WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

CelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold out
Default Wrestlemania 29: John Cena vs. Sin Cara

We all know how monumental Cena vs. The Rock will be at Wrestlemania 28. A bitter rivalry along with two of the biggest names in WWE history. So how do you follow up with Rock/Cena? Cena vs. Sin Cara at Mania 29 in Mexico City.

Think about it: if WWE can have Wrestlemania in Canada, why not in Mexico City? I could potentially see Sin Cara as THE biggest draw and could potentially rival Cena in terms of revenue. Seeing the two biggest draws in wrestling going at it with the growing Hispanic population in Sin Cara's home country. I highly doubt Taker will be around for Mania 29 to feud with Cena.

So here's how I book this: This is like in late Summer 2012 that Cena is WWE champion. Similiar to the Nexus, a smaller faction gangs up on Cena but this time Cena has somebody who has his back: Sin Cara, the silent but deadly assassin. These two have each other's back in fighting the stable off and Sin Cara gets a lot of main event exposure.

After successfully defending the WWE title at the Royal Rumble, Cena wonders who his opponent may be for Wrestlemania. Sin Cara wins the 2013 Royal Rumble. But the twist is, is that while they are friends and Mania 29 is a respect thing, the faction tries to crash the party and make sure neither guy makes it to Wrestlemania. In some cases they succeed but ultimately they are defeated at Elimination Chamber.

The next month or so is just built up with Cena and Sin Cara as opponents for Wrestlemania. This generation's Warrior/Hogan where there are two babyfaces for the title. Sin Cara wins his first WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 29 and Cena hands the belt to Sin Cara, raising his hand, just like Hogan did to Warrior.

Just an idea.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2011, 08:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

While it might seem a little out there ... the end result could definitely work.

I think a WM in Mexico City would be insane and probably do well, if the WWE feels safe going to Mexico.

I definitely think it would be a very solid contrast of styles type match for sure, and the feeding frenzy of the Mexican fans would make it possibly be extremely memorable.

I opened this post thinking this would be a ridiculous idea, but you made it sound like it could work.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
The Ingrate One
WWF Hardcore Champion

H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...

Thats actually a pretty good idea. The only problem I see is the outcome of the match. Not gunna lie to you, Cena will probably still be the face of the WWE at that time and I doubt Vince will have his biggest star lose at Wrestlemania (this year was an exception because The Rock interfered). If Sin Cara loses then it would be a huge letdown to the Mexican fans there to see him. Hopefully WWE would be open to having Cena lose clean to Sin Cara. However, Sin Cara needs to step it up because apparently his actions at the past couple of RAWs have pissed off the people backstage. Great concept though, I would love to see it happen.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

CelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold outCelticCorey sold out

^That is attributed to his botch with the trampoline. That is assuming the dirt sheets have any merit to them. Vince just needs to calm the hell down. Sin Cara is already moderately over with the crowd with the signs, has sold masks and has already wowed people. Vince just needs to relax.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
The Ingrate One
WWF Hardcore Champion

H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...

CelticCorey^ Yup, and thats why I think they should drop the whole trampoline thing. Its not like in AAA where the ramp is at the same elevation as the ring and hes able to do it with no probelm. In a WWE style ring hes risking embarassment and/or serious injury. The guy already has a flashy entrance, attire, and moveset. The trampoline doesnt really add anything to it. Props for WWE for trying it out tho, its one of those things you'd think they'd ignore in order to distance themselves from other promotions.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...

While I've been enjoying Sin Cara as much as anyone the last couple of weeks, I think this may be a tad far fetched at the moment. Let's at least wait till he's been there more than a month to make sure he doesn't turn out to be the next Kaval before we book his Mania main event.

Also I seriously doubt WWE would ever hold a Mania in Mexico City. I could definitely see it in Canada or England, but not Mexico yet.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:36 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Sin Cara is already bigger and way more over than Kaval has ever been, even though I was a fan of Kaval. Kaval didn't get the hyped to death vignettes. Kaval didn't get to attack two former World Champions, in the same week no less. Sin Cara has been booked well. How much did Kaval sell? How many Kaval signs were there?

Why would WWE not do Wrestlemania in Mexico with a growing Hispanic fan base and a decent amount of Mexican wrestlers. Del Rio, Rey and Sin Cara are all huge there.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Yabba Dabba Bitch
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rckstrtmmy is looking to come up from OCW...Rckstrtmmy is looking to come up from OCW...

Decent idea however, to compare this to Hogan/Warrior is waaaaay premature. Weve seen Cara in ONE WWE match. One match. Lets just wait before we dub him one of the top guys in the company shall we?

Credit to A.D. for the sig!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

You have a good argument to insist that it is premature. But why would Vince pay money to get someone out of their contract and hype him to death with press conferences and vignettes along with Sin Cara already selling only to make him a midcarder? What I mean by Warrior/Hogan is the two top babyfaces for respect and going at it. I mean hell if the stories are true then he has sold more in Mexico than Cena has sold here. Thank about that for a minute.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Future Endeavored

Mexican Mark Henry is looking to come up from OCW...

Sure, this is a possible match. IF and ONLY if Sin Cara can cut a good promo. If he doesn't, then this match wouldn't sell. Sin Cara got nearly no reaction on his Primo match.

Maybe Sin Cara is destined to be a mid-carder. Some people are just not meant for the main-event. I like Sin Cara, but I hope he can cut a good promo. At least at the level of Sheamus promo skills...