WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-04-2011, 08:46 PM

loojceeb is looking to come up from OCW...
Default WWE Finishers/Signature Moves

So I know there have been a few threads that talks about finishers and such but this topic is going to be much deeper.

There are three questions, you can answer all one, two, or all three.

First Question:

Who do you think has the worst finisher/signature move now days in the WWE?

Second Question:
Almost all of WWE superstars' finisher have a name, which one is the worst that you've seen and what would you change it to?

Third Question: There are also WWE superstars who doesn't have original finishers, they either took it from former stars or takes the finisher from another star that is not using it anymore. For example, Heath Slater used to use the "Zig Zag" as his finisher and then he changed it into the "Lie detector" then now hes doing a "Reverse DDT". And I think that is making the finishers look less important.

So the question is that if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it? If you could, explain the move or even show us a clip from youtube or so.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 PM

ScottishWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loojceeb View Post
So I know there have been a few threads that talks about finishers and such but this topic is going to be much deeper.

There are three questions, you can answer all one, two, or all three.

First Question:

Second Question:
Almost all of WWE superstars' finisher have a name, which one is the worst that you've seen and what would you change it to?

Third Question: There are also WWE superstars who doesn't have original finishers, they either took it from former stars or takes the finisher from another star that is not using it anymore. For example, Heath Slater used to use the "Zig Zag" as his finisher and then he changed it into the "Lie detector" then now hes doing a "Reverse DDT". And I think that is making the finishers look less important.

So the question is that if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it? If you could, explain the move or even show us a clip from youtube or so.
1. the AA - John Cena... not Cena hating to the max here, just dont see how throwing someone off your shoulders like that onto their back is deemed powerful. to change it i'd have him drive down on the chest with his hand so he actually slams people down... or just get rid of it lol

2. Future Shock DDT - Drew Mcintyre this name is so lame commentators and fans alike often call it the "scot drop", which is an old FCW finisher of his that they have it confused with for some reason

i'd take Scottish Nightmare, hell its not perfect, but at least i am trying lol

3. R truth - whatever that thing he does is, i'd change it to his suplex stunner, first time i saw that i was like "WOAH! what the hell was that!".

not expecting everyone, if anyone to agree, but thats what i think
Old 12-04-2011, 09:55 PM

ironsheik84 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
First Question:
With absolutely no hesitation whatsoever, the 619.

Quote:
Second Question:
World's Strongest Slam I guess... I find it annoying that he's still billed as the world's strongest man, but that's in the same vein as everything else the WWE likes to overlook.

Quote:

I can't think of a change right now, but I'd love to see Punk use the Pepsi Plunge and Evan Bourne to use the Cyclorama on occasion. Also, I've always been a fan of the Canadian Destroyer/Code Red (aka flip powerbomb) and I'd love to see someone use it in the WWE.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

First Question:

SANTINO MARRELLA, The Cobra? Really? Terrible.

Second Question:

McGillicutter I don't like it at all. Sounds rather odd, and sounds like a tool you would use to cut of a.... never mind. But the dudes name in general is stupid. Go back to Henning. As for the finisher, call it the something not so stupid.

Third Question:

I like the Falcon's Arrow, The Cool down, The Seed planter, The physco effect, The Raging rapids, etc.
LOL Have no idea what im talking about? Check out my YT account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIHWrestling
sendpm.gif
Old 12-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Rise Above Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

keehlnate is looking to come up from OCW...keehlnate is looking to come up from OCW...keehlnate is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:

First Question:

Ezekiel Jackson's Torture Rack - LOL what is he doing? a massage? It is like one of those rides in the carnival.

Quote:
Second Question:
John Cena's Attitude Adjustment - The name is so PG-like. FU sounds 1000x better than AA.

Quote:
Third Question:
if you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it?
Wade Barrett's Wasteland - He is a future world champion and his finisher is too lame for that. Wasteland is just a fireman carry front slam without so much WOW factor after it is executed. He needs to change it to a sort of a finisher that will expose his heel character like the Glam Slam of Beth Phoenix or the Gory Bomb of Chavo Guerrero.

Last edited by keehlnate : 12-04-2011 at 10:20 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM

e72882 is looking to come up from OCW...

1. Who do you think has the worst finisher/signature move now days in the WWE?

Wade Barrett. I think his is worse that Cena's AA. I mean he just flips the guys off his shoulders. Seriously. In SvR 2K11, he had a bow & arrow submission that was combined with the Wasteland and looked more impressive as a finisher.

2. Almost all of WWE superstars' finisher have a name, which one is the worst that you've seen and what would you change it to?

Daniel Bryan's LeBell Lock. I like Bryan and I'm glad he's being allowed to use the Crossface as his finisher, but I don't think LeBell Lock is a good name for it. I mean he calls his Bridging Grounded Chicken Wing "Cattle Mutilation" and I think that's bad ass. I know that can't use "Crippler Crossface", but I think that would be a good name for it. Yes I'm a Benoit mark, but I think "Crippler Crossface" would well along side "Cattle Mutilation".

3. If you could change a superstar's finisher, what would it be and what would you call it? If you could, explain the move or even show us a clip from youtube or so.

