WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > The 1st WrestleZone Forums Election
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
WZCW's Mr Excitement
WWE European Champion

a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via AIM to a0161613 Send a message via MSN to a0161613 Send a message via Skype™ to a0161613

I dont feel he has changed much. Certainly I doubt many people will change their votes. He just pointed out their shortcomings in his own fashion and that's perhaps the kind of approach that the three in this election could consider if they wish to win.

He had to point out their negatives, it's his job as admin to know the negative and positive aspects of everyone who goes on staff.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Half Man Half Biscuit
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Chess is looking to come up from OCW...Chess is looking to come up from OCW...

It should have showed people that voting for Coco is and probably always was a waste of time. We all know that he likes to act like the big cock on these forums but perhaps now we have the reason.

Dagger stays in a similar if not better position then before. People may dislike him but at no point did Sly mention that he would not do a good job and therefore perhaps he thinks he could/would be an OK choice. Who really gives two shits about trust on these forums anyway? It's not like we are sharing our inner most thoughts and feelings. Well apart from Milenko.

As for Crock, although he does seem to be begging for the job I feel that his desire and motivation to try be the best mod he can gives him a good shot and may even swing my voting position.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
What's the craic?
WWE European Champion

FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...FitFinlay4Life is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think what Sly has done is remove some of the ambiguity about the election:

There has been a running argument over the need for a Spam mod and he has flat out said 'No, we don't!'
Coco has used Sly as the be all, end all example of why trolling is good and yet Sly has come straight out and criticized how he can't refrain from this exact character trait.
Finally, he has come right out and asked what his true motives are.

He hasn't really picked out anything that has come to light from Crock throughout the election process (implying that his campaign has been very nondescript) and taken us behind the curtain to reveal that Crock appears to have Dagger like traits regarding his desire to become moderator. He asks him the logical question then? Why the desperation for the post?

Dagger, he cuts through all the schematics of Mr Dias' criticisms and hits at the true heart of the issue - trust.

Basically, he has hit Coco and Dagger with their biggest flaws from the campaign and hit Crock with something we have not been aware with as he has been a passenger in the election. What gives it extra bite is that neither parties or candidates can resort to insulting the competitors so there is no camouflage to hide behind. Their answers are only about them and, as such, they are naked to the scrutiny of everyone who has read them.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
semi-retired from WZ
ECW TV Champion

Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitFinlay4Life View Post
Coco has used Sly as the be all, end all example of why trolling is good and yet Sly has come straight out and criticized how he can't refrain from this exact character trait.
That is actually an excellent point. Sly the brilliant troll and Sly the Admin are two different things entirely. Sly is like Vincent K. McMahon CEO/Mr. McMahon the heel character. Dual personalities, depending on if he is acting behind the scenes running the forums or as a poster just trying to antagonize people for the fun of it. I have never seen Sly allow his posting style to interfere with his role as Admin. There is a separation between the two there.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered User
Mr. Money in the Bank

JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...

No.

It's still very much the same election. Coco handled his question lightheartedly, Dagger looked like a fool, and Crock was very diplomatic, but not very flashy.

This debate will prove how the candidates can handle intense scrutiny and criticism. Dagger's already proved he can't handle it, so it's a toss up between Crock and Coco.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Undisputed WWE Champion

X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...X is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via AIM to X Send a message via MSN to X

Have I mentioned before just how fucking dumb this entire election thing is to begin with? Very glad I had nothing to do with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam View Post
Women crying with blood all over them. Just how I like them.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
A Jock That Loves Pepsi
WWF Hardcore Champion

CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfearbefore View Post
Have I mentioned before just how fucking dumb this entire election thing is to begin with? Very glad I had nothing to do with this.
This.
I thought you were dead. Good to see you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
Go get me a fucking Pepsi, you wanker.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Scientific Skeptic
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...SalvIsWin worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It seems like there is at least a few people who are taking this election seriously or think that it matters in some way. I assume the topic is about the two posts Slyfox made in the thread where he asked each candidate a question? Assuming that, my comment would be, it seems like Slyfox shit on each of them pretty bad. As someone who hasn't followed any of this whatsoever, my immediate thought was that no one seemed like they should win regardless.

My point is, it seems like an odd strategy to make every candidate look like shit and say that even if they received enough votes they still might not become a moderator. As far as I know this was Slyfox's idea, so I don't really understand why he would want to trivialize the process and candidates. It would be like a game developer releasing a video game and then trashing it in preview interviews, seems like it goes against their best interest.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
semi-retired from WZ
ECW TV Champion

Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...Davi323 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvIsWin View Post
My point is, it seems like an odd strategy to make every candidate look like shit and say that even if they received enough votes they still might not become a moderator. As far as I know this was Slyfox's idea, so I don't really understand why he would want to trivialize the process and candidates. It would be like a game developer releasing a video game and then trashing it in preview interviews, seems like it goes against their best interest.
Sly and KB made it clear before the election started that they would ultimately have the final say as to whether the elected mod actually gets to be one, if they thought that the candidate was not taking the election or the position seriously. At no point was this election a completely 100% democratic process.

It's not just about making the candidates look like shit, I am reasonably sure that part of it is to see how the candidates respond, whether they take the blunt criticism in stride, lash back at Sly, etc. because mods get shit on daily by angry posters who get pissed off because of infractions, threads being moved/deleted, etc. It's entirely possible that Sly wants to gauge how they react to criticism directly from him as a test of their composure.
Or he could just be fucking with them.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Reaper of Miracles
World Heavyweight Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davi323 View Post
Sly and KB made it clear before the election started that they would ultimately have the final say as to whether the elected mod actually gets to be one, if they thought that the candidate was not taking the election or the position seriously. At no point was this election a completely 100% democratic process.

It's not just about making the candidates look like shit, I am reasonably sure that part of it is to see how the candidates respond, whether they take the blunt criticism in stride, lash back at Sly, etc. because mods get shit on daily by angry posters who get pissed off because of infractions, threads being moved/deleted, etc. It's entirely possible that Sly wants to gauge how they react to criticism directly from him as a test of their composure.
Or he could just be fucking with them.
I think it's a little of both. Remember the D-Man Sucks thread that was created not too long ago by an angry poster? Imagine if that thread was for Dagger... probably would not have gone over as well.
sendpm.gif