WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Sausage Farmers
Knockout Champion

ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Favorite Royal Rumble Match!

Royal Rumble since debuting in 1988 has been one of WWE's most important PPVs of the year. At Royal Rumble the buildup to the biggest event of the year (Wrestlemania) starts.

Every year 30 wrestlers compete in a Royal Rumble match (except Royal Rumble 2011) to get a chance to headline Wrestlemania (or get a title match at Wrestlemania since they don't headline anymore).

My favorites would be Royal Rumble 1997, Royal Rumble 2003 and Royal Rumble 2005.

Honorable mentions : Royal Rumble 1999, Royal Rumble 2001 and Royal Rumble 2004.

Which is your favorite Royal Rumble match?

Last edited by ProWrestlingFan : 12-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
ROH Pure Champion

Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...Ruthless-RKO is looking to come up from OCW...

My favorite is easily 1999!! Loved it! The match had 1 big story and that was Austin vs. McMahon!

No one really cared about the match itself even though it was pretty good, it was just about those 2 and when they weren't in the match, we saw the likes of Edge, Road Dogg, HHH put on a good show, with The Undertaker making an appearance to kidnap Mabel and Kane with his problems.. It was really good, also it followed an epic street fight. That's my favorite Rumble match,

Honorable Mention
1998 - Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack at the start was hilarious! Hardcore Rumble, and also the 3 faces of Foley was good and the crowd just waiting for the glass to shatter!
Just when you think you got all the answers....I change the questions...GENIUS!!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 PM

CrazyChicksDigger is looking to come up from OCW...

1992. Flair wins WWF title. Heenan marks out at the end. Gorilla The Mark Monsoon finally has to respect Flair. Post-Match interview from Flair = classic.

You could see the sheer JOY in the faces of Heenan and Perfect -- finally a WWF title picture without a Hulk Hogan.

"... now it's Ric Flair, and y'all pay homage to the man! Wooo!!!! hahaha, I love it! I love it! I love it!"
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 PM

Boourns is looking to come up from OCW...

There's probably other but, the one that springs to mind for me is the 2002 Royal Rumble. Which Triple H one following his return. The main reason is probably Maven eliminating the Undertaker after he dominated the first half of the match only for the Undertaker to pummel everyone in sight and whoop Maven's ass all around the arena, including smashing his head through a popcorn dispenser and then eating a handful of popcorn whilst a bloody and hungry Maven looked on.

The actual PPV was pretty good too and the whole event had a good mix of guys from the late 80s and WCW and guys from the Attitude Era.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2012, 01:38 PM
The Great Gazby
Ring of Honor Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

1997 is quite an underrated one, I think, and 1992 is vastly overrated, but I think the best for me is 2001. It had all of the elements you look for in a great Royal Rumble - a win against all odds, a totally dominant run from one guy in Kane, a great house clearing from The Rock and then just lots of nice little bits - Honky Tonk Man getting twatted with the guitar, Drew Carey eliminating himself, all the hardcore people going mental for a while - it was just a really well booked match.

sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

avi01 is looking to come up from OCW...

2001 Royal Rumble...entertaining from start to finish. There was it`s hardcore portion with Raven and co, kane`s amazing run, The Honky Tonk Man surprise, The Rock, Undertaker , Stone Cold among others. HHH was also involved as he attacked Austin before he could enter the match...superb action all round.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM
WWE World Heavyweight Champion
Knockout Champion

HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...HBKistheHOF is looking to come up from OCW...

This is a very good & hard question. Not only is the Rumble a classic & one of the big 4, but it is usually known for delivering pretty well over the years.

First off, I'd like to give an honorable mention to last years, Royal Rumble 2012. Not only did it have a solid Rumble match with a logical, swerve finish at the end but it had the best championship matches & undercard for a Rumble in several years IMO.

Also I agree that the 1992 Rumble is HIGHLY overrated. Don't get me wrong, it was a great rumble but I've heard people claim it as "the greatest PPV ever" or "the greatest match ever". I don't think I'd even call it the best rumble.

I really enjoyed 93 with Bret/Razor & HBK/Jannetty. 2005 had a very good rumble & solid undercard. Also, i believe it was 1991? that Rude, Perfect, & Hogan were left at the end, classic rumble! And even though it had a Double Count out ending, the Last Man Standing match between HBK/HHH at 2004 was amazing!

But I think I would have to go with the 1998 Royal Rumble! The best Rumble main event ever IMO, featuring HBK & Taker in the casket match that almost ended Shawn's career. & the classic 3 faces of Foley is still one of the most memorable rumble moments to date.

Honorable Mention:
2011: Just for Bryan & Punk starting the rumble & Morrisons ridiculous hand stand!
2010: One of the best overall rumbles in the last decade. Also HBK's last rumble.
3.)Sami Zayn
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM

KingOfKings249 is looking to come up from OCW...

I love the Rumble. It's my favorite match and PPV (that and WrestleMania). Can't choose one.
1992, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, and 2011

Honorable Mentions:
- 1996, intersting fact how every Kliq member appeared during the rumble (Scott Hall/Razor Ramon making a run in)
- 2012, I liked it. But it wasn't anything special. Only great thing was seeing Y2J and Road Dogg back in the match
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2012, 03:02 PM

Moneyinc is looking to come up from OCW...

Can't believe no one has mentioned the 1990 royal rumble. I am definitely partial to the ones from 1988-1992 because the list of talent, but the 1990 royal rumbles start was one of the best ever. So many great guys come out within the first 10 draws. Debiase, Jannety, Jake the Snake, Macho man, Bret Hart, Roddy Piper. Haven't really seen a rumble crowd go that crazy, at least during that era.

I'm watching this rumble now actually thanks to youtube. Bushwackers vs Rogeau boys(who I barely remember). Had to fast forward that match. Watched the end of the Barber Beefcake hair cut match vs the Genius and Mr Perfect saves the day. Attacks Beefcake while Beefcake is holding the scissors, and hits him with an awesome perfect plex. Then they proceed to break his ribs with the chair. There have been great promos already with Debiase talking about drawing the number 1 pick, and Mr Perfect drawing the 30th. Also Macho Man delivers one of his many classic promos. I think he is easily the best/funniest promo shooters ever. Warrior has a classic promos well with the vitage "stack all these men on top of eachother and they won't amount to the warrior" line.

But yea the rumble itself doesn't disappoint with not only the great order in the rumble but a nice finish with Hogan vs Warrior for the first time and Hogan vs Perfect at the end.

Last edited by Moneyinc : 12-09-2012 at 03:06 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Just Do It is looking to come up from OCW...

1992 by a mile, with Flair coming face to face with the folks from all the former territories (NWA, WCCW, Georgia, St Louis...) It was brilliant.