WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Grapefruits of Wrath
Knockout Champion

Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default What song are you currently listening to?

So I'm sure many of you are familiar with a thread very similar to this one that used to be located in the music section, but was moved to the GSD because of excessive spam. So to prevent the same situation from happening again I'm going to make a couple rules for this thread very clear.

DON'T POST JUST THE MUSIC VIDEO OR SONG.

PROVIDE A DESCRIPTION.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THE SONG? WHY DO YOU LIKE THE MUSIC? HOW DOES THE MUSIC MAKE YOU FEEL?

You don't have to answer all of these question, in fact you don't have to answer any of these questions, there simply there as ideas to point you in the right direction and to help make your music posting experience more enjoyable. As long as you provide some type of reasoning to why you chose the song that you did you'll have nothing to worry about.

I will be handing out infractions to those you choose to simply just post a music video without any form of description or explanation.

Now that we've taken care of the business end of this let move onto the music. I know that every single one of you listens to music in one way or another, so I encourage everyone to start posting more in the music forum, and this thread is a great place to get started.

So I recently was introduced to the artist Dam-Funk through one of those spiffy online radio stations. The song 10-west kept popping up on a few of my different radio stations and every time the track came on I felt as if I was cruising with some random homeys in their low rider, South Central L.A, circa 1992.

Dâm Funk - 10 West

This mans funk is as authentic as it gets, apparently he uses vintage synths and old recording equipment to harness that classic funk sound from the 70's and 80's and more recently the sound used 90's gangsta rap.

Everything is recorded out of the garage of Dam-Funk on his L.A residence, and his funky synths and beats are now my official end of summer theme music, especially when I'm just cruising round town on a Sunday afternoon. This really is the perfect music for any occasion, and I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good beat, perfectionist work on the synthesizer or anyone who enjoys getting down to some old school funk.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion

The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor

The Megas - The Annihilation of Monsteropolis (Acoustic)

I first learned about The Megas via Overclocked Remix, a fantastic site that provides free, high-quality music. It's all based on videogame music, but it's so well-done that anyone not familiar with the source wouldn't know the difference. Anyway, I was browsing through the Mega Man sections, because that game series always has great music and the Remixers there are top-notch, and I stumbled upon the non-acoustic version of this little beauty. I remember enjoying it, but I never remembered the title or artist. It was just some song I listened to on OCR.

Fast forward a few months. I was researching The Protomen (my favorite band) and I saw that there was some band out there called The Megas that remixed and added lyrics to Mega Man songs. Intrigued, I downloaded their EP, Megatainment and I was blown away. I immediately downloaded their debut album Get Equipped and found out that The Annihilation of Monsteropolis was on there. A few months after I got into them, they released their acoustic version of Get Equipped, Get Acoustic, and it was excellent. Monsteropolis is one of my favorite tracks off of it. It takes the previously rage-filled song and changes it to an epic, sorrowful ballad. The emotions in this track are fantastic.

The Megas have recently released their second EP, Sparked A War, as a kind of teaser for their next album. It's high quality, featuring four fantastic songs. If you like what you hear, definitely check out their other stuff.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Has Returned.
Intercontinental Champion

Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...

Yep, this is just awesomeness. I'm already loving SSC as moderator. Thank you for bringing this pearl back.

So, if you've talked to me in the past 3-4 days period of time on MSN, you'd know I've been listening to this song for like the whole week whenever I had music on. I've always been somewhat of Nightwish fan, and recently I watched some World of Warcraft made movie with this one rolling in the credits. I simply had to find it, because I was drawn into it immediately.

The lyrics isn't really that big of a thing for me, the chorus is really where it all lies for me. Mainly because of the awesome play of instruments, sound-effects and the awesome voice of Tarja. The song is well done, and it pretty much has a large mix of guitar solo (Which is fucking awesome as well), song and length.

Overall the song is awesome, but like I said, the chorus is really my preferable thing, so much that I've actually caught myself restarting the song from the point where the chorus goes double near the end.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
What's really good?
WWE Diva's Champion

The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I wondered happen to my favorite music thread. Thanks for bringing it back SSC but on to the topic.

