WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > The 1st WrestleZone Forums Election
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Dagger Dias's Avatar
Dagger Dias Dagger Dias is offline
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lorule
Age: 31
Posts: 8,630
Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
If anything has been made abundantly clear throughout this election, it's been that you will say anything you think people want to hear. You will say whatever you think will get you votes. In my opinion, that makes you a "Yes Man", someone who will go along with whatever those with power say, in order to move up and gain more power of your own.

I don't want a "Yes Man". I want an independent thinker, who has the gonads to stand up for something, even if they are the only person who feels that way. I want someone with a backbone, and I don't think that's you.

Explain to the voters why they should elect a "Yes Man".
I believe in management structure. The Admins get the final say in decisions here, while I would only be a regular mod if I join staff. I respect the fact that Admins as well as G-Mods will outrank me. If they ask me to do something, I should do it. I also respect the fact that the other mods will have seniority over me. As the new guy I would respect my standing and not question the others unless I truly felt someone was wrong about something. However, if I feel that something is truly wrong, I'd stand up for myself or whoever is being treated wrong. There is a difference between respecting your superiors and blindly following orders like a "Yes Man". I respect my superiors and do what is asked, but if I am asked to do something that I do not agree with or feel would be wrong, then I'd discuss it with the others involved. Perhaps other solutions can be thought of. You said so yourself that you want someone who has the guts to share how they truly feel about something. I am not afraid of being honest about my thoughts.

I can seem like a "Yes Man" at times. I see that as a good thing though. I am a loyal team player and will do what is asked of me if I become mod, just like in jobs in the real world. Those who work well with their teammates and leaders are the ones who are likely to get more accomplished. The forum members should vote for me despite seeming like a "Yes Man" because I can get the job done.
__________________
Come join the best section on the forum WrestleZone Championship Wrestling! You know you want to!



"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
  #32  
Old 01-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Coco's Avatar
Coco Coco is offline
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PLANET PEACOCK
Age: 9
Posts: 1,297
Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Question for Coco

3. I think anyone who has taken even a moment to consider believes you won't stay on Staff long. Maybe you'll get bored with it in a week's time. Maybe a couple of months. Hell, perhaps you just piss too many people off, I don't know. You and I have already had issues, and we haven't even gotten to the voting portion of the election yet. I think 6 months on Staff would be considered a massive achievement for you.

Both Crock and Dagger are people I truly believe want to be a mod, and are not just doing it for the giggles. Explain why you should take a moderator spot away from people who actually want to be there, and are not just doing it for the "lulz".
Look at the positives:
1) I'm definitely an independent thinker.
2) I'm not a try-hard.

Looking past the perception that I'm in this for the lulz, something that mostly comes down to the assumptions of others and hasn't been proven, I reckon I'm everything you want in a mod. If people really want the best man for the job, then surely that's me. Isn't that the bottom line?
  #33  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Slyfox696's Avatar
Slyfox696 Slyfox696 is offline
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 33
Posts: 5,886
Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crock View Post
There is absolutely no reason to worry about that. While I may be a try-hard, I'm no moron. I won't go around infracting/warning just for the sake of doing it. I will do whatever I can to be a great moderator and to make your job easier. I could understand why you would think I'd go and infract people to prove I was fit for the job, but that'd be a quick trip straight out of the Board Room. I certainly won't hesitate to discipline rule breakers, but I won't go after random people to put another notch in my belt, or anything of the sort.

I plan to take my job seriously, in no way would I abuse my powers.
No no, you completely misunderstood me. That mediocre poster thing is coming back to haunt you.

I didn't say you would give false Discipline because of an e-ego, I said you would do it because you would be incompetent at figuring out what should go or not, and so you would just do delete/infract everything. Since you're a try-hard, you'd want to make sure you were doing your job, but your judgment would be poor, causing me more work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
I believe in management structure. The Admins get the final say in decisions here, while I would only be a regular mod if I join staff. I respect the fact that Admins as well as G-Mods will outrank me. If they ask me to do something, I should do it. I also respect the fact that the other mods will have seniority over me. As the new guy I would respect my standing and not question the others unless I truly felt someone was wrong about something.
*yawn*

This is what I was talking about when I said you would say anything you think people want to hear.

Quote:
However, if I feel that something is truly wrong, I'd stand up for myself or whoever is being treated wrong.
You think we treat people unfairly here?

Quote:
There is a difference between respecting your superiors and blindly following orders like a "Yes Man". I respect my superiors and do what is asked, but if I am asked to do something that I do not agree with or feel would be wrong, then I'd discuss it with the others involved. Perhaps other solutions can be thought of. You said so yourself that you want someone who has the guts to share how they truly feel about something. I am not afraid of being honest about my thoughts.
Recent evidence says otherwise. In the JGlass thread, it went hundreds of posts until you responded. And then, when you did respond, your first sentence was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
I have not and will not, for that matter, be responding to JGlass' thread.
How is that displaying the backbone to stand up to someone you feel has wronged you? It took nearly a week for you to finally speak up in your own defense. Why did it take you so long? I can only assume because you thought if you responded, it would make you look like a "bad guy", which would then cause people not to vote for you.

