WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-16-2011, 08:27 AM
I see you, and your penis.

Uncle Chester is looking to come up from OCW...Uncle Chester is looking to come up from OCW...Uncle Chester is looking to come up from OCW...Uncle Chester is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Why do you like Lil Wayne?

LilWayne has some catchy songs but they are far outnumbered by shit songs. And for all my mental power I seem to be incapable why he is so damn popular. I mean I understand people are obsessed with 'cool' characters but his music is soooooooooo fucking bad. Pop songs are fun and simplistic and I understand how people like listening to artists like Rohanna or Katy Perry at least they're easy to listen to and are fun. But Wayne is annoying, his voice, the lyrics that make little sense. Ughh. I just need to know from his fans why they like him.

Discuss.

sendpm.gif
Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 AM
moneywomenliquorhelladrug s
ECW TV Champion

Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Noticeably F.A.T.

He's kind of funny and he has some fairly clever metaphors. That's pretty much the only reason I like him at all, but it's still not enough for me to actually buy anything he puts out. He's pretty much just a half a step above where most other mainstream rap artists are these days. The key today seems to be "Come up with a catchy hook and surround it with mediocre verses." Wayne does the same shit, but occasionally his verses have some memorable bars.

I like him a little bit, but for the most part I consider his music garbage.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...Fizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...

While he may have his bad moments and some songs he has made have sucked terribly, he is one of the hardest working men in music. He alone has made around 700 songs and has been featured in over 3,000. That is pretty crazy when you think about it. The guy has skill which you can't deny. Some of his songs are fucking fire mainly the ones on his mixtapes. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of his music nor would I say I respect him as a human being, but I respect him for working so hard and coming up from nothing.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Mad Fer It!
NWA Champion

Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...

I don't like Li'l Wayne. In fact the only songs I have on my ipod featuring him are "My Life" by The Game, Game's new one that I cant remember the name of, and "No Love" by Eminem.

His grating voice annoys me, and while he comes up with good lyrics, the vocal delivery just spoils it for me. A friend of mine showed me some of Wayne's stuff a few years ago thinking I would love him....I don't.

BRING BACK TARA!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-18-2011, 07:28 AM
On A Break From Sig Requests
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ARLO is looking to come up from OCW...ARLO is looking to come up from OCW...ARLO is looking to come up from OCW...ARLO is looking to come up from OCW...ARLO is looking to come up from OCW...ARLO is looking to come up from OCW...

I like his mixtapes where he doesn't need to autotune it coz he doesn't even give a shit about them. If he did that with his albums he'd be a lot more popular.

When asked this question I usually say that I love his verses in other people's songs (Forever by Drake, My life by Game etc.).

I've also heard about his amazing work ethic and I respect him heaps for it. He's always rapping on or producing other people's stuff and Young Money is doing really well.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
WWE Diva's Champion

Post is looking to come up from OCW...Post is looking to come up from OCW...Post is looking to come up from OCW...Post is looking to come up from OCW...Post is looking to come up from OCW...

I like Lil Wayne because he has a different sounding voice that I haven't really heard before. I don't listen to a ton of new rap anymore (really just Eminem, Jay Z, Ludacris, some Drake), but he is one guy that I just find interesting. Most of the rap I listen to is older.

He has some really catchy lyrics and is creative in his writing.

I am a big fan of the Birdman and Mannie Fresh and Lil Wyane has either been featured in many of their songs, or he has featured them. I guess that he has really grown on me.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Hello.
WWE Women's Champion

Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...

Lil Wayne is somebody different. He doesn't like to rap all that fast, he doesn't do what the media tells him to, and he is his own person. I saw him in concert about two weeks ago here in Calgary and honestly found him to be hilarious. He is so funny and that is what makes him appealing to listen. He always can put a smile on your face especially when he is performing music that has lyrics that just make you laugh. He has an array of serious and funny songs and he isn't your typical rapper these days.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Losing matches to Cena since 2002

ringjobber1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Lil wayne is good and has great punchlines and good flow which makes everbody so drawn to him but he isn't nothing special I believe drake is better but lil wayne is creative and I respect that.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Impact Guru
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Sinister Shadows is looking to come up from OCW...Sinister Shadows is looking to come up from OCW...Sinister Shadows is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't understand it in the slightest, it sounds just like the rest of rap/hip hop to me, random jibberesh thrown together to a computer created beat backed by zero musical/lyrical talent.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2011, 12:55 AM

Ink'd_Out::. is looking to come up from OCW...

The song that REALLY got me into Wayne was, "Shooter" with Robin Thicke.

I really think late 2009 was the downfall year for him (whatever year he made the "Bedrock" song was his downfall)

Don't get me wrong, I like Wayne, he has some really hard beats on his songs and he makes clever metaphors and lyrics, which sometimes make me think, which no other rapper has made me done besides Eminem, Jay-Z, and some T.I. He cleary has the talent, just listen to his verses on, "Shooter", "Drop The World" and, "We Be Steady Mombin" Like I said before, he has some of the best beats, he has a large fan base, he has the lyrical skill, I'm not saying he's 2PAC, Kool Rap G, or Biggie material, but he's improving and he's one of the best we have in the rap game today.

But...

..Auto-Tone is the reason why I don't like him. There's only one rapper I can stomach that use Autotone and that's T-Pain (does he even classify as a rapper?) and that's because it's worked really good for him. "Prom Queen" Is a song I like because of the rock theme he puts in and the lyrics, but the autotone he uses makes it fucking annoying. "Bedrock" is a song I cant stand, I just don't like it all together and Nicki Minaj (even though I kinda like her now) makes it fucking annoying.

So there, those were Lillyanya's thoughts
sendpm.gif