WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-23-2012, 09:35 AM

TimeIsWasting is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Why do people love Daniel Bryan?

I understand that Daniel Bryan can wrestle, but lets be honest.......that is it. I am tired of forums being saturated in Daniel Bryan crap. Why is it that people really like this guy? I mean seriously this is what a world champion looks like and talks like now? I know he is not the champ, but he was. I think a lot of it really does have to do with the underdog angle that they have used for him earlier. He was probably somebody who got picked on and had no life, so he decided to wrestle. The fans take to him because they are a lot like him and they want to have hope that someone like them can achieve greatness. The problem is Bryan will never achieve greatness. He is a footnote and nothing more. So I'm asking anybody to explain to me why you all love him so much? I need to understand.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeIsWasting View Post
I understand that Daniel Bryan can wrestle, but lets be honest.......that is it. I am tired of forums being saturated in Daniel Bryan crap.
And yet you make a Daniel Bryan thread? Intriguing.

Quote:
Why is it that people really like this guy?
I reckon that people like him for his in-ring ability and what he has done throughout ROH and now in WWE.

Quote:
I mean seriously this is what a world champion looks like and talks like now?
So what does a world champion suppose to look and talk like?

Quote:
I know he is not the champ, but he was. I think a lot of it really does have to do with the underdog angle that they have used for him earlier.
Hasn't been the first time that's happened.

Quote:
He was probably somebody who got picked on and had no life, so he decided to wrestle. The fans take to him because they are a lot like him and they want to have hope that someone like them can achieve greatness. The problem is Bryan will never achieve greatness. He is a footnote and nothing more. So I'm asking anybody to explain to me why you all love him so much? I need to understand.
Why will he never achieve greatness? I'm curious.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 AM
(No, not Becca)
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

First of all, I want to express my awe at you. That a true adonis such as yourself would grace us with your presence is-- well, I said it already; awe-inspiring. As you sit there - all six foot eight and two hundred plus pounds of chiselled muscle of you, pink polo shirt choking your bulging, Hogan-esque pythons - I can understand why you might not be particularly enthused with Daniel Bryan. But if you want to stop fucking that perfect ten for five seconds, lay down your barbells and your tanning lotion, I'll attempt to explain it to you.

Daniel Bryan is very important to plebs like us. We don't like him because he's a fantastic wrestler who's had fantastic matches. Though our interest might seem to correlate with how hard WWE has pushed him - we've been discussing a wrestler who's been competing for either of the world titles for the last half year - it is not. You might point to how nobody gave a fuck when he was in obscurity, but care now that he's been pushed up the card, won a world championship and got the word "yes" over as a catchphrase. You'd be wrong. No, please don't strike me - I beg your forgiveness.

We like Daniel Bryan because we're all ninety pound wisps of "men" with bad skin. We like Daniel Bryan because we also like Dungeons & Dragons, chess, and avoiding the sun. We like Daniel Bryan because we were also born genetically impure and have latched on to some dweeb that reflects us. Obviously, he wasn't bullied hard enough, am I right?

Now that's a fucking wrestler. Someone you can relate to - so long as you're not some basement-dwelling nerd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Besides the Hangover, Ted is the funniest movie I've ever seen. No lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Would you rather have someone punch you in the face or have someone shake their dick in your face?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
And yet you make a Daniel Bryan thread? Intriguing.

Time response. It is isn't. Mainly cause I want it to stop is why? I have to understand the madness

I reckon that people like him for his in-ring ability and what he has done throughout ROH and now in WWE.

Time response. Sure in-ring-ability that has to be it, cause there is nothing more.

So what does a world champion suppose to look and talk like?

Time response. When I think of World Champions, I don't think of midgets that's for sure. I think of bigger stronger guys, or at least if they are smaller they have mic skills. I'm sure you going to give me different examples of small champions and none of them should of held the World Titles.

Hasn't been the first time that's happened.

Time response. You are correct it is not the first time. However, it is old and it is not believable.

Why will he never achieve greatness? I'm curious.
Time responese. He will never achieve greatness because even people that love him know that he is just a footnote in wrestling. He doesn't have all the intangibles to be great. He has in-ring ability, but he lacks in size,charisma,and mic skills. Also, he has one of the dumbest catch-phrases.......if that's what you want to call it ever. It just shows how stupid wrestling fans are. They don't know what they are chanting for. Sorry for not posting properly, just started doing this.

Last edited by TimeIsWasting : 05-23-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: messed up post
sendpm.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Whale in a Teardrop
Million Dollar Champion

The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Dragon Saga is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Why like Daniel Bryan. Well, I say we pose a survey.

Can Daniel Bryan wrestle to a level not very many can?

Can Daniel Bryan cut a good promo despite the fact when he joined WWE smarks who disliked his hyped persona saying that he was "boring" and was incapable of doing so despite him being one of the microphone workers Ring of Honor had?

