WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Should we complain?
Yes 124 79.49%
No 32 20.51%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Taught Elvis how to play karate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Captain Morgan Freeman

I currently have 3 pet peevs with the WWE product

1- The raw GM
I liked the idea at first as the message beep always gets a lot of heat from the crowd and its also got cole over as a heel but come on its been almost a year it really has run its course just bring out someone like vince or JBL and get it over and done with.
In fact JBL wouldnt be a bad choice as its believeable that he would have screwed everyone over for the last year but yeah just give us a proper gm please anything but that damm laptop.

2- Lack of tag teams
I know vince hates them but they really are a great way of introducing new wrestlers to WWE. People like Mason Ryan and Alex Riley have apparently been too green to wrestle singles matches on their own.
People used to start of in a tag team as they didnt have to wrestle a whole match on their own for instance Batista started in a tag team with Ric Flair so he could learn the ropes. The same can be said for Edge, Christian, JBL, The Nexus, John morisson etc.

3- Too many heels
If you look at the rosters at the moment especially on raw theres an abundance of heels. The miz, del rio, R-Truth, Swagger, Mcintyre, Tyler recks, Ziggler, Cm punk. While the main faces are Cena, Morisson, Big show and Mysterio thas 8 heels to 4 faces.
It seems that not many wrestlers can get over as Faces anymore they just become a heel doing the same old "this town sucks" or cheating to win to get easy heat.

So yeah rant over thoughts anyone??
Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM

CenaSux4Life78 sold outCenaSux4Life78 sold out
Send a message via Yahoo to CenaSux4Life78

Complaint 1. John Cena. Yes I understand that Cena is Vince's big money/draw guy. But really, enough is enough. Every week he comes out, and says and does the samethings. I know most of the guys do the same, but with Cena you pretty much know what he is going to do. Creatively they have teased him going heel, nexus then Rock. But drop the idea at the last possible second.

Complaint 2. Cole....do I even have to explain this one?

Complaint 3. RAW GM....started off kinda cool and interesting. Now its about as old and bland as a mountain dew left out in the sun for a month.

Complaint 3. Talent....there is so much untapped talent in WWE today. Guys that should get a better push, either mainevent or midcard. But nothing is being done. Guys like Ziggler, JoMo, R-Truth, are just a few of the guys that deserve better then what they are getting now.

Complaint 4. Creative....I guess when it all boils down all my complaints center around the creative team. It's been said before that the story lines are no longer interesting. I think the last great WWE story line was the Chris Jericho/Chyna co-champ story. That was fresh and original...also VERY entertaining.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:05 PM

Minecrafted is looking to come up from OCW...

Wow another Cena hater, haven't seen one of those before >___>

Mainly i would have somebody besides Cena fight the miz for the title, its gone on long enough and somebody new deserves a shot. I can see a new face like Mcintyre or del-rio going after the wwe title.

Next is Cole, that needs to end as well, hes annoying and its fun to watch him get the stuffing beat out if him but watching matches takes a lot more effort to concentrate when you have him yelling and arguing at ringside.

They don't push the minor guys that much. Guys like Ryder, Masters, Yoshi etc are generally well liked and would do good with a little rub here and there.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:47 PM

longlivetheBrood is looking to come up from OCW...

Oh where to start?
1) Superstar X has turned heel, so all of a sudden he's unstoppable. Mark Henry decimated Rey Mysterio after his turn. When he was a face he couldn't beat anybody.

2)Michael Cole deriding the Divas. Sure the matches are terrible but is a commentator bad-mouthing them the way to improve the product? Honestly if I were one of them I'd be outraged that sort of thing was not only accepted but scripted when I'm bustin my butt to the best of my ability.

3)Broadus Clay...King Kong Bundy mixed with one of the Beagle Boys.

4)For God's sake stop screaming. I'm looking at you Cole, del Rio, Vickie.

5)JR in a tag-team match? Seriously? First he's an announcer, second he's old and its not believable when he is able to 'hurt' someone and third he's badly out of shape. Oddly enough if you squinted very very hard on Raw last Monday, with Cole in the orange singlet and JR in his Oklahoma shirt it looked like Dr. Death vs. Mike Rotundo.

6)Don't do a disfigurement angle with Cody Rhodes when its ridiculously obvious that he looks EXACTLY THE SAME AS HE EVER DID. I'm waiting for Booker to say "C'mon Michael stop being stupid there's nothing wrong with his face.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:25 PM

kaneso14 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Skype™ to kaneso14

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheBrood View Post
Oh where to start?
1) Superstar X has turned heel, so all of a sudden he's unstoppable. Mark Henry decimated Rey Mysterio after his turn. When he was a face he couldn't beat anybody.
Yes, that really gets to me too, though he has only recently turned and we don't know what creative has planned for him. Personally I don't want another Henry monster heel run. It was only a few months ago that he was jobbing to everybody and taking part in dance offs with Khali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheBrood View Post
6)Don't do a disfigurement angle with Cody Rhodes when its ridiculously obvious that he looks EXACTLY THE SAME AS HE EVER DID. I'm waiting for Booker to say "C'mon Michael stop being stupid there's nothing wrong with his face.
I think it's a great gimmick. Of course Cody was not disfigured by Rey, but the thing is, he THINKS he was disfigured and has suffered a lot of anguish and emotional trauma because of this. It has led him to become very unstable and, in my opinion, has really developed his character. Awesome gimmick.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:43 AM

dantheman1386 is looking to come up from OCW...

