WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-29-2015, 04:01 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
Did WCW make more money in 1997 or 1998? And why?
I would guess 1997 as they had a full slate of pay per views and didn't have the mess of Halloween Havoc 1998.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
With the ratings being down and the throw the ball in the air game thingy about to start for another season, what are the chances that we see Cena get the title before Survivor Series?
Pretty solid, though I'm not as worried about the ratings. That has much more to do with people not watching TV than it does not watching Raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbv13 View Post
Thank you. Thats was awesome. Damn near everything about that match is why anyone should love wrestling.
Yep. There are so many forgotten classics like that out there if you look hard enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:37 AM
Enjoying Wrestling
WWE Diva's Champion

MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrHashasheen worked a dark match on ECW recently...

IIRC, the money they made in 1998 covered their losses from the pre-Bischoff years. Also, they still made 125 million in 2000, despite the additional operating costs of 60 million.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:42 AM

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

I'd love to see that 125 million broken down. If they were that profitable, they wouldn't have been going under.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:37 AM
"Original Blade"
WWE European Champion

Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...Blade is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade

I assume Bischoff had full control of the budget, right? Did he have any kind of financial background, or was this just Heyman's ECW financial management on a bigger scale?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

I knew the answer to this question years ago but what's the pay-per-view where Austin has the AUSTIN 3:16 glass over the entranceway that shatters just before he walks through it? The one they always use in highlight packages? I know there's a version that doesn't work quite as well at Survivor Series 1997.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I assume Bischoff had full control of the budget, right? Did he have any kind of financial background, or was this just Heyman's ECW financial management on a bigger scale?
No background that I know of. He didn't have full control of it but he pretty much had a blank checkbook for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
I knew the answer to this question years ago but what's the pay-per-view where Austin has the AUSTIN 3:16 glass over the entranceway that shatters just before he walks through it? The one they always use in highlight packages? I know there's a version that doesn't work quite as well at Survivor Series 1997.
He did it at a few shows, including Wrestlemania 13 and I believe Summerslam 1998. There's also the chance it was done in a studio somewhere and spliced in.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Given Hulk Hogan's creative control contract provision.....added to his apparent dislike of putting over other performers.....how in the world did they get him to drop his world title cleanly to Ultimate Warrior at WM6?

Have you ever seen the match? I thought the technical wrestling aspect stunk.....but man, those guys knew how to tell a story.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:34 AM

Hogan didn't have as much control in the WWF. As for him dropping it, he probably wanted a break from being on top after all those years. Keep in mind that he was still in the main event scene though and would have the title back a year later.

Indeed it's not great but drama has always been and will always be more important than the amount of moves you can do. Indy companies have a real problem understanding this.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:32 AM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
Pretty solid, though I'm not as worried about the ratings. That has much more to do with people not watching TV than it does not watching Raw.
I respectfully disagree. If you poll people who watched in the late 90's, early 00's on why they're not watching anymore, chances are it's because WWE isn't as good as it used to be. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_Sports_Entertainer View Post
I respectfully disagree. If you poll people who watched in the late 90's, early 00's on why they're not watching anymore, chances are it's because WWE isn't as good as it used to be. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
I'd be curious to see what would happen if those people were around today and had:

Phones
The Network
So much internet access to sites which post detailed recaps seconds after the show is over
DVR

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote: