WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-02-2012, 11:53 AM

gwarren is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Thoughts on Sin Cara's Return

Last night on SD, we saw the return of the "international sensation" Sin Cara, here's what I though:

GOOD
1. Love the new red outfit, makes him look less cartoony and somewhat more serious
2. He dropped the trampoline entrance, the bouncing of the ropes/front roll will be far easier to execute, as nobody needs to awkwardly wait under the ring with a mini trampoline.
3. His kicks sounded better, every hit on Slater looked painful

BAD
1. His finisher needs to be a submission, wrench the opponents arm when he hits the mat, otherwise it just looks plain boring. Also, submission wins will make him look more powerful (see Daniel Bryan)
2. We STILL have the "mood lighting". It annoys me, you can't see all the moves clearly and it doesn't add anything to the match.
3. The commentators were using the same commentary lines they used for his debut, he needs to move on with him gimmick.

What do you think?
Old 06-02-2012, 12:02 PM
The Sensational One

JaceEvans is looking to come up from OCW...JaceEvans is looking to come up from OCW...

God I hate the mood lighting! It remends me of Glacier from WCW except without the "snow". If the WWE really wants me to take him seriouslly then drop it but I suspect this character isn't designed for me..
Old 06-02-2012, 12:59 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

RD_21 is looking to come up from OCW...RD_21 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm a big fan of Mistico and never saw him botched anything before being in WWE so his opponents knowing how to take his moves is key here and Slater clearly know how to sell and take move from this style of wrestling so it made a good match.

The light needs to go. It's funny because in Canada The Scores his showing WWE Vintage before Smackdown! and I just realised that when Kane started he had red light when he was doing his fight/match or at least he had it against Scott Taylor.

For the finisher, it's usually a submission move if you know him. The Mistica look awesome and I agree with you it should be a submission move.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't kiss nice!

Darkdarkdays is looking to come up from OCW...

I've never really understood WWEs thought process when it comes to masked Mexican/Spanish/Latino wrestlers....There is a whole wealth of talent out there waiting to be signed and made into a superstar, yet WWE seem to think that having only 1 masked wrestler on the roster at a time is a good idea.
I know we currently have Rey and Sin Cara, but Sin Cara is there to replace Rey when he retires or gets fired (unless Sin Cara screws up again)

Ultimately,we will end up with one luchador style wrestler and no one else capable of having a good match with them...which is why I think Sin Cara's character will never move forward or progress beyond a mid-carder.

I completely agree with what gwarren said, keep his image but change his move set and make him more accommodating to the rest of the roster, while retaining some of his aerobatic flair.

Maybe someone should show him some old tapes of Vampiro/Super Crazy and La Parka
sendpm.gif
Old 06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Kizzani
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...

Anyone who has ever spent one day in a wrestling school in Mexico you would know the execution of moves is faster and more dificult. Their style is quick paced no stop action. Is isn't the WWE version of laying on the mat awaiting your beating.

Heath Slater did a great job selling the match and preforming with Sin Cara, too bad for sin Cara the WWE roster is not filled with great talent that can move that fast. On a side note Heath Slaters promo on Back stage fallout shows why he is never going to get out of the crappy hole he is in.

I like the New Look also and enjoy the finisher. I personally don't think it needs to be a submission to finish. and I disagree highly that Bryan looks powerful, no matter what he uses.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Knockout Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

i wasn't that impressed but i have never been that impressed with him. i noticed they changed his entrance which is interesting and they changed his costume which kind of makes that while Blue vs Black angle seem dumb since he is now in red. maybe it is just that he has to slow down his style to work in the States but i really don't care for him.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-02-2012, 04:13 PM
United States Champion

The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...The Brain is getting phone calls from TNA...

I haven't been a big fan of Sin Cara. All the flips and high spots were cool when cruiser weights started doing them in the states about 15 years ago but I need more than just a few high spots to care about somebody now. I don't really dislike him. He's just an afterthought to me. I want to see him in an actual angle against someone like Rhodes or Ziggler. I know he just came back so that isn't going to happen immediately but we've already seen him agains the Heath Slaters of WWE. I just hope he gets an actual storyline soon instead of just going out there to perform his flashy moves under the annoying lighting agaist low card guys. Hopefully a better one than the imposter Sin Cara angle. I hope he is a success because WWE desperately needs more mid card faces. I'm just not impressed yet.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM
AJ Lee calls me everynight!!
WCW TV Champion

Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Agree with the Brain i really haven't dug into sin cara!! I like him okay enough but the flips were cool about 15 years ago when the cruiserweights were the shit! I wanna also see him in an actual storyline not go against the heath slaters of the WWE!!

But i do have hope he can be a good mid card guy but time will tell! Maybe when rey rey gets back they can have a match that be cool i think!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm may be in the majority, but I actually didn't really care for the new ring attire. I'm glad he got away from the blue and gold..but I just didn't really care for the white and red mix.

Definitely glad to see his entrance simplified. Being a high flyer, reducing any chance of him botching his entrance greatly decreases the chance of people being taken out of the match before it even starts.

I thought he looked a lot more fluid, and comfortable in the ring against Slater. Now, whether much of that falls on working with Slater, as opposed a larger opponent, or whether or not he's really been trying to work out the kinks in his offense remains to be seen, but he still looked really good.

The problem I have with the finisher is that, while it's flashy with the head scissors, it still looks rather low impact overall. We've seen the head scissors used a million times over, and it's never been a real game changer of a move, so it's hard to sell as a finisher, even if you are putting a bit of an arm bar in to the mix. Being as high flying as he is, his finisher needs to be as high impact, flashy, but safe as possible. It's what one thing that will make the crowd not only anticipate his matches, but keep them invested in through out.

I'll be interested to see, once he's in the ring with an opponent where he really needs to sell their offense, how well he does at selling moves. It's a difficult thing to really sell well, when you are completely hidden behind a mask. Facial expressions are such a huge part of effective selling, and it's an aspect he's working without, so he's going to have to use body language in a very effective manner.

My biggest worry at this point is where do he go from here? SmackDown doesn't have an abundance of talent that's really geared towards working with someone like Sin Cara. I'd love to see him in ring with Tyson Kidd or Justin Gabriel, as I think it would really get the fans interested in him, to see him in the ring with true, quality high flyers.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I haven't really been into Sin Cara. I did like the new outfit, and would love to see a feud with Rey, but like The Brain said, the flips and stuff were cool 15 years ago. He needs to adapt his style a little bit, and I liked the idea of him using submission finisher. It's not that I hate him, he has just been a non factor for me.
sendpm.gif