For me, a fan who began watching just before the Attitude Era, today is painful but I don't like to bitch and moan as I still choose to watch it. People who watch it, buy merchandise, pay for tickets/PPVs and then slate it baffle me as they are still supporting the product. If you are supporting a product, then do just that and get behind it. If not, watch TNA or another sport/entertainment.
However that isn't to say the WWE can't be better, but be constrctive instead of acting like the WWE is going to make you pull out your eyes.

I think the creative team have a harder job than anyone in the business now we are PG and PC.
How do you shock and scare a crowd who is predominantly under 18? How do you keep the Attitude Era fans entertained when there are no head shots with weapons, no blood, no "puppies?" I feel sorry for the creative team actually.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
X-Pac Rules
Knockout Champion

Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowds View Post
Complaint One - Entrance Music

There's something really grinding about how blatantly the mythos of the competitor(s) are within the first lines of some of the songs;
Dolph Ziggler's 'I am perfection'
The Corre's 'I've had enough'* (actually, are they still using that?)
Cody Rhodes' pre-'Phantom' turn music was horrible but the remix is quite cool
Literally the three best entrances in all of wrestling. How can you not find those entertaining? Well except for the Corre, who are about as cool as my mum slow dancing to the Black Eyed Peas.

It's pro wrestling, if all wrestlers picked their favourite songs instead of something which suited their character, then how would we know who to cheer for and who to boo? Try as you might, even if it's Satan himself, if he comes out to some Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, that crowd is going to pop to the awesome power of Stevie Nicks.

I think I got a little off track.

Generic rock music sucks though. Jim Johnston characterized the Attitude Era with songs that mostly fall within your idea of "mythos" within entrances. And he rocked.

"The Backstage Phenom" Sin Cara: 3-0 in Catering
Old 05-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Sally was here
WWF Hardcore Champion

Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via MSN to Dowdsy McDowds Send a message via Skype™ to Dowdsy McDowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantaur Rodeo Clown View Post
Literally the three best entrances in all of wrestling. How can you not find those entertaining? Well except for the Corre, who are about as cool as my mum slow dancing to the Black Eyed Peas.

It's pro wrestling, if all wrestlers picked their favourite songs instead of something which suited their character, then how would we know who to cheer for and who to boo? Try as you might, even if it's Satan himself, if he comes out to some Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, that crowd is going to pop to the awesome power of Stevie Nicks.

I think I got a little off track.

Generic rock music sucks though. Jim Johnston characterized the Attitude Era with songs that mostly fall within your idea of "mythos" within entrances. And he rocked.
Are you being sarcastic? The best three entrances in wrestling? No. Not now, not ever. Ever.

As you said, generic rock music sucks, and that's how I see a lot of the current/new entrances. I'm not saying they're ALL bad, but my example with Dolph is that it's far too blatant and shows a lack of imagination. I'm also fairly certain someone else used it briefly and I thought it was crappy then too.

Again, I'm not completely bashing Johnston either. The examples I gave in response to DDP I believe were all JJ creations, but lets bear in mind that just because a recording artist has had some success in the past doesn't mean they are always as good or as consistent as that, and if you don't like their current stuff you're allowed to say so. I don't, so I do.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Magical Girl

Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan View Post
Sorry man, but the entrance music for the WWE superstars is spot on and its actually one of the things the WWE are best at choosing. Have you seen the entrance music for the wrestlers in TNA? Jim Johnstone is, in my opinion, a genius.

Anyway, the WWE only has 2 real problems. The lack of women wrestlers and the lack of tag teams! Yeah, you can argue that their storylines arent original but to be fair, every single storyline there ever could be has probably been used!
1) Yeah, I agree. Jim Johnston is a freaking legend. That whole "3 seconds of music" thing is true and Johnston is, as you say, a genius.

2) On the whole I prefer WWE to TNA but I have to say TNA does better at tag teams and women. I think if time is invested in either women or tag teams, it has to be done seriously. In fact, I think there are too many women compared to how little air time they get. They aren't the Knockouts, but there are around as many Divas as there are KOs, if not more.

As for tag teams, well, for a tag team to get over they at least have to:

A) Be given air time
B) Have personality
C) Have legit chemistry as a tag team

Santino and Kozlov are, in spite of what many people think, a good team, or at least the best WWE has right now, by virtue of the fact that they fulfill all three of the above criteria. Although I'm glad Kane and the Big Show are a team as there's no room for them in ME so at least they have something worthwhile to spend time on - improving the tag team division. Kane and Show are higher-profile than most teams in recent memory (Usos, Hart Dynasty, Slater & Gabriel)
Old 05-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Beating the odds since 1993

Reddog1146 is looking to come up from OCW...

I love watching WWE with my family but i have three main issues with it:

Tag Team wrestling

I have not seen a good tag team match that i could get into for a while now. The best tag team i have seen so far was the hart dynasty(i am new to WWE, started wayching in January 2010) and now tey are broken up. Now we are left with random tag teams creative makes up winning the titles, How do they come up with the winners, choose two names out of a hat? The tag teams that are random have no history, no chemistry, and the resulting matches are so predictable.

Bad Storylines

For example, the laycool counselor office storyline, the paul bearer/edge/kane storyline, and there are alot more that i can think of given the time to do so. It wastes time and most of the time means nothing in the long run. It is ok to have storylines so long as they are meaningful and has to do with something. The hornswoggle trying to learn how to speak sucked and was dropped after about three weeks and it changed nothing.

Women wrestling

I hate watching the divas wrestle, that too is predictable. Also, the matches they do have are so short and they have horrible storylines. Most matches are two minut catfights that noone cares to see. The best match i have seen so far was Beth Phoenix and Natalya take on Laycool in a tables match. It lasted more than five minutes and the divas showed skill. They need to build on that type of match ups.

I smell a conspiracy, C-O-N ...... - R Truth, Extreme Rules May 1, 2011