WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Carry On My Wayward Son
Knockout Champion

Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default John Morrison: Bully Speech

I have done my damnedest to defend John Morrison. I love the guy. He's was one half of my favorite tag team, he's been in one of my top 5 favorite matches. I've repeatedly thought his mic skills would improve, and that when they did, he would make it to the big time. It's becoming clear that John Morrison is down right lame. Last night on Raw he gave a BULLY speech to Sheamus, which aside from being a terrible way to hype a fued between two full grown men, also made me embarressed to be a JoMo fan. I think John Morrison should lose this fued, and be taken off of T.V. for a couple of months- to recieve somekind of public speaking lessons. The man has all the physical abilities needed to be a World Champion, but none of the charisma or verbal capability. Am I wrong in this highly unrealistic idea? Was John's speech about bullies just a great gosh darn way to teach the children a valuable moral lesson?

sendpm.gif
Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Is a thin rope
WWF Hardcore Champion

Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemnas View Post
I have done my damnedest to defend John Morrison. I love the guy. He's was one half of my favorite tag team, he's been in one of my top 5 favorite matches. I've repeatedly thought his mic skills would improve, and that when they did, he would make it to the big time. It's becoming clear that John Morrison is down right lame. Last night on Raw he gave a BULLY speech to Sheamus, which aside from being a terrible way to hype a fued between two full grown men, also made me embarressed to be a JoMo fan. I think John Morrison should lose this fued, and be taken off of T.V. for a couple of months- to recieve somekind of public speaking lessons. The man has all the physical abilities needed to be a World Champion, but none of the charisma or verbal capability. Am I wrong in this highly unrealistic idea? Was John's speech about bullies just a great gosh darn way to teach the children a valuable moral lesson?
So Morrison sucks on the mic because he's given shit material to work with? Mind explaining the writers' shitty script is a comment on Morrison's mic skills? Wrestlers (normally) don't make up promos as they go and say what they're told. Morrison was told to go out and call Sheamus a bully.

Now, don't get me wrong Morrison is not good on the mic. But if he's given decent material he's actually passable on the mic.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Enjoying Wrestling
WWE Diva's Champion

MrHashasheen is looking to come up from OCW...MrHashasheen is looking to come up from OCW...MrHashasheen is looking to come up from OCW...MrHashasheen is looking to come up from OCW...MrHashasheen is looking to come up from OCW...MrHashasheen is looking to come up from OCW...MrHashasheen is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Oh no, I'm totally with you. He killed all the suspense and buildup for me that Santino did for him with that idiotic speech. I'm with you that he should lose the feud and take some lessons. So yeah, that's one more storyline heading into Survivor Series that I'm going to ignore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by how klunderbunker realized wrestling was fake View Post
Well my mom took me to house shows when I was a kid and kept reminding me it was fake.

Last edited by MrHashasheen : 11-17-2010 at 10:16 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Morrison just sucks overall. He's terrible on the stick, he's a terrible actor in promos, and he's a terrible wrestler with shitty offense and sub-par selling. Why the fuck people used to think he was good is beyond me. The guy has never been good. He had a good look and could do flippys...that's all he's ever had.

Does he have potential? Possibly. But he doesn't have the skill.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Future Endeavored

TheSDQQKidJoe is looking to come up from OCW...

I read that TNA is kinda doing some sort of Anti Bully thing. WWE, probably tried to counter with JOMO's speech. So i guess thats the whole reason the speech was made. Its sorta too late to be give it especially because thsi is the last raw before the match at Survivor Series. But Sheamus did get his brogue kick in before raw ended so i guess the speech was in a right place.

The speech of itself was lame. A legend should of made it not JOMO. He lost some major points with me

Last edited by TheSDQQKidJoe : 11-17-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM
I Am The One Who Knocks
WCW TV Champion

Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Monkey_Mania

Yeah, I used to be a huge Morrison fan, but they've given him all the time in the world to improve and he's still not really getting over. It's because he flat out sucks. It doesn't matter if the writers give him shit to work with, if he was any good at all he could turn shit into gold, or at least silver. But he's not able to. Solid mid-carder, but I am now realizing that if he breaks into the top tier in the WWE, it will be a miracle.

sendpm.gif
Old 11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Carry On My Wayward Son
Knockout Champion

Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...Xemmy Le'Beau worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Remix View Post
So Morrison sucks on the mic because he's given shit material to work with? Mind explaining the writers' shitty script is a comment on Morrison's mic skills? Wrestlers (normally) don't make up promos as they go and say what they're told. Morrison was told to go out and call Sheamus a bully.

Now, don't get me wrong Morrison is not good on the mic. But if he's given decent material he's actually passable on the mic.
Wrestlers usually have a lot of freedom on the mic, and even if they're told to say something specific they can still say it differently. And even if the creative team lays down the specifics, they can still say no. I highly. HIGHLY. Doubt the creative team told him to call Sheamus a bully. And even if they did, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to say no. Every wrestling book I've read involving WWE superstars has had a story or two about something creative wanted them to do or say, and they just said no. Yeah, you can't say no all the time, but wrestlers have creative control over what they do, and do not say.

sendpm.gif
Old 11-16-2010, 07:10 PM

Kesteral is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
I highly. HIGHLY. Doubt the creative team told him to call Sheamus a bully. And even if they did, it would have been the easiest thing in the world to say no.
So John Morrison should risk the one fued he's had in the last maybe six months that looks like it's going anywhere, the one fued that might elevate him up the card and will definately give him a PPV singles match which gives him a bonus, gives him the opportunity to prove himself against one of the hottest guys right now who's also a former world champion, just so he doesn't look lame by talking about bullying? Right..

It's obvious there hasn't been that much thought put into the fued and it's a typical face standing up for what's right to the heel who doesn't care but they've built it around a bullying angle. If he had said no to the bullying promo then I'm sure he have been dropped from the fued and one of the other twenty or so generic faces would have stepped in. Not everyone gets a say on what happens, especially someone they're giving a chance too.

I must admit I thought the way he delivered that speech was horrible and you could tell he wasn't into it but it's a fued. A fued against a credible and established star who was main eventing a month ago. In all honesty what else was he going to say? Sheamus had been picking on Santino and he was bullying him, if he hadn't said those exact words you'd be jumping on the bandwagon thinking this is a good fued for him.

I think everyone knows what John Morrisons strengths are and they've been playing to them by hyping up his parkour and free running abilities and not so much his wooden acting. There's quite a few other guys who've broken through with not so stellar promo ability so he has a chance to make it big. If he didn't have his looks though he'd literally have zero chance I feel.

If the fued doesn't come to much and really is just a transition for Sheamus to be out of the title picture for a while then I can't say much for his chances. We'll just have to see how it pans out. All I can say is that he's been given a shot and it's up to him now.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

That's WWE for you. They want the KIDS to associate Sheamus as a bully. Something they have in their lives, and JoMo is the deffender. Give me a fucking break. "Bully". Ugh ... when will the WWE realize that shit like that works for the kids but not the adults? It kills entire feuds.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

drobs85 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Yeah Morrison needs drastic work on the stick. But i can't blame his terrible bully speech from last night on him. As i strongly believe he didn't write this speech. Creative i'm almost sure wrote it. Only Cena, and taker, and triple h probably have the freedom to come up with most of their own stuff. So to blame Morrison is crazy. But the speech was terrible and unoriginal, let alone extremely basic and short.