WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 PM
SmackDown! is MY Show
World Heavyweight Champion

A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...A.J. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to A.J.
Default Big Show Coming Back?

Quote:
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

We reported earlier that The Wrestling Observer Newsletter had noted a big name of WWE's past - a multi-champion superstar was set to return with the company.

The January 14th edition of the Newsletter confirms that former multi-time WWE Champion Paul Wight - The Big Show - has either signed with the company or has agreed to a deal, and will be starting full-time very soon.

Big Show is down to 440 lbs after leaving pro wrestling to rest, and pursue a possible career in boxing, which obviously included boxing training that got him in quite a good shape. Dave Meltzer also mentions in the Observer that a part of his boxing deal was that Hulk Hogan was to be his "front man" acting like a manager in wrestling for him by doing promos and appearances. This was also the main reason many boxing promoters were actually interested in Big Show and paying him so much money to learn the sport. These plans, however, fell apart at some point, and Show realized that at his age, boxing might not be the right direction to go anyway. There have also been no recent updates or even talks of Hogan doing his own wrestling tour - a very discussed topic of the past. Hence with nothing on the horizon, Big Show is back with WWE.
I have to say it be interesting to see what creative has in store for the Big Show. I mean we could very well see Show vs Khali at Mania and let me the first to say that I do not wait to see that. But its good to hear that Show has trimmed down, though I doubt he will do much in his return as not many can "actually wrestler" with Big Show. I see him coming back at the Rumble and prolly being RAW maybe Smackdown/ECW. Though I dont hold much with the Show back as he get a simi push and then wham back to being nothing again.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...

I like it, as I think a slimmed down more in shape big show can be an asset to the company...square off with Kahli maybe??? I can see the two having a showdown in the RR match with Show making a suprise return...and Hopefully, we can maybe get a show VS Hulkster match at WM?? I for one (and im sure im the only one lol) would really enjoy that....except for being the guy to finally vanquish Kahli, im not real sure exactly what they will do with him to be honest...I think they shouldnt have him oreintated face/heel either way, just be a respected enforcer type, who walks around and beats the ass off of whomever gets in his way...I think he could be a good canidate to take the US title off of MVP, to transition to the next champ...although SD/ECW is already chock full of monsters, so personally id rather see him on RAW, im just not sure what his role there would be...I think the enforcer/huge badass gimmick could be a cool thing for him to be on every show with really, but I doubt he would want that heavy of a road schedule...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
Big E Langston healed me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Although, I can see where the subtlety of that would escape you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
What an eloquent and well made selection of counter points.

Last edited by Mighty NorCal : 01-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Tomko

I think Big Show could be a decent Main Eventer, big surprise at least. I say you put him back on ECW and be the champ like he was before he left or RAW because he's just coming back and viewers might want to see him. The question is do you bring him back Heel or Face?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Future Endeavored

KyleCobra is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to KyleCobra

The only thing thats gets me somewhat excited about this would be the possibilty for fresh fueds. Kennedy would be a decent starter.

I think if he returns before Mania he should be put with Umaga. Not that this would be a great match, but IMO better than Show vs Khali by a stretch.

And I agree with the enforcer role for him. It seems as a face he gets decent pops but not enough for a main eventer. But as a heel, he gets better heat but is for whatever reason more boring, not to mention that he would take on the whole ''giant monster'' role which we dont need more of right now.

I think he should come in and make his presence known. Destroy everyone, face and heels.

Give it a year and if he's still there he will be jobbing badly.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Melon Farmer

If this is actually true, which it probobly is, I hope he goes to ECW and wins back the ECW championship. It was so awesome when he was the ECW champion. But if he doesn't go to ECW then I would rather him go to Smackdown.

Now the reason I would want him to go to smackdown is because, at the moment, RAW is seriously packed with talent. It pisses me off that they have so many names on their show. Jericho, JBL, HHH, HBK, Orton, Lashley, Kennedy, Cena (when he comes back) They have so many tremendous top talents that it came to a point where ECW has no big and top names and Sd! has only a few.

Where ever Big Show lands, I hope he gets a push and comes back as a face where he immitated other people's gimmicks. That was really funny. After a good laugh or 2, he should turn heel and go to ECW. But that is just my 2 cents.

On the trimming down, fucken about time. Maybe, just maybe, he woke up and realized that he could die of a heart attack, like Andre The Giant did, even though he weighed more than 500 pounds. But still, Show was a lazy fat ass and it's about time he cut down the weight.

Overall, I am very happy to see Big Show back and hopefully he will be pushed greatly!!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:26 PM
A Post Is Worth A Thousand Words
WWE European Champion

AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...AnthonyMango/NoFate007 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I really hope he's gotten better, not just because of the obvious reason, but also, think about their heel monster list......Big Show, Umaga, Big Daddy V, Mark Henry, Snitsky, Khali.....with his return, obviously they'd tone Snitsky down and they might fire Khali as he's had nothing to do and its been said that nobody wants to work with him. Big Show's much more talented than Khali, even if he is still stiff in the ring, so I'd love to see them "trim the fat" (not literally, unfortunately) and get rid of some of their "monster" characters.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 AM
tnawwe2007

Hmm i think the best way for him to return would be to have him be a supprise royal rumble entrant. its good he took some time off to rest and get fit, i think he could have a good second run in the wwe.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:23 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

All in all this is a good move. He is as legitimate a "giant" as there is in the business. He has a decent set of moves for a big guy, and while a little stiff seems to be willing to put the work in when called for.
He also seems to be well liked by other wrestlers ... which is never a bad thing to have going for you. I like this move by all parties and eagerly await seeing what they plan on doing with Show.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Is hanging up the boots
WWE European Champion

Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rusty is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This is WWEs chance to give Smackdown! a main event heel. Smackdown needs it sooo badly and Big Show would be perfect on Smackdown.

Think about it.. Show vs Batista, Show vs Undertaker, Show vs Mysterio, Show vs Finlay. I know a few of them have been done before but thats agezzz ago. Raw doesnt needs this guy at all. They jst got JBL and are absolutely flooded with main eventers.

Its great Big Show is going back to WWE but they have to use him right and he NEEDS to go to Friday Night Smackdown!
sendpm.gif
Old 01-13-2008, 01:36 AM
GmoneyOwnsAll

HELL F'N YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Big F'n Show is coming back! This is the greatest news I've heard in my life. My prediction, he will come back for a short feud with someone and dominate and then head straight towards the title hunt. There's no way in hell he would come back in any other surcumstances. Show is the most underutilized talent that Vince's gruppy little hands got his hands on. Pauls not coming back unless he is givin what is rightfully his, trust me. It's one of the reasons he decided not to resign in the first place. From what I hear he's gotten himself into the best shape he's been in years. Add that to the fact that he's a big man (actually a true life giant) that can actually wrestle, this is gonna be good.

When he won the ECW Title in 06'. He was overweight no doubt, but it seemed to spark a fire under him and he gave the best performances I've seen out of him since his late 2002-2003 performances. My bet this time he's all Show, no politics, no bs, this is gonna be Paul's time. I can feel it, and I for one can't wait.