
Old 03-02-2015, 12:59 PM

KBeef is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonyboyuk2 View Post
HMM Fans turned on many matches in the past if you are considering what WWE expected and what the fans did -

Bret Hart and Lex Luger at the Royal Rumble 1994. Vince wanted to see what the fans wanted but secretly hoped Lex Luger would be the fans chosen one. The WWF had to instill crowed cheers through the sound system to try and make Lex Luger look more popular than he was. Bret won this one though.

Stone Cold V Rock - WM 17 - that was not meant to happen. The crowed were meant to feel so sick at Stone Cold that they would boo him and cheer the Rock. That never happened.

Team DX vs Team Rated RKO - Survivor Series 2006 - DX were meant to be the favourites here but through the whole entrance and match the fans kept chanting "CM PUNK"
1994 I'll give you, but WM17 was in austins home state if they thought he would get booed then they were not in the right mind frame.
2006 CM Punk was in the match so I won't say the fans turned on it they just preferred one guy over the rest of his teammates.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:34 PM

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

Fans turning on The Rock and cheering for Hogan at Wrestlemania 18!!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:56 PM

supernatural1981 is looking to come up from OCW...supernatural1981 is looking to come up from OCW...

Royal rumble 2014 and 2015 once the fans knew Daniel Bryan was not going to either be in or win the match. Both times the crowds turned on the match.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Knockout Champion

JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBeef View Post
within minutes the crowd stopped caring and turned on the match completely, and brought some of the best times I had in a crowd.
I believe that was the first time the "Cotton Candy" chant made it's appearance, and also when Orton looked dumbfounded at the "Randy Savage" chants. It was hilarious.

Although, I'm sure there were many others on here who were personally offended that you guys "went into business for yourselves". Because to them, it's not about having a good time at a show,you should sit there like good little boys and lap up what Creative feeds you.

Val Venis for WWE HOF 2016
Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...Wrestlingaholic is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBeef View Post
Was just going to post this. The very fact that when Big Show ran in for the no contest, the fans starting chanting, "thank you Big Show", says it all
Old 03-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Biker Mama
WCW Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

A few years ago, the MSG network ran a series of WWE matches from the past, a few as far back as the 70's. In one match from 1983 that was apparently considered significant at the time, Jimmy (Superfly) Snuka met Don Muraco.

Although Snuka was a high-flyer and Muraco a rough, tough mat wrestler, the two spent so much time writhing in pain on the mat instead of engaging in combat that the crowd turned on them big time. It was terrible to see so little action in a match between two highly regarded wrestlers. My closed captioning was kicking out expressions I had never seen before: "Crowd boos....and boos some more." (Usually, all you get is "crowd boos" or "mixed boos & cheers")

After about 20 minutes of this, they ended it quickly and seemingly prematurely when Snuka hit his Superfly Smash in a sequence that seemed forced and out of place. Although Snuka was the good guy, the fans booed his win.

Awful.