Pastor Troy - PT Cruiser

I started to like this song and Pastor Troy when my dad used to play when we go fishing on the weekends. Pastor Troy has become one of my favorite hip-hop artists today. I guess this is due to the fact that most of his stuff is underground in Atlanta. I like to play this particular song when I'm driving most of the time. It seems like the perfect song that you can listen to while your car is in cruise control on the highway.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Formerly known as AD Angelic Diablo
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...Avrusha92 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Avrusha92 Send a message via Skype™ to Avrusha92

I am very into Metal/Hard Rock now, and this summer my friend (who is a huge Pantera fan) Showed me Pantera, which I heard of but never really liked it. Until recently, ME and my friend decided to find a metal song that you could rap to, and we came up with this...5 minute alone would be an amazing Metal tune to rap to.

I enjoy this song among Walk, Cemetary Gates, Cowboys from Hell, and Domination

Im not crazy about the vocals in this song, The guitar in this song drives me nuts, and gives me an adrenaline rush when i work out. I LOVE IT.

Only fitting to create a new sig for the occasion, #thankyoutaker
Formerly known as Angelic Diablo...Drink it maaaan

Last edited by Avrusha92 : 09-22-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: The video ws not allowed to be embeded by request.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:50 PM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It Hurts me too- Eric Clapton

I got Clapton's From the Cradle album from a friend yesterday. I need to go over songs for bass practise, but I'm stuck on this song. Clapton sings like a black man here. Has a lotta raw emotion and the little slide guitar bits are just too brilliant. The original is by Elmore James but I do like Clapton's version better. The song makes me wanna wail and sing and slide the f*ck down my guitar!!

P.S Thank you for this thread. One of the best I've seen. The taste here is just so wickedly varied!

Last edited by Allah Loves PaperGhost : 09-22-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Best angle of all: retirement
WWE Women's Champion

DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...DirtyJosé is going to make some noise in the draft...

Xfear was right: this new Linkin Park is, dare I say it, bad ass. Far past the days of Hybrid Theory and Meteora, this is a much more hip-hop inspired album with much less of the riff-and-bass driven crunch. On my first play through the album, this was one of the tracks that stuck out to me and commanded my attention. I'm quite impressed with the staying power of this band, as they have successfully freed themselves from the shackles of the cursed "NuMetal" label through an honest evolution of their style. It's different, really different, but this song and its album are a welcome addition to my collection.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For a Hero

I have always liked this song but I've been listening to this a LOT lately. My wife and I were re-watching the three older Shrek movies, and when it got to the part where the cover of "Holding Out For a Hero" is sung.... It got stuck in my head for the next two days and would not go away lol.... So I looked it up on youtube while studying monday, and it helped me get through it a lot quicker. I prefer the original version to the remake in Shrek 2, but the remake helped revive my interest in the original.

I like songs that make me feel good, or help me find the motivation and determination to better myself. It inspires me to be the "hero" that she sings about, the beat is great as well. I chose to share about it in this thread because it's been good background music for studying, working out, when trying to get through a boring part of a video game, and numerous other situations.... While being the song I currently AM listening to, which answers the question in the thread's title. Also anyone remember how random it was for this song to be used for the tractor race in Footloose way back in the day?

A great thread by the newest mod. I like this topic.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.

Last edited by Dagger Dias : 09-22-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Lupe Fiasco-Dumb it Down

I felt like listening to something that wasn't all about drugs and sex. In fact, this song is quiet intelligent. It also sends a decent message in an incredibly shallow rap industry now a days. Also, Lupe Fiasco just makes me happy when I listen to him. The man is amazing at what he does and is so unique. I find it interesting that he kind of condemns those rappers who are so one dimensional and that he calls out so many people who listen to those songs and himself in a way. Great song.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Grapefruits of Wrath
Knockout Champion

Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...Smooth Sexual Chocolate is going to make some noise in the draft...

I woke up this morning with the strong urge to listen to some Polish Ambassador, perhaps in anticipation of his new two disc CD set for release next week, or maybe it's just because I can't get enough of his funky electronic beats and breaks. Well it's both of those things, and it's also both of those reason that I decided not to listen to the Polish Ambassador this morning, and instead I'm listening to his alter ego, known as Ample Mammal.

Ample Mammal - Wildebeest Tactics for the 21st Century

This is probably one of my favorite tracks by Ample Mammal, and in my opinion is the closest in sound to The Polish Ambassador, probably why I like the track so much.

The Polish Ambassador/Ample Mammal is one of the hottest up and coming electronic artists around, even though he's been producing music for a few years he's finally starting to pick up a bit of national recognition, which is always nice to see. I'm just hoping it doesn't effect the sound that I love so much, but we will see very soon; and with two full disks worth of music I think it's going to be pretty hard to be disappointed by anything released by The Polish Ambassador.

I love a funky beat to help wake me up in the morning.