WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-21-2011, 10:18 PM

thomas1027 is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default 2/21/11: Taker/HHH Segment (Keep All Discussion In Here)

so for weeks we have seen these promos and thats the best that they can do? i didnt know wwe sucked so bad. they kill the storyline with hhh vs sheamus and after all the promos, you have them both come out, not talking, no nothing. just to stare at each other. and to top things off, then sheamus is in the next match. how bad is wwe right now. wrestlemania is going to be horrible. i can say i probrally am not the only one who is dissapointed. its time to cross that line. cant be much worse over there. holy crap. the sad thing is there gonna charge 55 dollars for this crap. ill quote ron simmons, DAMN......
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
It's showtime!

xGotTheEdgex is looking to come up from OCW...

Like I said in a different thread, this segment was probably the biggest waste of time (except for today's diva division) that we have seen on WWE tv in years. For weeks they hyped 2/21/11. Undertaker returns, we all expected that, and before Undertaker can even say a word, HHH returns. Both stand there, completely silent and thats it? This segment had no where near the impact I think WWE wanted it to have. The Rock is the only reason to even think about purchasing Wrestlemania this year now. I'm not impressed with WWE at all at this point.

sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 PM

Mr. Perfect/Ziggler Fan is looking to come up from OCW...

Soooo, are you going to stop watching, like you said in your other thread? Which, by the way, should just be merged with this one.

Yeah, it was somewhat dissapointing, IF you were looking for Sting to show up (which I was hoping for). Like many other poster's have said, it was all self-hype. For whatever reason, everyone was under the impression that Sting was showing up. It was nothing but wishful thinking.

But, anyway, since it was all just hype built by the online community, it's hard to get mad at WWE. Have a good time over there...

Thanks Theo!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Mr. Ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Very disappointing.....I mean, Taker barely has time to take that 45-gallon hat off, and Motorhead blares. What was the meaning of that?? I remember back when Shawn Michaels came out a few weeks ago to celebrate his HOF induction, and he didn't say a word, and in the process of about 10 minutes, watched the cheers, watched ADR come out, and proceeded to tune up the band.....and then left, didn't say a word. Fans ate it up, i despised it. Same thing tonight, and the fans were completely against Taker....he got zero pop as he came down the ramp, and a small pop for his raising of the lights. HHH gets a huge pop, and during the staredown, the crowd is firmly with HHH.....i'm wondering what the WWE will do with this, because it the streak is to stay intact at 19-0, and Taker goes away for 6 months, do they even bring him back again??? I'm a Taker mark, but given that response tonight, i think this is his last Wrestlemania.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

I guess I have to educate why the segment was not disappointing in the slightest. What you just saw was HHH and Undertaker telling a story without having to say a damn word. Just by their reaction and body language, you knew what they wanted and you know what's going to happen and they did a damn good job of doing it. You need to get your head checked if you thought that was a disappointing segment.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 PM

Mr. Perfect/Ziggler Fan is looking to come up from OCW...

It was a dissapointing segment, even if you didn't expect Sting. Undertaker returning isn't special anymore. Yeah, they told a story, but all the hype for this?

I agree with thomas in a way, but just to say he won't watch anymore specifically because STING didn't show up, that's crazy.

Thanks Theo!
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 PM
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1027 View Post
i need to get my head checked? it was more than dissapointing. the promo meant shit
This post meant shit is more like it. You don't have to cut a promo to make a match and Undertaker and HHH just proved it. You'll see why in the next few weeks if it wasn't that obvious.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 PM

Mr. Ass is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy George Constanza View Post
I guess I have to educate why the segment was not disappointing in the slightest. What you just saw was HHH and Undertaker telling a story without having to say a damn word. Just by their reaction and body language, you knew what they wanted and you know what's going to happen and they did a damn good job of doing it. You need to get your head checked if you thought that was a disappointing segment.
I'd like to see them do that for the next six weeks, and we'll see when the fans stop giving a shit. They just wasted a week of backstory. The match may not need the build-up, since the average fan understands that HHH is seeking retribution for 'Taker retiring HBK, but it just seemed to be a waste to me. This MAY be the one instance that you can do what they did, since they have six weeks for build-up....but i just see all the 2.21.11 drama as a complete waste of time, maybe Creative will come back to the Buried Alive match from months back, but I don't see that happening, since HHH's pop tonight probably showed that he's a complete face through this match. Also, I really don't think HH is done, so I don't see this match being Streak vs. Career. I guess we'll see soon enough...
Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...

I thought that the segment was brilliant. It planted the seeds for an Undertaker vs Triple H match. It also shows that a silent segment can work. Yes, we all figured out weeks ago that the Undertaker was coming back, and if you read the dirt sheets, you probably already knew that it was going to be Triple H vs Taker at Mania. The body language told a story. Not every segment needs to be a 20 minute monologue like what we got last week with the Rock. Sometimes the simplest segments work out the best. It wasn't creative being lazy, it was creative letting the two longest tenured guys on the WWE roster do their thing.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 PM
TNA Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ass View Post
I'd like to see them do that for the next six weeks, and we'll see when the fans stop giving a shit. They just wasted a week of backstory. The match may not need the build-up, since the average fan understands that HHH is seeking retribution for 'Taker retiring HBK, but it just seemed to be a waste to me. This MAY be the one instance that you can do what they did, since they have six weeks for build-up....but i just see all the 2.21.11 drama as a complete waste of time, maybe Creative will come back to the Buried Alive match from months back, but I don't see that happening, since HHH's pop tonight probably showed that he's a complete face through this match. Also, I really don't think HH is done, so I don't see this match being Streak vs. Career. I guess we'll see soon enough...
They have six weeks to build this story up which is enough time and they started tonight so it wasn't a waste of time. This is no different than 90% of the storylines in the WWE. They will and so far have done a fine job of building it up.