WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Ronda Rousey is coming to WWE

I think with all the rumors going on in the last 24 hours of Ronda Rousey and WWE that it's safe to say the MMA star is going to be in the WWE in the near future. It's going to bolster whatever show she lands on just with her star power alone. I'm really intrigued to see how WWE will use her. If there is going to be a woman's Royal Rumble then that is the perfect time to debut the female version of Brock Lesnar.

"I'm a Mog. Half man and half dog, I'm my own best friend."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Thank you Cesaro

Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...

Was expecting this to be a news announcement, but then I realized it wasn't and that Jack-Hammer wasn't the poster.

I won't be surprised if and practically when the news is made official though. Still unsure how they'll set up Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen though, assuming that rumor has any weight to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Either we're going to actually resolve things and let it go, or just ban me for good.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:12 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'm much less enthused about this than I would have been, say, two years ago, but this is still an extremely nice pick-up if it is indeed true. If Rousey ends up signing a contract, I assume it would look much like Brock Lesnar's in which she works very limited dates for a large amount of money, which is exactly what should happen. Unlike Brock, Rousey is probably going to be extremely green and using her as a special attraction is probably the best way to get the maximum value out of her without exposing how unpolished she really is in the ring and on the mic. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if they put her with Heyman.

Lot of options here as well now that the women's roster has built up more than a few names that can seemingly compete with her (in a kayfabe sense). Nia Jax, Asuka, Shayna Baszler, and Charlotte are all money-making opponents for Ronda Rousey, not to mention the Horsewomen vs Horsewomen feud that seems to be in the works.

This would be a nice kick in the ass for an increasingly stagnant women's division.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Godfather of Integrity
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

The money is in Ronda Rousey running through the other women until Asuka steps up and hands her the very first defeat. Rousey should go undefeated, let her tap them while also having Asuka remain undefeated. Send girls like Banks or anyone else you want to protect from the fire of Rousey over to Smackdown if you really want to. They have enough girls that Rousey can crush without hurting the top female women.

At SummerSlam we get the undefeated Ronda Rousey against undefeated Asuka. Asuka taps her in five minutes, make it for the belt if you want, let Asuka win the title and beat Ronda. I could dig that, Rousey armbars her way to the Raw Women's Championship and holds it for a few months. Meanwhile, Asuka is demanding a shot. Rousey makes it so that Asuka has to go through all the MMA Horsewomen before she gets to Rousey.

I mean, it really does write itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Only the law had a shot at taking that belt off of Jon Jones
Old 12-08-2017, 08:20 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If Rousey has signed a long-term contract, then she needs to be the one to finally topple Asuka.

Why not? She is a legit MMA fighter. Does you think Asuka would beat her?

Brock Lesnar, a former UFC, fighter beat the Undertaker's WM winning streak.

To use Rousey right, she must be the most dominant Diva in WWE, so she must be capable of beating all Divas, including your precious Asuka.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:06 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
It's going to bolster whatever show she lands on just with her star power alone.
Whatever show? Unless you are one of those who really, really, really believe in how RAW and Smackdown are equal you know that its gona be RAW.

Which is shame, really wanted Charlotte vs Rousey. Though might be better, we get 4 Horsewoman vs 4 Horsewoman at Mania and get around other matches from there.

Though, in reality, there are only 2 competitors for her and that are Charlotte and Asuka. Everything else is just a filler because I see her as female version of Lesnar. As much as WWE try to build Bliss and others only 2 of women division fill out standard to, maybe, go over something that is maybe closest thing world gets as legitimate female fighter.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
If Rousey has signed a long-term contract, then she needs to be the one to finally topple Asuka.

Why not? She is a legit MMA fighter. Does you think Asuka would beat her?

Brock Lesnar, a former UFC, fighter beat the Undertaker's WM winning streak.

To use Rousey right, she must be the most dominant Diva in WWE, so she must be capable of beating all Divas, including your precious Asuka.
I wish people would stop comparing Rousey to Lesnar. Lesnar has, whether you like it or not, a rich history in Pro Wrestling. He has been WWE Champion before he went to the UFC. He wrestled in New Japan after leaving the WWE. Went to the UFC AFTER his stint in NJPW. He was actually BETTER now than he was in his first stint in the WWE. Couple that with a true amateur wrestling background, and you can see why Lesnar is believable in the ring.

Rousey is an Olympic Gold Medalist in Judo. Yes, she won the UFC strap. Her last two fights Rousey was completely destroyed. Other than that? Nothing. No Pro Wrestling experience whatsoever. This means she needs to learn from scratch. That is the scary part, because I fear they are going to strap a rocket to her back because of her UFC history. That would be a mistake. In reality it would also be an injustice to WWE AND to Rousey. Send her to NXT. Train her right. Let her go under Sara Amato's wing. Let Rousey wrestle people like Aliyah. Let her work her way to the Main Event. If she does well, then the money and effort will be well spent. If she mails it in, then it won't. But, a rocket strapped to her back is NOT the answer.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:23 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

I see Ronda being hotshotted right to Raw or Smackdown with the amount of cash they are likely paying her. Judo is one thing but being a pro wrestler is another world and she should be going to NXT to learn how to perform and do it without hurting people.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:31 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

There's still a lot of money to be made with Ronda Rousey. The shine on her has faded significantly, which was bound to happen whenever she lost; I posted something in an MMA thread years back when she was really catching on that she was the golden girl and would continue to be until she suffered her first loss. Despite losing her last 2 MMA fights, Rousey's legacy hasn't been tarnished by her behaving questionably in her personal life, she hasn't failed drug tests, her personal life hasn't been fodder for the tabloids and she hasn't kept coming back to fight long past a time when she shouldn't have. So while she may not be the juggernaut she once was, she's still got a ton of crossover appeal and still has her reputation in tact.

If a plan is to basically do something similar with Rousey as they've done with Brock Lesnar, then I'll pass. As a fan, I don't want Rousey to pop up 4 or 5 times a year, work matches where she basically does one or two moves over and over again that decimates her opponent, etc. I'm just over the Brock Lesnar formula and while I'm glad to see that WWE has been actually having him wrestle actual competitive, entertaining matches during his run as Universal Champion, I personally hope he and WWE part ways after WrestleMania.

If Rousey wants to be a legit wrestler in WWE, and by legit I mean actually doing the work, isn't lazy, is willing to actually work with the wrestlers to set up matches that are mutually beneficial & worth watching, then I'm all for her coming to WWE. However, if Vince is gonna try to make her Brock Lesnar, just with a vagina, then no thank you.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I'm skeptical. Can she tell a story? Being the Entourage movie doesn't make her an actor. Can she sell? Sure she will dominate a lot but to be interesting she has to at least sell at some point. Brock can sell, yes his dominance makes his selling so much more effective but when he sells, I buy it. I'm still not sure if AJ legit put him out of action.

Can Rousey be a wrestler? How much is she gonna work? Is she going to do her own mic work or have someone talk for her? And what is she? A heel? A face? An automaton? I'm not a UFC fan so maybe I don't know enough about her but I struggle to get too excited. I'm less excited about the horsewomen idea. It reeks of a cash grab stunt. I'd rather have Snooki. But I get it, Rousey is publicity and money.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?