WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Should we complain?
Yes 124 79.49%
No 32 20.51%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2017, 05:44 PM

JMW1973 is looking to come up from OCW...

I do know what entertainment is. Even though I don't like his attitude, I think Baron Corbin is one that can bring people to the seats!

I'm sick and tired of Owens going against the same people over and over again. When will we see something fresh from him?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:32 AM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A little background....

I'm one of those lapsed wrestling fans, haven't kept up with it for a few years now. The last time I watched wrestling was that PPV where Bork got squashed by Goldberg(Fastlane?) and that was the first time I'd watched in probably at least a year before that. Keep in mind I'm pretty ignorant of any angles or even who most of these guys are.

So last night I was watching the ball game and skipping around during commercials when I saw Smackdown! was on and flipped it over. I tuned in partway through a skit where some low rent looking team was talking with a guy and another guy dressed like a lady. Then there was some weird Pulp Fiction type thing where the c/d overdosed, they pulled out an oversized syringe, etc. I don't know what was going on here but it may well have been the stupidest and most ridiculous skit I've seen in wrestling. And that's coming from a guy who cut his teeth on the Memphis territory.

Then there was some guy who kinda' looked like an indy wrestler but held the US title and he lost quickly via count out against Sin Cara. Jinder Mahal is really the WWF champion? lol Long way from being a sidekick to Heath Slater. Good for him, I guess, but he kind of rambled. I did enjoy how he played the crowd, though. I liked seeing AJ Styles because I remember him being good back in TNA years ago. I knew he was undersized but he looked especially small against Mahal, he's barely even as big as the champ's lackeys. Bobby Roode was a welcome sight, I was a fan of his back when he was a tag wrestler in TNA. That entrance is kind of goofy and fun but it's hard for me to see it working for a main event-type wrestler, more for a mid-card guy like Fandango or someone of the sort. He got beat by Dolph Ziggler, who I remember as kind of a jobber. That was pretty much the end of my Smackdown! experience last night.

So, here's my question....did I just happen to tune in at a really bad time or is this the norm now? I've been a wrestling fan most of my life and would like to start watching again sometime. However, if the brief period I watched last night was any indication, I'm just not sure I can do it. I generally refrain from bitching about the current product but that was absolutely wretched television. Would I be better off watching Raw?
Old 10-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmoon View Post
A little background....

I'm one of those lapsed wrestling fans, haven't kept up with it for a few years now. The last time I watched wrestling was that PPV where Bork got squashed by Goldberg(Fastlane?) and that was the first time I'd watched in probably at least a year before that. Keep in mind I'm pretty ignorant of any angles or even who most of these guys are.

So last night I was watching the ball game and skipping around during commercials when I saw Smackdown! was on and flipped it over. I tuned in partway through a skit where some low rent looking team was talking with a guy and another guy dressed like a lady. Then there was some weird Pulp Fiction type thing where the c/d overdosed, they pulled out an oversized syringe, etc. I don't know what was going on here but it may well have been the stupidest and most ridiculous skit I've seen in wrestling. And that's coming from a guy who cut his teeth on the Memphis territory.

Then there was some guy who kinda' looked like an indy wrestler but held the US title and he lost quickly via count out against Sin Cara. Jinder Mahal is really the WWF champion? lol Long way from being a sidekick to Heath Slater. Good for him, I guess, but he kind of rambled. I did enjoy how he played the crowd, though. I liked seeing AJ Styles because I remember him being good back in TNA years ago. I knew he was undersized but he looked especially small against Mahal, he's barely even as big as the champ's lackeys. Bobby Roode was a welcome sight, I was a fan of his back when he was a tag wrestler in TNA. That entrance is kind of goofy and fun but it's hard for me to see it working for a main event-type wrestler, more for a mid-card guy like Fandango or someone of the sort. He got beat by Dolph Ziggler, who I remember as kind of a jobber. That was pretty much the end of my Smackdown! experience last night.

So, here's my question....did I just happen to tune in at a really bad time or is this the norm now? I've been a wrestling fan most of my life and would like to start watching again sometime. However, if the brief period I watched last night was any indication, I'm just not sure I can do it. I generally refrain from bitching about the current product but that was absolutely wretched television. Would I be better off watching Raw?
You happened to catch the Fashion Files. The entire skit series is an over the top parody of classic detective style movies and TV shows. Like they have done the X Files, Twin Peaks, stuff like that. It features Fandango and Tyler Breeze as fashion cops. It is actually one of the better parts of Smackdown, despite how it sounds. Its just one of those goofy things that really could only work in wrestling or a Leslie Nielson movie, it is almost a modern Leslie Nielson looking for the Undertaker. If you knew the whole story and watched from the beginning I think you might like it better, but it is definitely comedy.

The US Champ is Baron Corbin, who I would call the opposite of an indie wrestler. Like most of his gimmick, aside from being tall and have a cup of coffee in the NFL, is that he hates indie wrestlers and smarks. He beat AJ for the title and it was this huge deal since AJ is known as an indie darling.

The World Title scene is pretty garbage on Smackdown right now. Jinder won the title with so little build he actually didn't even have merch when he won. His forst piece of merch didn't get produced until after he was champion. If you can get past how little sense it made to make him champ (they did it for the Indian market) it still sucks because he has been beating far superior wrestlers in the most cookie cutter matches. Basically each of his matches are ten to fifteen minutes of average wrestling, his cronies interfere, he hits his average at best finish (a Cobra Clutch slam) and 1, 2, 3.

Roode is actually a big deal, thanks partly to being a good pro wrestler but also partly due to his grand over the top entrance. Say what you will about modern crowds, but he was a heel while in NXT that still got some cheers due to his entrance. It basically forced WWE to call him up as a face as a result. Dolph Ziggler is hot garbage though and has killed a lot of his momentum by trading wins with him thus far in a storyline over Bobby's entrance.

So yeah, there are definitely a lot of flaws right now, and on both shows, but its football season and historically the writing isn't the best this time of year. You may be better off doing what I've been doing lately and just watching the main show highlights and the PPVs. There is some fun stuff going on, but you have to shift through some crap to find it.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:37 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I guess that this is the right thread to do it. So, Kane is being built as some monster. He has easily laid out Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. All of them, are former World/Universal Champions. All for a match against Braun Strowman. And now Braun Strowman is in the tag match. We aren't even getting what made them build Kane so much. I don't get it.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
I guess that this is the right thread to do it. So, Kane is being built as some monster. He has easily laid out Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. All of them, are former World/Universal Champions. All for a match against Braun Strowman. And now Braun Strowman is in the tag match. We aren't even getting what made them build Kane so much. I don't get it.
They aren't building Kane for Strowman. It's likely heading to a Demon Vs Devils favourite Demon match in Balor and Kane.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
They aren't building Kane for Strowman. It's likely heading to a Demon Vs Devils favourite Demon match in Balor and Kane.
Are you sure? You could be right. But then what about Kane's attack on Braun Strowman at TLC? Or Kane's promo at next night's Raw. Where he claimed that he's the real monster? I really don't know. Regardless, I don't get Kane getting huge victories this easily.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Are you sure? You could be right. But then what about Kane's attack on Braun Strowman at TLC? Or Kane's promo at next night's Raw. Where he claimed that he's the real monster? I really don't know. Regardless, I don't get Kane getting huge victories this easily.
Striwmans presence gave Kane a reason to go demon. They needed a Demon because Wyatt got sick. Kane is there to put over Balor. I could be wrong only time will tell.