You say you stand up for what's right and what you believe in, but recent evidence tells us otherwise. How do you explain the contradiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco The Monkey View Post
Look at the positives:
1) I'm definitely an independent thinker.
2) I'm not a try-hard.
I'd rather look for an answer to my question. You're dangerously close to violating the "you will not call out the other candidates" rule of this debate.

Quote:
Looking past the perception that I'm in this for the lulz
A perception I think many have, and one you have even endeavored to foster.

Quote:
something that mostly comes down to the assumptions of others and hasn't been proven
I would argue most of your comments throughout the election would be amble evidence to this assumption. Are you saying it is untrue?

Quote:
I reckon I'm everything you want in a mod. If people really want the best man for the job, then surely that's me. Isn't that the bottom line?
It is, but if I were voting, I'd want the best man for the job, who will remain the best man for the job longer than a week. Any person who is only going to do their job for a week is not the best man for the job. If I were voting in this election, I'd want someone who will be committed to the position long-term, not just until they no longer think it's extraordinarily fun to be there.

Putting unforeseen emergencies aside, are you someone who will be committed to a moderator spot long-term, and not just until you're no longer enjoying the glow of the bold user name and wish to take part in the Staff Retirement package?
sendpm.gif
  #34  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:52 AM
The Crock's Avatar
The Crock The Crock is offline
WOO!
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,644
The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...
Default

I wouldn't do that. There's no point in doing the job wrong. If I was having a hard time grasping what's deletable/infractable and what's not, I would (at the very least) ask for some clarification. Although, I don't believe that will be a problem. Don't get me wrong, I won't instantly be a great moderator, but I plan on learning quickly and catching up to the rest of staff as soon as possible.
sendpm.gif
  #35  
Old 01-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Dagger Dias's Avatar
Dagger Dias Dagger Dias is offline
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lorule
Age: 31
Posts: 8,630
Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
You think we treat people unfairly here?
The staff members don't. At least to my knowledge they do not. If someone on staff did anything I disagreed with I'd either contact them or mention it in the Board Room. Offensive things happen between regular members though, and if I saw something I believed was unfair I wouldn't just sweep it under the rug. It needs to be dealt with so those who were wronged will still feel comfortable posting here. Whether it be something as small as messaging the hurt individual with some words of encouragement or getting involved in the discussion myself, I would do what I felt was right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
How is that displaying the backbone to stand up to someone you feel has wronged you? It took nearly a week for you to finally speak up in your own defense. Why did it take you so long? I can only assume because you thought if you responded, it would make you look like a "bad guy", which would then cause people not to vote for you.
I was trying to be the mature one by ignoring it. It came off as them trying to anger me to the point where I'd lose it and post a rage-filled word fort, or a Verbal RKO as I jokingly call it. There was no point in me entering that thread, haters are going to hate no matter what I do. My focus was on the debate and I didn't want to get bogged down in all the useless drama. Others had advised me to avoid it and I took that advice until I was informed of how personal the attacks got. Still refusing to paint a target onto myself by entering that thread, I created a new topic where I placed my response. I'm not jumping into enemy territory. There's having a backbone and then there's stupidity. Dealing with drama by talking trash is a waste of time. Any issue someone has with me can be discussed in PM's. It's more mature that way anyhow and we are (for the most part) adults here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
You say you stand up for what's right and what you believe in, but recent evidence tells us otherwise. How do you explain the contradiction?
If it's just a few guys being annoying.... I am not afraid to stand up to them. However when dozens were all but crucifying me in that thread, I never gave in to their hurtful remarks with an angry response. I addressed each issue and did it politely. I feel that I handled the situation fairly maturely, and came out of it with my desire to win this contest being as strong as ever. Most people would have gone berserk and left. I didn't. In fact, I maintained my calm and got right back up. I will never give up and still want the opportunity to become the next mod.
__________________
Come join the best section on the forum WrestleZone Championship Wrestling! You know you want to!



"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
  #36  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Coco's Avatar
Coco Coco is offline
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: PLANET PEACOCK
Age: 9
Posts: 1,297
Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
A perception I think many have, and one you have even endeavored to foster.

I would argue most of your comments throughout the election would be amble evidence to this assumption. Are you saying it is untrue?
Am I?

Quote:
It is, but if I were voting, I'd want the best man for the job, who will remain the best man for the job longer than a week. Any person who is only going to do their job for a week is not the best man for the job. If I were voting in this election, I'd want someone who will be committed to the position long-term, not just until they no longer think it's extraordinarily fun to be there.

Putting unforeseen emergencies aside, are you someone who will be committed to a moderator spot long-term, and not just until you're no longer enjoying the glow of the bold user name and wish to take part in the Staff Retirement package?
I want to say yes, but the truth is probably the opposite.

How's that for honesty?

At least it'll be a fun week.
  #37  
Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Slyfox696's Avatar
Slyfox696 Slyfox696 is offline
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Missouri
Age: 33
Posts: 5,886
Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco The Monkey View Post
Am I?
Are you?

Quote:
I want to say yes, but the truth is probably the opposite.

How's that for honesty?
I would say your honesty might be a warning sign for those who wish to vote for you. Then again, it might seem a refreshing change to have a candidate speak honestly about the fact they aren't sure what their future will hold.

I guess what it comes down to is voters weighing your honesty against if they want to elect a moderator they can be sure will be there for a long time to come.
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices