WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 PM

killerd105 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default CM Punk vs. Steve Austin?

Ok, so there's no surprise that the speculation going around is that there will be a match between Stone Cold and CM Punk at Wrestlemania 28. But something that confuses me about having this match at the grandest stage of them all, is that CM Punk is entering a program at the moment as a face and he would obviously work better in a program with Stone Cold by playing a heel by the time Wrestlemania. But if rumors are true then this current program will lead up to Survivor Series. So from there, what happens? Does he stay a face until 'mania and have a face vs face such as The Rock and John Cena? Or does CM Punk go back to being a heel sometime before Wrestlemania to be heel vs face? So my question to the IWC is, how would you want to see a match between the two be booked at Wrestlemania 28 ?
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...

I would keep it Face vs Face. Too me the best matches are the ones that make the fans pick a side. Also in a big name match like this, you don't really even need that big of a feud. Same thing with Rock and Cena. The match will draw regardless. They would certainly need to do something to create heat between the two to add to the match but they need to keep it simple.

Look at Undertaker vs HHH last year. Biggest match of the night but the feud wasn't anything over the top. It was about pride. That is all a CM Punk vs SCSA match has to be about too. Keep it simple.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM

PUNKforPresident is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm really looking forward to this years wrestlemania. With The Rock vs Cena booked and possible Austin vs Punk, I'd love to see these superstars back. It'll be similar to a one night stand ppv just on a bigger stage the biggest of them all. In addition to Punk vs Austin I'd love to see either HHH vs Taker 2, or Foley is rumored to be getting back into shape for one more match. Maybe Taker/Foley hell in the cell to cap things off on both of their careers. Maybe bring back Jericho and have HBK involved in some capacity (special ref or host). As for Austin vs Punk honestly I'd say let those two go out there and say whatever they want and see where the audience takes it. I don't think Punk would have to turn heel. Obviously its working with Rock/Cena and both of them are faces.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 10:42 PM

trinerigelado is looking to come up from OCW...

CM Punk should win in a two minute squash, Punk is a current main eventer. Current main eventers destroy retired guys. Anything else screams the old guys are better and the only reason Punk was even competitive is because Austin is old. The key is to build the current product not to show how the product ten years ago was so much better.

And Austin shouldn't give beer drink advice when he's touting that amateur piss water that is Bud Light, that's like recomending Totino's Pizza as the pizza you should be eating.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 PM

HBK_EDGE is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinerigelado View Post
CM Punk should win in a two minute squash, Punk is a current main eventer. Current main eventers destroy retired guys. Anything else screams the old guys are better and the only reason Punk was even competitive is because Austin is old. The key is to build the current product not to show how the product ten years ago was so much better.

And Austin shouldn't give beer drink advice when he's touting that amateur piss water that is Bud Light, that's like recomending Totino's Pizza as the pizza you should be eating.
A squash match that is a great way to piss of your fan base and totally disrespect the biggest draw in WWE history in SCSA. I think Punk should go over but in a great match not some throw away that is reserved for the likes of Santino.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 PM
PHiLLY PuNK

silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...silrock316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Actually there really is NO need to turn Punk heel. The fans at WM will boo Punk against Austin regardless of what they do. So if this match was to happen:

You have to keep Punk as a face, let him get mixed reactions during the fued and have him go OVER Austin cleanly and after Austin leaves again the rub that he gives a face Punk would be enormous.

So sure it will be a mess with fan reactions but its a perfect chance to make Punk look great because I know Austin will put him over.

I never wish bad to anyone but if I could somehow make Cena go away for 2 years I would
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 10:56 PM

SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...SD619 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I would love to see this match. That being said, it would better if they have this match after WM28 because you already have Rock-Cena and Undertaker's streak at WM. If you add this match, it would be impossible for any following PPV to follow such a card.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 PM

Swarles Barkley is looking to come up from OCW...Swarles Barkley is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinerigelado View Post

You mean like when Chris Jericho squashed Ricky Steamboat? Sure made Jericho looks like shit, eh?

Give your head a shake. If you actually think a squash would do anything but piss everyone off, then you're a buffoon. Saying a hard-fought match would make Punk look bad is ludicrous.

Punk-Austin at Mania would be awesome! As long as Austin can go (which I don't know if he can after hearing some comments by Edge), the match would be amazing.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK_EDGE View Post
A squash match that is a great way to piss of your fan base and totally disrespect the biggest draw in WWE history in SCSA. I think Punk should go over but in a great match not some throw away that is reserved for the likes of Santino.
No a great match shows that one of your current star struggles against a past his prime broken down guy from 10 years ago. Showing that the current guys aren't at the level of the past guys and can only beat them because they're old. The time for Austin to pass the torch in a competitve match was 6+ years ago, a squash does way more for Punk NOW and in the future.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarles Barkley View Post
You mean like when Chris Jericho squashed Ricky Steamboat? Sure made Jericho looks like shit, eh?

Give your head a shake. If you actually think a squash would do anything but piss everyone off, then you're a buffoon. Saying a hard-fought match would make Punk look bad is ludicrous.

Punk-Austin at Mania would be awesome! As long as Austin can go (which I don't know if he can after hearing some comments by Edge), the match would be amazing.
Jericho was sneaky, back paddling heal completely different dynamic. Punk squashing Austin makes Punk look strong, makes him look like the real deal, Austin being competitve makes Punk look like he can't handle an old guy and hurts him. Squashes never hurt the winner, why risk Punks's drawing ability to make Austin looks good? Austin isn't coming back full time, a squash doesn't hurt his legacy. And you guys aren't taking account Austin might only be able to go half paced, gasses in three minutes, and can't take shit for a bump, why take that risk , oh yeah because the one off guy is too good tto be squashed.
sendpm.gif