WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Wh Has Been The Most Underused Talent Of 2007?
A.J. Styles 102 28.33%
Carlito 91 25.28%
Petey Williams 50 13.89%
Senshi 24 6.67%
The World's Greatest Tag Team 93 25.83%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...
Default WZ End Of Year Awards: Underused Talent Of The Year

Which talent has been criminally underused throughout the year? Vote here.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-15-2007, 05:56 AM
I am The Last Baron
ECW Champion

Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...

Both members of the WGTT were criminally under utilized. A Manager for them would have worked as then they could do what both do best and Wrestle. Both were also the result of idiots in the audience having heard about the Charlie Haas pop don't do anything because they think it is cool.

AJ was doing what his character needed to do and get some character to him and to make himself as a proper heel. It is a good thing that he spent this time in the shadows of Christian Cage and Kurt Angle because he can learn more this way than putting him a ring against them. Both Petey Williams and Senshi were both under utilised this year as both could have either made LAX bigger/Better (Senshi) or been a good X-Division champ, but both got the short end of the stick for the X-Division title as that title is not what it once was. Carlito the WWE made unhappy due to him not working properly and the direction they were going with his character, he brought it upon himself really.
Originally Posted by Me To Mr Wrestling 3:I have called you the Last Great Journeyman Champion. Would you consider that a fair assessment, since it puts you in with the Likes of Brody, Race, Rhodes, Nature Boy and Thesz.
I would but on a very different level. While I spent years traveling the world as both the AWA and NWA World champion I never had the chance to draw the numbers that these guys did. Would I have been able to draw in the 60's and 70's? Maybe now in my 2008 shape and wrestling style but remember those guys worked 380 shots a year.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Bejamin & Haas would be very over if they just let them wrestle. I was excited about them reforming. But WWE hasn't done anything with them. I might be mistaken but their only PPV appearence this year as a team was at One Night Stand. And didn't they steal the show? WWE didn't capitalize on that. They should because they were super-over for a whole week after that match. They didn't even have a title run.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

Easily the world's Greatest Tag Team. I just don't under stand why the WWE is so hell bent on breaking these guys wrestling ability. It's so fucking stupid it's mind boggling but hey, it's the WWE what do I expect. It's not talent that gets you over, it's crappy shit gimmicks.

sendpm.gif
Old 12-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

As opposed to good shit gimmicks?

I went for Senshi. He would never have got over in the upper rungs but I can't recall a single feud he's had this year. I don't think there were any. Any real ones that weren't just thrown together to fill an empty slot on a PPV card anyway. He could have easily have had some short programs with guys like Dutt or Daniels, and wowed the crowds. Instead, he played Elix Skipper's bitch and that was the highlight of the year for him. Shame, he had such a promising 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Meh, I do'nt care much for this list. AJ was hardly underused, and the other choices don't have much talent. Potential, perhaps, but not talent.

I would have to say that Matt Hardy would be my choice. While his brother Jeff finally looks to be breaking into the main-event scene, Matt has been stuck with midcard obscurity again. They never know what to do with Matt, and yet he gets some of the best pops on the Smackdown roster.

I go Matt Hardy.

Out of these choices, I have to say AJ, simply because he's the only one with talent.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-16-2007, 02:19 AM

DayDreamer is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted for Petey, he's just grossly underused, remember those awesome x div matches he had when he was the champ? thats what he WAS capable of over 2 years ago, now I think he's much more evolved. As much as I love watching him on tv, I fear the worst from the whole maple muscle thing.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Mrs. Danielson
ROH Pure Champion

RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...RVDgurl is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via MSN to RVDgurl

Senshi - TNA missed the boat on this guy. He is an incredible talent (Sly, you're rediculous) and it is so sad that TNA did not push him more.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Celtic Warrior
WWF Hardcore Champion

Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...Skullz Crack'Em worked a dark match on ECW recently...

World's Greatest Tag Team. Was there even a point to reforming them when WWE didn't do a damn thing with them? They deserved a nice long title reign IMO, but they ended up being jobbers to the bigger stars. It looks like Shelton is finally going to get a chance to shine on ECW and may actually win the ECW World title somewhere down the road. Charlie Haas on the other hand, did not catch a break and I see him getting released soon.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:47 PM

patzoitaliano is looking to come up from OCW...

As much as i want to say The WGTT, I have to go with Carlito. How much more underused could you get. Was he even in a PPV this year? Wasn't he once part of the elimination chamber? He's a phenominal athlete, he's good on the mic and he can work the crowd to whichever direction he wants. Back in late 2005 to early 2006 I was guessing nothing but a big push for this guy. I even thought he would at least get a spot in MITB. At least they're trying to build Shelton up on ECW but Carlito is playing looney toons with Hornswoggle!
sendpm.gif