WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion > The GSD Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Special Victims Unit
WWE Women's Champion

Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to Serious Mozzarella Send a message via MSN to Serious Mozzarella Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Mozzarella
Default My work schedule can officially blow me

So when I started at Bath & Body Works, I was of the understanding that a vast majority of my shifts would be "call-in" shifts, where basically, I would call in an hour or two before my shift to see if they actually need me. The reason for this is because I am a "shipment processing associate," basically meaning, I stock the shelves when the shipment comes in. They don't usually know how big the shipment is until the morning before the shipment, so if the store gets a shipment of like, 50 boxes or whatever, the sales associates can do those on their down time. But if they get a shipment of like 300 boxes, like they did today, then they need me and my crew to come in.

Unfortunately, these "call-in" shifts open up possibilities for utter bullshit to happen, like it did today.

Basically, my call in today is from 2-7. So I called in at around 11 to see if I would be needed, and they told me I would, because there's 300 boxes. So I get ready, and I head over to the bus stop. I get on the bus, THEN I get a call from Bath & Body Works, "Oh yeah, the shipment is going to be two hours late, we don't need you until 4."

"But boss lady, I'm already on my way..."

"I understand that, but I can't let you clock in until 4..."

SIIIIIGH.

So not only did my entire shift get moved over two hours (4-9), but then I had to catch the next bus home, as I was NOT about to spend two hours doing nothing at the goddamn cesspool that is the mall.

I was rather close to telling my boss that this isn't what I signed up for. I signed up to be a full-time stocking guy, not a "get called in as needed" stocking guy, getting something like 15 hours a week, only to have the least stable schedule in the history of jobs.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Master of the Legendary Triple Post
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...Minor League Brian is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to Minor League Brian Send a message via MSN to Minor League Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Minor League Brian

You're bitching about having work.

Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Taylor
You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Lyrical Wordsmith

M. Winters is looking to come up from OCW...M. Winters is looking to come up from OCW...M. Winters is looking to come up from OCW...M. Winters is looking to come up from OCW...M. Winters is looking to come up from OCW...M. Winters is looking to come up from OCW...

Try working 6-8 everyday.

Though the money is good.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...Goliath Uterus scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roche Coach Mozzarella View Post
So when I started at Bath & Body Works, I was of the understanding that a vast majority of my shifts would be "call-in" shifts, where basically, I would call in an hour or two before my shift to see if they actually need me. The reason for this is because I am a "shipment processing associate," basically meaning, I stock the shelves when the shipment comes in. They don't usually know how big the shipment is until the morning before the shipment, so if the store gets a shipment of like, 50 boxes or whatever, the sales associates can do those on their down time. But if they get a shipment of like 300 boxes, like they did today, then they need me and my crew to come in.

Unfortunately, these "call-in" shifts open up possibilities for utter bullshit to happen, like it did today.

Basically, my call in today is from 2-7. So I called in at around 11 to see if I would be needed, and they told me I would, because there's 300 boxes. So I get ready, and I head over to the bus stop. I get on the bus, THEN I get a call from Bath & Body Works, "Oh yeah, the shipment is going to be two hours late, we don't need you until 4."

"But boss lady, I'm already on my way..."

"I understand that, but I can't let you clock in until 4..."

SIIIIIGH.

So not only did my entire shift get moved over two hours (4-9), but then I had to catch the next bus home, as I was NOT about to spend two hours doing nothing at the goddamn cesspool that is the mall.

I was rather close to telling my boss that this isn't what I signed up for. I signed up to be a full-time stocking guy, not a "get called in as needed" stocking guy, getting something like 15 hours a week, only to have the least stable schedule in the history of jobs.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 PM

Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pepe Silvia is getting some looks on Smackdown...

He could stock boxes of Styrofoam dicks and it'd essentially be the same job