WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 AM
The Ambidextrous Amputee

Infamous_Enigma sold out
Default Why The Hell Is CM Punk NOT on Raw?

---This is about CM punk So thats why Its in the Smackdown section, But if by some chance this thread Belongs in the raw Section then i have no problem with a mod moving there. I didnt know where to put it Considering That it was about a Smackdown superstar that i think should head to Raw. As i stated before though, If this needs to be moved Then by all means Move it, I am sorry in advance for any inconveniences---

If anyone watched that horrendous episode of raw this past monday, They know that CM punk cut an EXCELLENT promo, Not only towards The Big show, The rock, TEASING SCSA , but even Raw ITSELF. He went on to Basically Trash Raw and say that they needed him for to save "The septic tank of a show that is raw" (words from his promo). Which i believe he should save, since raw is a PG/Family Oriented show and he is against Pretty much everything that raw is against, Drugs, Alcohol, Jeff hardy(sorry had to throw that in there). In a way They could Use his "im better than you" Attitude towards kids and show them they dont need foreign substances in their body.

I mean I know raw is really No longer know as the wrestling show(it averages about 35-45 minutes of wrestling for 2 hours) The rest is either Horrible Promos or even worse Micheal "May i have your attention please" Cole Plugging a PPV every 5 seconds. I mean if you going to make a show that has a majority of promos, why not have someone who is ACTUALLY good at it, instead of Chris Jericho and the occasional Randy Orton one. I mean I would LOVE to see a promo where Jericho and Punk Talk down to one another or even to the crowd.

Another good thing for Punk to be on raw is that he could acquire MUCH better talent/Minions/Pledges than what he has now. Luke Gallows Has sucked lately and by lately i mean the last 4 years. Joey Mercury would be a good talent to use IF he didnt get injured every few weeks, Rumor is now he is out for at least 6 MORE months due to his latest surgery(what it was for escapes me at the moment). I mean There are so many people that would benefit from being in SES. Take the talent that has been just buried and revive them through SES, Bourne, Morrison, perhaps a few people from nexus after it disbands, Zach ryder, and Maybe One of the Big Six on Raw. The only sacrifice that they would have to make is to cut their hair, which is a lot better than being buried and not getting TV and money.

Finally Punk Being on Raw would make for one thing raw ACTUALLY needs. Good Matches. SO many Matches come to mind that would be great, Punk Vs Cena/Orton/Edge/Jericho/Sheamus/Triple H when he comes back. As Far as Im concerned CM punk is Too big To be Be on Smackdown. He's like a Shark in a kiddie pool. The only Person that could pose a threat would be undertaker. But he will be gone before that match ever happens again. CM punk has proved his worth, He cuts great promos, has quality matches on more than one occasion, Is a Very Viable Threat to anyone as a champion, Not to mention Has the potential to have one of the best stables in history. He just needs that Push to raw. I mean for god's sake Goldust, Tatsu, and Santino can be on Raw but CM punk CANT? Really?

I really Hope that CM Punk Gets on Raw VERY soon. He deserves it a hell of a lot more than some others on that damn roster.

Thoughts on this?
Agree? Disagree?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:38 AM
and that's posting
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...

Okay, the main problem with your thread is seeing that being on RAW is a reward for good work. That is not necessarily true or else Taker would have been there decades ago. Do you not see how overstacked RAW is with main event talent? Punk would easily get lost if he were on monday nights.

The better question is why isn't Punk running shit on Smackdown!? He is the all-around best worker on that show yet has to job to Mysterio and Show week in and week out. Punk definitely deserves better and I have no idea why his talents are being wasted right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post

this one, he is climbing up my list of favorites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasRevenge79
LOVE LOVE LOVE your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by That 90s Kid
You're officially the best at posting.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 03:37 AM
Has Returned.
Intercontinental Champion

Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...

CM Punk doesn't need to go to RAW. He's just fine on Smackdown, where the main event picture isn't crowded, and where he can show-case himself because he's one of the bigger deals on Smackdown, and one of the things I'm sure fans tune in to watch. That wouldn't be the same on RAW, they'd have John Cena, The Nexus etc. to tune into and watch, who would get much more focus compared to CM Punk.

CM Punk needs the ability to show-case himself, and do it pretty much every week. RAW isn't the place for that, because there's already plenty of people filling that space, where as CM Punk is filling the Smackdown space.

CM Punk will get his time on RAW eventually, but it won't be any time soon. If anything really it won't be until the next draft. And that's just fine, much more time for Punk to display himself, and to show that he's worth the time on RAW.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Fucking Hostile
Knockout Champion

mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...

