WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Well, not sure how him in a throwaway makes sense (as opposed to him in some sort of storyline). But of course, we need HHH vs Shane.

Assuming that we get Broken/Woken Matt, would you prefer that Jeff be a part of it or that he gets a singles babyface push?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Jeff needs to be there. He's the much bigger star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:21 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
Yeah I've always thought it was. Meltzer continues to miss the point of so much wrestling and shows his ridiculous levels of bias.
Not that I disagree with his bias, but the awards were voted on by a panel of Meltzer and his friend's before they became largely fan voted when The Observer shifted toward being an online thing. I'm normally one of the first to point out his bias towards Japanese and spot monkey wrestling, but this isn't 100% on him.

Oh, I should ask a question. I've been thinking about Bullet Club lately after some of the recent articles about their shirt sales and how they are changing the wrestling world. At what point do you think they became over saturated? What started originally as four foreign heels in Japan has expanded to include damn near every notable independent wrestler in the world.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:28 PM

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
Not that I disagree with his bias, but the awards were voted on by a panel of Meltzer and his friend's before they became largely fan voted when The Observer shifted toward being an online thing. I'm normally one of the first to point out his bias towards Japanese and spot monkey wrestling, but this isn't 100% on him.
I get that response a lot and my response is almost always the same:

Who do you think Meltzer is going to allow to vote on these things? People who say he's a quack or people who think in a very similar vein to him? Same with the voters today: the people who vote on it are often going to be Meltzer fans and think along a similar line to him. So no he might not be the only person voting, but he's the biggest influence on the people who do most of the voting.

Quote:
Oh, I should ask a question. I've been thinking about Bullet Club lately after some of the recent articles about their shirt sales and how they are changing the wrestling world. At what point do you think they became over saturated? What started originally as four foreign heels in Japan has expanded to include damn near every notable independent wrestler in the world.
As soon as the next cool act comes up. It's happened forever and it'll happen again.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:59 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

Broken Matt Hardy is without a doubt the best work of Matt's career.

Was it quality in terms of the character that Broken Matt outdid 2005 out for revenge Matt Hardy or was it simply a case of execution being poor for the latter since WWE never wanted to commit to Hardy in the long game? They could've, and probably should've, given Matt the belt during that run. I believe you said as much in a review, likely Unforgiven, when he was one of the hottest stars on the roster even after the stuff-up that was Edge vs. Matt at SS.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:04 AM

It's way up there, though the in-ring stuff isn't as good as it used to be (for obvious reasons). I'm cautiously optimistic about how he'll be treated in WWE, but there's a chance it's going to rock.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:31 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

We criticize the WWE now for sticking to the plan for the sake of sticking to the plan when it's clear change should be made. One thing that gets criticized about WCW is the title change from Hogan to Luger on Nitro. Nash has said that the crowd reactions were organic, Luger had been getting bigger pops and it was time for a change even though they had been building towards the Sting thing for so long. I watched the Luger win a few minutes ago, the reaction when he makes his comeback and motions for the torture rack is fantastic. The pop when he wins is loud as hell.

We're currently in a situation where things are similar with Lesnar playing the role of Hogan and Roman being Sting, you could say Strowman was Luger but never got the title win.

Was it the right call for Luger to win the belt? What influence did it have on the impact of Hogan/Sting at Starrcade? Can you see parallels between Hogan/Sting/Luger and Lesnar/Roman/Strowman?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:33 AM

Yeah it was fine as he lost it back really soon. It didn't have much impact, as there were so many problems with Sting vs. Hogan that the Luger title switch was completely forgotten.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:05 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

future admin is looking to come up from OCW...future admin is looking to come up from OCW...future admin is looking to come up from OCW...future admin is looking to come up from OCW...future admin is looking to come up from OCW...future admin is looking to come up from OCW...

Does Wyatt go over Matt Hardy or does he fall further down the card?
Old 12-05-2017, 04:39 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Besides Over The Limit 2012 (Johnny Ace vs. John Cena), have there been any other comedy matches to end a PPV? (Or network event or special feature or whatever.)

Not counting Warrior/Hogan from Halloween Havoc because that was unintentional comedy.