Can Daniel Bryan intrigue people and get them interested in his detiriorating relationship with the unstable AJ? And more-so, how such a once kind, gentle soul could stoop to such lows in the way he has treated her?

Do people somewhat relate to Daniel Bryan because of his career thus far. He is a "nobody" who was simply an "Internet darling" turned somebody with a catchphrase that has blown up into the high heavens. Do we even need to use a question mark when answering this?

Do people have a vested interest in Daniel Bryan, so much so that when he won Money in the Bank they popped as if CM Punk had just kicked Vince McMahon's head and so much so that during WrestleMania weekend and throughout WrestleMania all you heard was:

Do I rest my case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunKay C. Cobblepot View Post
Could Dragon Saga stop being so right all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlertainment, Inc. View Post
Dragon Saga is better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM

Hey Dragon Saga, You are entitled to your opinion. I guess that is what you see. I totally disagree. I still think it is because he is a loser who is followed by losers. People can relate to him being a loser. Is that a fact? YES YES YES YES YES YES YES Also, good mic skills? really? your kidding right, that statement is just for arguments sake? As far as his pop in the MITB match that was only because of who he was going against, not any of his doing. I'll give ya the in-ring ability is great and he is at a higher level than most in the company. Uhh, you bring up a storyline with a girl......nuff said.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

Quote:
Time responese. He will never achieve greatness because even people that love him know that he is just a footnote in wrestling. He doesn't have all the intangibles to be great. He has in-ring ability, but he lacks in size,charisma,and mic skills. Also, he has one of the dumbest catch-phrases.......if that's what you want to call it ever. It just shows how stupid wrestling fans are. They don't know what they are chanting for. Sorry for not posting properly, just started doing this.
1. I've heard worse catchphrases from better wrestlers. Daniel Bryan's is far from the worst.

2. Shawn Michaels has been dubbed one of the greatest ever and was billed to be only 15 pounds heavier and he's only three inches taller than Bryan. Same goes with Bret Hart and Chris Jericho.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 AM

You can't compare HBK,Bret Hart,and Chris Jericho to Daniel Bryan. Where they are smaller guys as well. They are all total packages. They have mic skills, in ring ability, and charisma. I knew you would bring up people that are in a much higher league than Bryan.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 AM
(No, not Becca)
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Mrs. KB is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jerry Lawler View Post
2. Shawn Michaels has been dubbed one of the greatest ever and was billed to be only 15 pounds heavier and he's only three inches taller than Bryan. Same goes with Bret Hart and Chris Jericho.
There was another little guy. He was, like, sort of tanned, pretty muscular, had a fair few tattoos. He held the world title a few times and the WWE Championship once or twice. Had a sort of Mexican sounding name. What was his name?

Oh yeah, that's right - Dave fucking Batista. And he wasn't one of those piddly runts like Shawn Michaels or Chris Jericho (who?), he was one of those fucking man mountains. Proper men. Proper champions. Smaller men have been winning titles for decades now? Get to fuck! He watched television, drank soda, ate steak, and wasn't one of those fucking nerds. He probably picked on the scrawny kids and gave them swirlies and wedgies and Chinese burns - he was a cool dude like that.

You ever see Daniel Bryan wear sunglasses indoors? Nope. Know why? Because he ain't a real man like my boy Brotista. Fucking winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
Besides the Hangover, Ted is the funniest movie I've ever seen. No lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Would you rather have someone punch you in the face or have someone shake their dick in your face?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 AM
moneywomenliquorhelladrug s
ECW TV Champion

Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Noticeably F.A.T.

Quote:
Hey Dragon Saga, You are entitled to your opinion. I guess that is what you see. I totally disagree. I still think it is because he is a loser who is followed by losers. People can relate to him being a loser. Is that a fact? YES YES YES YES YES YES YES Also, good mic skills? really? your kidding right, that statement is just for arguments sake? As far as his pop in the MITB match that was only because of who he was going against, not any of his doing. I'll give ya the in-ring ability is great and he is at a higher level than most in the company. Uhh, you bring up a storyline with a girl......nuff said.
His opinion is well informed and articulated, your opinion is just a bunch of hearsay garbage with no basis in reality. So yes, while technically everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you have done nothing to show that yours is worth listening to.

DB is perfectly fine with a microphone in his hands. The goal of cutting promos and spouting catchphrases is to get the crowd to react to you. Hasn't he done that extremely well?

(Sorry, Dragon.)

He doesn't sound forced, he doesn't sound like he's reading from a sheet of paper, and his mic work has gotten him over with the casual crowd. That's the entire point of cutting promos.

I like Daniel Bryan because he is a good professional wrestler. He's only lacking one thing in the grand scheme of things, the same as Punk, which is size. He is a good talker and a good worker. He's gotten me to care about what he does. What more is there?
sendpm.gif