WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Should we complain?
Yes 124 79.49%
No 32 20.51%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2011, 04:33 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE General Complaints Thread

I figure it's time to create a thread for all the bitching and moaning about the WWE. If you hate it, wanna shit all over it or what have you, then this is the place for you. I figure it'll ultimately save up a lot of clutered threads that all generally amount to doing the same thing when it's all said and done.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

I'm a WWE Mark lets just get that out of the way early. But I'm not going to pretend that they're perfect. I believe that they're head and shoulders above all of their so called "competition" in every way, but that's not to say that there aren't some things I wish would change about it.

Original Storylines

We've been essentially having the same storylines over and over again for quite a while now. It's always either "I respect you but I want your championship," "You attacked me so I attacked you and now we attack each other every week until the PPV," or "You cheated so I want a rematch." Why do the even have a creative team? They haven't had an original story in forever, why are these people being paid?

Over Scripted Promos

Don't get me wrong, I prefer promos this way as opposed to the TNA style of giving them full control and no direction and thus you get the word asshole uttered every 35 seconds. However, I wish they were a little more relaxed with it. I don't like seeing someone cut a promo and looking like they're reading from a teleprompter. I need to see some of the actual person in the promo, which is what you get with guys like Cena and HHH.

Divas

Women wrestling is absolutely terrible. Honest to God, I have only seen one respectable Women's match in my entire life, everything since has been ridiculously bad. They are so talentless and dreadful to watch that it outright pisses me off that they waste a weekly segment on them instead of giving it to a guy that can actually work who deserves some spotlight.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 AM

ReyStyle94 is looking to come up from OCW...

You honestly think the likes of Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix or Natalya couldn't put on a good match? It's WWE's fault for showcasing Eve Torres & The Bella Twins because they're next to talentless. Gail Kim, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Melina & LayCool could put on quality-PPV matches, but WWE chooses to focus on the sexy Divas. Don't bag the whole division for a few rotten apples.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 AM

TheRock_says is looking to come up from OCW...

WWE isnt bad, just isnt as gd as it use to be, i like how they are producing younger stars but this doesnt resolve anything, wwe needs people with gimmicks serouisly every wrestler is the same, they need to have character and the storylines are bland, really bland, they need to be creative about it so it attracts viewers to actually watch the product, ppv etc.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:10 AM

leJobz is looking to come up from OCW...

It annoys the shit out of me when WWE constantly waste precious and vital TV time on the likes of Michael Cole or stupid, irrelevant Partner Counselling sessions between Laycool. I mean they could give this time to Superstars who are developing and need it, otherwise how are they going to improve? Or maybe even lengthen the matches. Anything but Cole singing his own praises and forcing Good 'ol JR to kiss his feet...
Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

yur_momma is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
I'm a WWE Mark lets just get that out of the way early. But I'm not going to pretend that they're perfect. I believe that they're head and shoulders above all of their so called "competition" in every way, but that's not to say that there aren't some things I wish would change about it.

Original Storylines

We've been essentially having the same storylines over and over again for quite a while now. It's always either "I respect you but I want your championship," "You attacked me so I attacked you and now we attack each other every week until the PPV," or "You cheated so I want a rematch." Why do the even have a creative team? They haven't had an original story in forever, why are these people being paid?

Over Scripted Promos

Don't get me wrong, I prefer promos this way as opposed to the TNA style of giving them full control and no direction and thus you get the word asshole uttered every 35 seconds. However, I wish they were a little more relaxed with it. I don't like seeing someone cut a promo and looking like they're reading from a teleprompter. I need to see some of the actual person in the promo, which is what you get with guys like Cena and HHH.

Divas

Women wrestling is absolutely terrible. Honest to God, I have only seen one respectable Women's match in my entire life, everything since has been ridiculously bad. They are so talentless and dreadful to watch that it outright pisses me off that they waste a weekly segment on them instead of giving it to a guy that can actually work who deserves some spotlight.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
youre exactly right. those are the kind of storylines we're going to get in a hyper-politically correct era where you cant even mention someones race or (barely mention) nationality and all gimmick has been taken away from any character. you end up with guys like "bob whoever" with a few tattoo's and a practiced scowl trying to get me emotionally invested enough to spend 50 bucks on a ppv where he fights another "bob whoever" because he was talking to his diva backstage. political correctness is why guys like yoshi and kozlov will never get over...and partly why the muhammad hassan character unfortunately failed.

i miss the 80's. col debeers. samoan swat team. nikita koloff. mr perfect. i miss the characters. the undertaker couldnt debut in todays era unless he was just mark callous...with a few tattoo's and a practiced scowl (which i guess they did with the whole bikertaker era).

and yeah, womens wrestling is an atrocity. a 100 pound girl throwing another girl into the ropes with enough force that she cant stop herself is hilarious. i can suspend reality and enjoy a tv show but womens wrestling pushes it too far and its embarrassing to even have on tv when other people are in the room. i cant defend that crap nor do i want to. best womens match ever IMO was madusa vs akira back in 1995 and even that can only get a 5 out of 10.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:38 AM

Sockoshouldbegm is looking to come up from OCW...

