WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM

ShawnBronald is looking to come up from OCW...
Default *New* WWE Title Design after Money in the Bank?

Okay, so here's the scenario: At the 'Money in the Bank' PPV, CM Punk defeats John Cena and becomes the new WWE Champion. As he stated, his contract is up at midnight and he's gone from WWE.

The next night on Raw, Vince McMahon's music plays and he walks down to the ring. He says that while CM Punk is in possession of the WWE Championship, he is not, in fact, the WWE Champion. To be the WWE Champion, you'd have to be currently employed by WWE. At that point, McMahon announces that the WWE Championship is vacated and a tournament will be held to determine the *new* WWE Champion (I know, cliche, but that's how it'll most likely go down).

After several qualifying matches over the following weeks, the final two are named (most likely John Cena and Alberto Del Rio) and the match is held at SummerSlam!

Now my question is this: If this, or a similiar situation, takes place, would/should WWE introduce a newly designed WWE Championship belt, thus finally doing away with the 'spinner' belt?
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd love to see the spinner belt done away with, but because it is representative of John Cena and he is the face of the company for the foreseeable future, I don't see it going away anytime soon, plus they have such much investment in it with video games, toys, etc.

I think a more likely scenario of what will actually happen is Punk will win the belt to shock people, and then get cashed in on that same night by one of the MITB winners, this gives Punk his moment, and also loses him the belt the same way he won it the first time.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 PM

owen8472 is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree to some point but I think punk likes working with the young guys and bring them along ! I think there planning some kinda KO with FCW and ROH to since WWE dont want to work with TNA ! CENA sould of lost last night to one of those guys so they can set up a something with the guy that pined him helping cm punk I still think it will be R-TRUTH costing cena the title! I think there going to run some type of NWO angle WITH PUNK saying he not with the company but is still there champ
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 PM

rbc0104 is looking to come up from OCW...

I see this scenario happening and to further the speculation, from previous reports on Wrestlezone.com, the WWE has a new belt design and has been waiting to introduce it since late 2009. They're just waiting for the right moment to introduce it.

Rumor had it that they were going to let Miz "trash" the spinner belt and bring out a new belt during his reign.

I can also see a further scenario happening where he takes time off (whether it's 6 months or a year or whatever) and he returns with the the spinner belt and claims he was never beaten for the WWE Championship and is therefore the rightful champion. This would set up a match between whomever the current champion at that time would be and him to "unify" the championship and have a clear "undisputed" champion.

Or at least that's how I'd book it.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 PM

SyndicateSaint is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen8472 View Post
I agree to some point but I think punk likes working with the young guys and bring them along ! I think there planning some kinda KO with FCW and ROH to since WWE dont want to work with TNA ! CENA sould of lost last night to one of those guys so they can set up a something with the guy that pined him helping cm punk I still think it will be R-TRUTH costing cena the title! I think there going to run some type of NWO angle WITH PUNK saying he not with the company but is still there champ
This makes my head hurt......

Anyway, I think that Punk leaving could be a good way to introduce a new belt. But in all honesty, they don't need a storyline for a new belt. When the new WWE title was introduced after Steve Austin beat Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XIV, Vince just came out with a new title. Sure, Austin dropped it for the Smoking Skull belt, but for a few weeks he had it. And whenever he wasn't champion, like when Taker won it, they'd go back to the then, new version of the belt.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Lovable Curmudgeon
Knockout Champion

berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't see any connection. They won't change the belt anytime soon and certainly not because of Punk leaving. He won't win the match. It#s that simple. But I do share the wish that this would happen..

Last edited by berlinbrawler : 06-21-2011 at 07:50 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Genius_Deadman is looking to come up from OCW...

i like this scenario. like others have stated, the spinner belt revolves too much around one guy to be considered the title (even though it's been that way for years). to me, the spinner belt to Cena is like the smoking skull belt to Austin. it's never worked for any other guy besides Cena,

this scenario could also help Punk when he comes back (and surely Cena would be champion anyway), where they could get a new belt and when Punk returns, he could challenge Cena, saying he's the real champ (like HBK did to Razor in bringing the "fake IC" title and what Cena basically did to JBL when JBL took the WWE title from him).
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Brad Maddox
Knockout Champion

Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...

The spinner belt, as ugly as people think it is, works. WWE is in an era of PG where their primary fanbase is children. That's who they're aiming to draw. The current WWE Championship is perfect because it looks like a toy. It's all shiny and what not. That appeals to children. Therefore, from a business point of view, it's perfect. There's no need to change it.

I'm personally not fussed about a new design. I don't particularly mind how it looks. Sure it's tailored to the look of Cena, but guess who holds it most? That's right, Cena.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 PM

Mercer the Ruthless is looking to come up from OCW...

More than likely not gonna happen however, if the WWE goes the unpredictable route and this is the most unpredictable match for a WWE PPV this year that I've seen, then that would mean a new design, the spinner belt is more synonymous with Cena. Cena did say that he wouldn't mind losing the belt to Punk, if I'm not mistaken.

In my opinion, it's not about the championship design change, it's about whether or not the WWE believes in Punk, recognizing him as a real talent is more important than speculating if the title will undergo a design transformation.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM

EVILCZW is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to EVILCZW

i dont give a damn what happens, someones ass has to get rid of that P.O.S belt 5 years ago. bring back the undisputed or a new design. hell the hardcore belt looks better. just get rid of the toy fad design. GOD DAMN!
sendpm.gif