WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-29-2017, 11:58 AM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default The Roman/Cena Shoot Segment

I...well where do you start?

The Memphis RAW had two high points, Brock's "Suplex City Bitch" which basically in one sentence reminded everyone why Braun might just get tossed around too and damn well should, and the Cena basically ripping Roman to pieces on the mic.

I mean, wow, WOW WWE, for all the tomfoolery you pull week in week out this was just somewhere from bizarro world. I cringed a few times because basically Cena turned on what brung him to the party boys and girls: his gift of gab.

They both went at it but Cena probably said things that really got under Roman's skin.

A) I don't get that US title jibe.
B) Cena masterful use of Angle and Reigns losing it.
C) Reigns getting embarrassed.

Fuck.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

You throw them with the sharks and they learn how to swim. This can only be good for Roman. It's not a bad thing to not be able to duel with Cena on the mic but if you're going to be the top guy then they may as well throw you with him to learn.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:17 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
You throw them with the sharks and they learn how to swim. This can only be good for Roman. It's not a bad thing to not be able to duel with Cena on the mic but if you're going to be the top guy then they may as well throw you with him to learn.
But Reigns isn't swimming. After last night he's drowning.

Reigns can't do long promos. Yet WWE is intent on him doing them. It's one reason he's so rejected by fans.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:22 PM

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

That's why it's a learning process. Last night was the first night they've duelled. Give it time.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:32 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I was thinking...

"Man, Roman is doing great against John Cena of all people. I'm surprised."

...then Cena tore him to pieces like those flying monkeys tore that poor scarecrow apart in Wizard of Oz. It was brutally excellent.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It was a really good promo and I give Reigns his props for the "burying young talent'' line he threw out there. However, he should be highly ashamed as Cena can do more as a part timer than Reigns can do as a full timer. Such a sad but true statement.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Roman Reigns the real 1-2-3 Kid

StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...

For me it's kinda what I wanted to see. I knew Cena was gonna give Roman a hard time out their and it was nice to see him light the proverbial fire under Roman to at least get him fiery.

This feud needs to break barriers, it's two polarizing subjects involved who are essentially our "top dogs" of the WWE. The two Supers if you will. If WWE made this all just stare downs and going nose to nose, the feud would feel artificial (like every Orton feud in 2010). I like the realness and it's clearly got people buzzing. Hopefully this pushes Roman to get a little fiery instead of his same one liners as at some points Cena was EATING Roman alive. I will say I did like some of what Roman had to say, but the choke (whether it was or not is irrelevant as Cena said what he said) and depending on cheap pops by calling Cena a fake bitch wasn't enough. Even though I myself liked it, as we rarely see this side of Reigns I feel like he needs to absolutely bring it next time these guys duel on the mic.

Cena had a lot of fire in the bag this time, hopefully Roman could pull something off if they get another chance at this. I know it's a long shot but this the type of challenges Roman needs to face, especially if they're really expecting him to be a prolonged babyface.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Best way to prove you don't bury people is by making them look really stupid and out of place.
This guy nailed it.

It was fascinating and entertaining and appealing to the smark in me but I have no idea what it accomplishes.

Cena's feuds lately look like they're suffering from ADHD and cancer. Last week we have a confrontation where Joe steps in and kind of wins the segment. Then yesterday they ignore Joe and his momentum and announce this match leading to a promo where Cena murders Roman and kayfabe in one swoop.

Why was Roman doing that shtick? Are we supposed to think of him as stupid? If he is going to attack something, he should be attacking Cena's mortality. He should be criticizing SD's weak roster and all the losses he took there. He should be saying Cena is old and weaker and slower. That he doesn't belong in the main event anymore and that he is going to end him like he ended UT. Reigns should be claiming that he wanted the match so he could end Cena before Joe, Lesnar, or Strowman got their hands on him.

But no, he basically rehashes lines that were used by AJ, Ambrose, and Miz. And then worse Cena comes back with a wrestling is fake speech and you're not very good at your job Roman. What was the point? It kept my attention but doesn't make me want to see what happens next any more. They could have kept this so simple. The match sells itself. This just felt like WWE was trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy.

And then The Club comes out to kill the mood and Cena and Reigns are forced to team up. Reigns should have "You called my mom a whore" heat with Cena but he finishes the match with no real conflict.

I r confused.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 08-29-2017, 11:54 PM

CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...

It's hard to believe but Roman Reigns looked more out of place than John Cena did against The Rock.

Mr. Fruity Pebbles himself just served Roman hard.

At least Roman didn't get a silly nickname for his troubles.

Maybe history is cyclical and Roman will drop a pipe bomb on someone else a few years from now.

John Cena came back The Rock's tongue lashings and all it took was a prolonged period worth of consistently good matches w/ US Championship Open Challenges.

But WWE has been dropping the ball left and right.

Sasha, Bailey, and Shinsuke are the most glaring and recent examples.

Braun Strowman seems to be the only person that's either McMahon proof or WWE cares enough about to protect.

Roman is somehow still a work in progress.

How can someone main event so many PPVs and Wrestlemania 3 years in a row and still be considered a work in progress?
Old 08-30-2017, 04:34 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A great segment - showed how good Cena really is on the mic. Up there with the greatest in terms of delivery. Reigns did pretty good as well.

I'm normally cynical when folk say it was a 'shoot'...the Punk Pipe bomb was all run by the big wigs but I think some of this was definately off script. Reigns and Cena can say what the hell they want.