I think you guys have sort of touched base on this but one thing I really feel the wwe struggles with lack of characters, for instance the additute era was loaded with great characters and much better promos imo. It had such a good flow then whereas I really feel the shows stall into different segments. I may be heavily scorned for saying this but I believe the wwe roster is simply too big, I think it takes time away from "superstars" that could really shine, I prefer when the shows werent split and there was only one world title
Old 04-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyStyle94 View Post
You honestly think the likes of Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix or Natalya couldn't put on a good match?
Well with the exception of Beth & Natalya, who can put on a passable match, no I don't. I don't lower my standards for what makes a good wrestling match based on the gender of the performers in the ring. That's called sexism buddy, and I'm not fond of it.

Quote:
It's WWE's fault for showcasing Eve Torres & The Bella Twins because they're next to talentless. Gail Kim,
Let me go ahead and stop you right there. I completely understand why TNA cut their losses with this chick now and it's pretty obvious. She used to have a spark but now, she is a shell of her former self. I've seen her wrestle matches against people like Mickie James and you know what? She fucked up terribly. Gail Kim is not a good wrestler.

Quote:
Natalya, Beth Phoenix
There is a difference between good and passable. These 2 fall into the passable category, which actually probably makes themthe best female wrestlers in the world.

Quote:
, Melina & LayCool
Absolutely not. These chicks are both 100% awful.

Quote:
could put on quality-PPV matches, but WWE chooses to focus on the sexy Divas.
They can't put on quality TV matches, so I have a hard time believing this dribble. Yes, the WWE is at fault for the most part but it isn't because they aren't pushing the right women, it's because they aren't hiring the right women.

Quote:
Don't bag the whole division for a few rotten apples.
The whole division is entirely compiled of rotten apples. I know this is a common thing on the internet. Saying, "They just don't push the right ones" and "They don't give them enough time." Well personally, I wish they would give them less time then they do now. I don't appreciate my precious time being wasted with a 2 minute match with competitors who are not properly trained professionals. Constant botches, a lack of anything remotely interesting, and complete and utter disregard for the art of wrestling detours me away from women wrestling.

But don't take my word for it. I happen to think that Trish, Lita, and Mickie James are in the same league as Beth and Natalya. Like I said, I don't lower my standards of what makes a good wrestling match just because there are women in the ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Sally was here
WWF Hardcore Champion

Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via MSN to Dowdsy McDowds Send a message via Skype™ to Dowdsy McDowds

Complaint One - Entrance Music

There's something really grinding about how blatantly the mythos of the competitor(s) are within the first lines of some of the songs;
Dolph Ziggler's 'I am perfection'
The Corre's 'I've had enough'* (actually, are they still using that?)
Cody Rhodes' pre-'Phantom' turn music was horrible but the remix is quite cool

There are some others I can't quite recall now but the general genericised nature of the music of mid/under-carders is one thing I just can't stand.

Complaint Two - Commentators riffing on Orton's theme

Another music related complaint, and again the part that annoys me is the blatant unimaginative nature of it. From the first time I heard Cole say, "it looks like Orton's going to that place where he hears voices in his head" I thought, shit, that was weak. Then he kept saying it week after week. Then Matthews joined in!

Complaint Three - Vickie Guerrero

This is more to do with her storylines with Edge and as a 'cougar' with Dolph. Portraying her character as one who is going round the locker-room as it were just seems incredibly disrespectful to Eddie.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:05 AM

DE7seven is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to DE7seven

I think the divas deserve their time/spot but they need to be utilized more. Now have some as managers, put some in storylines with the guys(but good ones)Am I wrong but don't some of the divas come from wrestling backgrounds and were trained by legends etc? If the divas are used right they could be a big draw or at least better then they are or close to what they use to be few yrs back. Promos and good gimmicks, characters draw fans interest and wwe knows what makes them #1 but they seem to be so comfortable at that spot they are making changes that fans do not care for or at least some don't care for, so I say go back to the fans gey there input get more fan interaction cyber sunday was a good theme or raw roulette I'm jus sayin..