WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

I was having the peak value vs. career value discussion with someone yesterday. If you're unfamiliar with it, the idea is that to be an "all-time great", there's a certain amount of service time required- but there's also "peak value", which is when for a small amount of time, someone is absolutely leaps and bounds above everyone else- but doesn't really put in the amount of years where you could call them an "all-time great".

The classic example is in baseball, where people will call Randy Johnson the greatest left-handed pitcher of all time, but they're always sure to also mention Sandy Koufax's five years where he was the Literal Left Hand of God. The discussion I had yesterday had nothing to do with professional wrestling, but it did get me thinking about how the peak vs. career value discussion would apply to professional wrestling.

OBVIOUSLY, the patron saint of peak value in professional wrestling would be Goldberg, but you have a good memory for these sort of minutiae. Do you know of some other examples of people with otherwise unimpressive careers, but for a short while were spectacularly awesome? (Whether that be in terms of card position, match quality, or whatever metric you care to use.)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
What is the reason behind that title change? The Shield one I get it, they wanted Shield vs New Day, but they even created the video package for Brock vs Jinder, it seems rather suspicious to change that now.
I think it's a combination of the company realizing that there's no interest in Lesnar vs. Mahal and it's not like Raw vs. Smackdown is all that thrilling of a concept. You need a big match to draw people in and Styles vs. Lesnar is one of their best options to do that. Also the idea of Mahal winning the title back in India is probably rather tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
I was having the peak value vs. career value discussion with someone yesterday. If you're unfamiliar with it, the idea is that to be an "all-time great", there's a certain amount of service time required- but there's also "peak value", which is when for a small amount of time, someone is absolutely leaps and bounds above everyone else- but doesn't really put in the amount of years where you could call them an "all-time great".

The classic example is in baseball, where people will call Randy Johnson the greatest left-handed pitcher of all time, but they're always sure to also mention Sandy Koufax's five years where he was the Literal Left Hand of God. The discussion I had yesterday had nothing to do with professional wrestling, but it did get me thinking about how the peak vs. career value discussion would apply to professional wrestling.

OBVIOUSLY, the patron saint of peak value in professional wrestling would be Goldberg, but you have a good memory for these sort of minutiae. Do you know of some other examples of people with otherwise unimpressive careers, but for a short while were spectacularly awesome? (Whether that be in terms of card position, match quality, or whatever metric you care to use.)
Well first of all, Warren Spahn.

Ultimate Warrior would be way up there. He debuted on the main stage in 1987, got hot in 1988, had a horrible title reign in 1990 and was all but done by 1992, save for a few brief comebacks here and there.

Tommy Rich, who had an acceptable career but for a brief time in the early 80s was over like free beer in a frat house.

On a far lower scale, maybe someone like Eugene, who wrestled in OVW for years and got hot in WWE for a few months before they completely screwed up the character and ruined the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:54 PM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

No valuable input here, I just wanted to give credit for a great question by Rayne and answer by klunderbunker. Really interesting topic, it's probably going to stew in my brain most of the day. kb name dropping both Warren Spahn and Tommy Rich made this one of my favorite posts ever.

I'm gonna' drop Carlton and Kershaw(much as I loathe to, being a Giants fan. At least I can still tab him with the "choker" label ) into the lefty discussion as honorable mentions.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:58 PM

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Kershaw has more to prove to me. Carlton was insanely good and very underrated. I actually got to meet him earlier this year as he made an appearance at a store opening here. Nice guy.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:45 PM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

So how many world title reigns does AJ Styles have now?

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 03:56 PM

9. Two IWGP, five, TNA/NWA, two WWE.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Bunch of questions. Requesting for all in order. As in ranking.

Best 5 PPVs by TNA/IMPACT in all-time?

Best 5 PPVs by WWE from 2011 to now?

Best 5 PPVs by WWE before 2011?

Best 5 TakeOvers?

Best 5 Lucha Underground episodes of all time?

Best 5 ROH PPVS of all time?

Best 5 WWE matches from 2011 to now?

Best 5 WWE matches before 2011?
Old 11-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Bunch of questions. Requesting for all in order. As in ranking.

Best 5 PPVs by TNA/IMPACT in all-time?

Best 5 PPVs by WWE from 2011 to now?

Best 5 PPVs by WWE before 2011?

Best 5 TakeOvers?

Best 5 Lucha Underground episodes of all time?

Best 5 ROH PPVS of all time?

Best 5 WWE matches from 2011 to now?

Best 5 WWE matches before 2011?
....no.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Oh. Fine. Was just gonna watch those reviews and then watch them. No problem.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Oh. Fine. Was just gonna watch those reviews and then watch them. No problem.
I'll do some of those but that kind of a list would take me way too long.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.