I would change Sheamus' finisher from Crucifix Powerbomb (a.ka. Pale Justice) to his FRH (Fiery Red Hand) finisher from FCW. It was either a choke lift side slam or a Leg Trap Fall Forward Chokebomb. I saw it a couple of times on some old FCW footage and I always thought that was a cool finisher and he could still call it FRH or he could call it Pale Justice to keep with his pasty white skin tone motif.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g5p9u1E1lGI
sendpm.gif
Old 12-04-2011, 10:25 PM

MikeyTheAwesome is looking to come up from OCW...

1. Does Santino's Cobra count?.When I first saw the Cobra I just shook my head and I felt so ashamed for the fans that actually enjoyed that. It's sad that the WWE has made great talent look weak from being hit by that "finisher". Nothing against Santino, but that finisher really needs to go.. I don't care how popular it's become.

2. Airbourne - Evan Bourne. Isn't he introduced as Evan "Air" Bourne? I don't like the idea of the finisher name being almost identical as your ring name. Hell, I don't think Billy Kidman changed the name of the Shooting Star Press. I would just call it by that, because it sounds a lot cooler imo.

3. Wasteland - Wade Barrett. Some of the time it look's pretty painful, but most of the time it looks just as weak as the AA. Also, 3 other wrestlers have finishers that start off with the fireman's carry: Cena, Punk and Riley, so it's a bit repetitive. I could see Barrett having a running big boot like Test, that looked painful. I'd call it the Barrett Boot or the Barrage Boot. But then again, that'd be a lot like the Brogue Kick (Sheamus). Eh, i'd still go with it.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTheAwesome View Post
1. Does Santino's Cobra count?.When I first saw the Cobra I just shook my head and I felt so ashamed for the fans that actually enjoyed that. It's sad that the WWE has made great talent look weak from being hit by that "finisher". Nothing against Santino, but that finisher really needs to go.. I don't care how popular it's become.
Haha I totally agree with Santino's finisher, I mean what in the world? Can you picture Stone Cold or The Undertaker losing to Santino with the Cobra? OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTheAwesome View Post
3. Wasteland - Wade Barrett. Some of the time it look's pretty painful, but most of the time it looks just as weak as the AA. Also, 3 other wrestlers have finishers that start off with the fireman's carry: Cena, Punk and Riley, so it's a bit repetitive. I could see Barrett having a running big boot like Test, that looked painful. I'd call it the Barrett Boot or the Barrage Boot. But then again, that'd be a lot like the Brogue Kick (Sheamus). Eh, i'd still go with it.
I totally agree, Wade Barret should have the big boot as his finisher, I would actually call it "Barret Barrage".

Last edited by loojceeb : 12-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-04-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e72882 View Post
Daniel Bryan's LeBell Lock. I like Bryan and I'm glad he's being allowed to use the Crossface as his finisher, but I don't think LeBell Lock is a good name for it. I mean he calls his Bridging Grounded Chicken Wing "Cattle Mutilation" and I think that's bad ass. I know that can't use "Crippler Crossface", but I think that would be a good name for it. Yes I'm a Benoit mark, but I think "Crippler Crossface" would well along side "Cattle Mutilation".
Yea I agree with that, at first I was like wait a minute, thats just the Crippler Crossface but then I did some research and found out that its actually really called "Lebell Lock". Lebell is one of the most dangerous man in the world of martial arts and he created this lock that would break anybody's arm but folding it back and trying to break the neck at the same time. I think Chris Benoit actually copied it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e72882 View Post
I would change Sheamus' finisher from Crucifix Powerbomb (a.ka. Pale Justice) to his FRH (Fiery Red Hand) finisher from FCW. It was either a choke lift side slam or a Leg Trap Fall Forward Chokebomb. I saw it a couple of times on some old FCW footage and I always thought that was a cool finisher and he could still call it FRH or he could call it Pale Justice to keep with his pasty white skin tone motif.
I wouldn't go with the Fiery Red Hand even though it looks epic because it looks too much like a regular Choke Slam, people will get confuse and be like why would sheamus do a Chokeslam when hes not that big. Its just like seeing Abyss do a chokeslam as his finisher, it was weird because Kane and Undertaker are known for chokeslams as finishers (In US Pro-wrestling). So I would actually go with a new move for Sheamus. Call it the White Out and have Sheamus start out like the Denominator *Farooq's finisher* but instead of slamming the guy back down, Sheamus should fall to his side and twist the person's body back into face down and do a mid air cutter. Ill try to find the move and show you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJkJC1qcK9Q (Watch at 1:00)

Last edited by loojceeb : 12-04-2011 at 10:51 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Captain America

Fireball93 is looking to come up from OCW...

1. Honestly, I've always thought The Pedigree was kind of weak. Mostly because guys don't make it look good half the time. Plus you see other people use it on occassion where it hardly does anything (Not WWE but Jeff Jarrett uses it). I'd go with either that or Del Rio's thing. That one just doesn't seem like a big deal. I get it, submissions hurt. But that doesn't look like anything special. And Trouble in Paradise is just bad. Really bad.

2. AA. FU and STFU was so much better.

3. I would change Mark Henry's. His could be something that looks way more powerful. I just don't know what. Sorry guys.
sendpm.gif