WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives > Sports Debater's League
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
A Jock That Loves Pepsi
WWF Hardcore Champion

CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...CH David is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahconstrictor View Post
CH: I think in terms of what they have done for their sport, Tiger has beaten Jordan. Sure, Jordan is the player that everyone else dreams of being, but there will never be another one. As for Tiger, he revolutionized golf, and took it to a whole new level. Jordan just dominated and honestly made the playoffs a bit predictable. Tiger has lost, and he has played through an entire tourney with a hurt knee. Don't think Jordan ever did that.
Really? Noah, are you kidding me?

Jordan didn't take the NBA to a new level of popularity, but Tiger did with golf? He didn't transcend basketball and become mainstream? Wooooooow. You cease to amaze me with utter stupidity.

I honestly don't understand what having to do with being the greatest basketball player has to do with anything. So there will never be another Jordan, big fucking deal. There won't be another Tiger will there? Let's toss him out of the discussion! Christ do you read what you write? Jordan made the playoffs predictable, potentially. But that didn't mean they weren't exciting. 5 of the 6 Finals series went 6 games, with only the first Bulls championship being won 4 games to 1. Yeah that is just so predictable.

As far as Tiger playing a whole tournament with a bum knee, wooooooooooow he is so courageous! Jordan played Game 5 of the '97 Finals with flu-like symptoms.

Click for Spoiler:
He remembers waking up in the middle of the night, sweating profusely, shaking, and feeling as if he was going to die. "I was scared; I didn't know what was happening to me," Michael Jordan would say.

At first, he thought it was a nightmare. Then he realized it was real, that he was seriously ill. "I felt partially paralyzed," he would later say.

When he lifted himself up from his bed in his Utah hotel room, his head began spinning. He'd never been so nauseated before. He feared that somehow, some way, someone had slipped some kind of drug in something he ate.

It was the middle of the night in Salt Lake City, an off day between Games 4 and 5. The series was tied, 2-2, following Utah's second consecutive win, but how in the world could Jordan play in this condition in Game 5?

Jordan called the Bulls' medical personnel, which came rushing to his room. They determined that he was suffering from food poisoning or an intestinal stomach virus. "There's no way you'll be able to play Game 5," Jordan was told.

Jordan remains in bed for the next 24 hours, missing the Bulls' morning practices the day before and the day of Game 5. He had lost several pounds. He was dehydrated. Then, at 3 p.m., just three hours before tip-off, Jordan rose from his hotel bed and dragged himself to the Delta Center.

Jordan would put up 38 and lead the Bulls to a key win that put the Bulls up 3-2 against a tough Jazz opponent, nearly collapsing and passing out during the entire game. Yeah, he definitely did nothing like Tiger playing with a bum knee.
I thought you were dead. Good to see you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
Go get me a fucking Pepsi, you wanker.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 AM
I survived the Rapture

I Suck Ass is looking to come up from OCW...I Suck Ass is looking to come up from OCW...I Suck Ass is looking to come up from OCW...I Suck Ass is looking to come up from OCW...I Suck Ass is looking to come up from OCW...

That's one game. If anything, what Jordan did was stupid. He potentally put his carrer on the the line for one game. Of course the same can be said for Tiger. I honestly think that's it's kind of stupid to debate who is more important to their sport, seeing as that's not what the thread is about. So let's debate what the topic is about, who is more famous internationally. And that would still be Tiger. He was famous at the age of 2. He played golf on late night TV. Meanwhile, Jordan wasn't even on his high school team until his junior year. Millions of people knew who Tiger was by the time Tiger became a pro. I don't think too many people who Jordan was until he got to UNC.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

This topic really only boils down to three guys; Ali, Jordan, and Pele. Tiger is still too young at this point in his career and just hasn't reached an international audience for as long or as well as the three previously mentioned athletes have. Beckham is in the same boat as Tiger plus he isn't even the most internationally famous athlete in his own sport. Pele absolutely shits on him when it comes to soccer fame.

When it comes to Ali, Jordan, and Pele the first to get eliminated is MJ. As famous as Jordan is around the world with all of his endorsements and all he did for the game of basketball, helping to make it more of an international sport, he just hasn't done the types of things like Ali and Pele have. Both Ali and Pele have done work with the United Nations, both have won awards and been honored in multiple countries and Jordan just isn't at that level, at least not yet.

When it comes to Ali and Pele it is close but I give the slight edge to Ali not just for the reasons mentioned in my opening post but also because the fact that Ali's Muslim religion has had him travel the world even more then he has for non-religious reasons. Ali on average is traveling more then 200 days per year. Pele is a great humanitarian himself but I'm not sure he can even compete with that. During Ali's prime boxing was arguably the second biggest spectator sport around the world so although Pele has a slight advantage with futbol being the most popular international sport, it isn't as big of an advantage as you may think.