Why, look at the Raw roster right now you have Edge, Jericho, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett and The Miz, he would get lost in the shuffle almost immediately. On top of that I for one would be sad to see him move to Raw, as you said it isn't exactly a show for actual wrestling, sending Punk there would be a waste of a great in ring talent.

The real question is why is he not running the show on SD, he is the best all round preformer that they have as he is absolutely gold on the mic and in the ring and yet he is jobbing to Show and Rey week in and week out. I don't get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Valjean View Post
At this point, I'm conviced Orton could counter The Figure Four to a RKO
Quote:
I thought I was gonna have to kill stuff naked
sendpm.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 08:33 AM

zomigosh is looking to come up from OCW...

The Raw roster is already overcrowded, CM Punk will get a lot more exposure on Smackdown than Raw.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Why am I arguing with a computer?

Miss Flawless is looking to come up from OCW...

First of all, the 900th episode was horrible. Not all RAW episodes are horrible. Therefore, we don't need Punk's "excellent" mic skills over there. CM Punk will not get a chance to show them off, since it's so crowded, like other posters said. Even Edge doesn't get enough promo time, he's not even doing anything right now. Although he's in that six man challenge. My point is, if guys like Edge, who is a master at cutting promos, doesn't get the time to cut a simple promo, or even start a feud, then why would CM Punk have time?

Credit: The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge 10/4/10
I'm on a personal crusade against all things stupid.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 11:28 AM
parental discretion advised
Knockout Champion

Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...Hazardous is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with the masses here. Why would you take away the shining light of smackdown? You take Punk away, and what are you left with Promo wise? Sure Kane has stepped his game up (It's about time!) but I look forward to Punk on Friday nights. Moving him to RAW would just be another talent sitting there collecting dust, or being jumped by Nexus.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 11:43 AM
and that's posting

The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...The Best At What I Do is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrownstone View Post
Why, look at the Raw roster right now you have Edge, Jericho, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett and The Miz, he would get lost in the shuffle almost immediately. On top of that I for one would be sad to see him move to Raw, as you said it isn't exactly a show for actual wrestling, sending Punk there would be a waste of a great in ring talent.

The real question is why is he not running the show on SD, he is the best all round preformer that they have as he is absolutely gold on the mic and in the ring and yet he is jobbing to Show and Rey week in and week out. I don't get that.
Did you just plagiarize my post? Hahaha it's just so very very similar.

Anyways, something I wanted to add was that the only reason Punk should return to RAW is if he is reforming his Straight Edge Society. Serena got released, Mercury is out of action for half a year, and Gallows isn't going anywhere. I was very hopeful for the SES becoming a dominant faction but obviously that isn't happening. Maybe if he were to get some followers with some actual credibility then the group can become what it should've been.
Quote:

this one, he is climbing up my list of favorites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasRevenge79
LOVE LOVE LOVE your thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by That 90s Kid
You're officially the best at posting.
sendpm.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Waiting for Halloween......
World Heavyweight Champion

The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...The Shape is a Television Champion...

I don't think I would want to see Punk go to Raw. Just look at Edge, he was a top guy on the blue brand. Now he just seems to be lost in the shuffle on Raw, and I have no doubt that the same thing would happen to CM Punk. Even if the Nexus is to end soon, you still have John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Sheamus, and Triple H will return soon enough, so you just know these five men will take up more than enough time on Raw with matches, interviews, segments, and promos. I'm not happy with how Punk is being used on Smackdown right now, but I have a feeling that things would get a lot worse if he went to Raw.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Fucking Hostile
Knockout Champion

mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...mrbrownstone is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best At What I Do View Post
Did you just plagiarize my post? Hahaha it's just so very very similar.

Anyways, something I wanted to add was that the only reason Punk should return to RAW is if he is reforming his Straight Edge Society. Serena got released, Mercury is out of action for half a year, and Gallows isn't going anywhere. I was very hopeful for the SES becoming a dominant faction but obviously that isn't happening. Maybe if he were to get some followers with some actual credibility then the group can become what it should've been.
Having read it now it looks like I did, sorry about that, I never actually read your post before posting, looks like we just have similar opinions.

The idea of reforming the SES on Raw seems like a good one as it is fairly ovbious that the current incarnation is breaking up sooner rather than later. On Raw he could get the likes of JoMo, Dibiase, Kozlov, Zack Ryder and other poeple who are going no where and it could be semi interesting this time as these are people the crowd actually knows and cares about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Valjean View Post
At this point, I'm conviced Orton could counter The Figure Four to a RKO
Quote:
I thought I was gonna have to kill stuff naked
sendpm.gif