WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

I know everyone wants to be all deep and serious and post a bunch of pretentious Final Fantasy / Zelda bullshit, but dude, I gets busy with some REAL video game music. You all should be fucking ASHAMED for the lack of tunes from the Following game not included in this thread

Be serious. As if you aren't prepared to whip some damn ass with our buff toad buddies NOW. Great music to get you pumped and ready to rock, and you will need it, since B-Toads is motherfucking impossible.

this game took forever to get through, becuase every time you paused, a fucking party / dance off broke out.

Straight haggard as fuck. I am pumped and ready to kill terrorists RIGHT NOW. Another game you will definately need it for, this game is just outrageously difficult. Serious damn buisness theme music though.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
I know everyone wants to be all deep and serious and post a bunch of pretentious Final Fantasy / Zelda bullshit, but dude, I gets busy with some REAL video game music. You all should be fucking ASHAMED for the lack of tunes from the Following game not included in this thread
Click for Spoiler:

Be serious. As if you aren't prepared to whip some damn ass with our buff toad buddies NOW. Great music to get you pumped and ready to rock, and you will need it, since B-Toads is motherfucking impossible.
Click for Spoiler:

this game took forever to get through, becuase every time you paused, a fucking party / dance off broke out.
Click for Spoiler:

Straight haggard as fuck. I am pumped and ready to kill terrorists RIGHT NOW. Another game you will definately need it for, this game is just outrageously difficult. Serious damn buisness theme music though.
I fucking LOVED BattleToads. I was never able to beat that game. The music was the most epic thing of all time. That shit was the hardest game of all time. There was another game by the same company that had awesome music.

That's right. Double f'n Dragon. That game, like Battletoads, was EPIC, and so was the music. Only 1 thing could be better then Battletoads or Double Dragon, and in 1993, God jizzed awesome into our Super NES and Genesis, and out came the greatest combination since Peanut Butter and Jelly.

That's right. BattleToads & Double Dragon. The intro music alone is awesome, and then you combine 2 awesome games into 1 mega-awesome game. If only they would reboot the BattleToads or Double Dragon franchises on one of the current systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Evelyn Maysby View Post
Stormy, you're awesome.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

NorCal's right. Not every submission to this thread has to be a FF or Zelda track with a deep analysis. Time for a couple of tracks that are just fun to listen to from a very classic series.... Sonic The Hedgehog!

I'm sure everyone from our generation has heard this song at least once in their life! So fun to listen to, and it will always be THE sonic song.

Here we have the best boss theme from the Sonic games. An adrenaline inducing track indeed. Always having to get through the next zone to hear this badass theme one more time.

We also can't forget the boss music from Sonic 3 (and Sonic & Knuckles) which was just as epic as the game itself.

These are my favorite tracks from the first three sonic games. I picked them because they are (in my opinion) the best tracks out of any Sonic game theme, but also because they are just loads of fun to listen to. Nostalgia for the win!

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:00 AM

JM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

Here is a medley of several of the Dungeon songs from the Phantasy Star games. For anyone that goes back to the Sega Master System, the original Phantasy Star was an absolutely phenomenal game. Way ahead of its time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gRGh...eature=related

If anyone hasn't played these games and loves RPG's, do yourself a favor and get your hands on a copy of these games. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection has Phantasy Star 1-4 on it for those with a 360 (I believe its out on PS3 as well), those 4 games are also available on the Virtual Console for Wii, and 1-3 are available on Game Boy advance.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion

The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor

If you ask me, you can't talk about good video game music without talking about Power Quest. Power Quest was an obscure little fighting game for the Game Boy Color, that really wasn't very special. It was fun, good to play for short bursts (though the password system really hurt it), but it was nothing spectacular.

Except, that is, for the music. The music was incredible! It was just...well, take a listen yourself.

Click for Spoiler:

Title Screen - "Military Arts"

Playground - "Blue Storm"

Streets - 1995

Seriously, that music is awesome. I want people to make arranged versions of it so bad, but no one's ever played the game. It was GREAT for pumping you up throughout any fight. The other tracks are just as good as those three. A true hidden gem in the world of video game music.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

My addition this time around is a gem that most people might have forgotten about. Anyone else remember a little game called Smart Ball, one of the very first games for the SNES? Perhaps this will refresh your memory!

I love this song! It's a great fit for an underwater level because it's easy to just close your eyes, listen to it, and imagine yourself swimming in a water world, which is precisely where the song is played during the game. A catchy song that you can't help but hum along to every single time the level is played. As with several of my entries to this thread, many memories come back when I listen to it. If only more video game themes could be this good.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

This time my entry to this thread is from Breath of Fire 3. Its music is underrated because many people dismiss it as sounding too much like "elevator music".

This particular theme is heard early in the game when you are in the Cedar Woods. It fits great for a forested area as it has a mystical and nature-ish vibe to it. I really enjoy listening to it while I just lie down to relax. Honestly, I think when it comes to video game music my main favorite tracks end up being the ones I can just lie down and relax to with my eyes closed such as this one.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM

JM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
This time my entry to this thread is from Breath of Fire 3. Its music is underrated because many people dismiss it as sounding too much like "elevator music".

This particular theme is heard early in the game when you are in the Cedar Woods. It fits great for a forested area as it has a mystical and nature-ish vibe to it. I really enjoy listening to it while I just lie down to relax. Honestly, I think when it comes to video game music my main favorite tracks end up being the ones I can just lie down and relax to with my eyes closed such as this one.
That song sounded an awful lot like one of the themes from Chrono Trigger. But I will let it slide because Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time

Speaking of which, they had some epic music in that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDANk9wjw3k - Some poster's top 10 themes from the game, but it didn't include my favorite.

Magus's Theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCV1...eature=related
Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Punk View Post
That song sounded an awful lot like one of the themes from Chrono Trigger. But I will let it slide because Chrono Trigger is one of the best games of all time

Did you mean this song? I'll repost the one from my previous post as well, so the comparisons can be made between them.

Yes, when listened to one after another there is a definite similarity between the two songs. However.... The Chrono Trigger track has more of a magical feel to it, whereas the Breath of Fire 3 one has a more realistic feel to it.... As if one were the theme to a mystical woods while the other is the theme for a typical forested area. Chrono Trigger came out before Breath of Fire 3 did, and the games had different composers (Yoshino Aoki and Akari Kaida for Breath of Fire 3.... Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, and Noriko Matsueda for Chrono Trigger) so it's very possible that the Chrono Trigger track inspired the Breath of Fire 3 track because the similarities ARE there, but it's not the same song at all. Interesting of you to point this out, JM Punk!

Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 01:58 AM
What's really good?
WWE Diva's Champion

The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm playing old ps2 games on my ps3 and I couldn't help but notice a forgotten but loved two theme songs from one of if not favorite fighting game Dragonball Z Budokai 3.

First, Make A New Legend

My favorite theme on the game which might be why I play on the Mountain stage all the time. The guitar play gives the feeling of an epic battle taking place. I also love the electric piano that comes in about a min and a half into the song.

Second, Powerful Man From the Darkness

The song personifies the essence of Majin Buu from the weird beginning to the hard rock with the dark feeling to it. I love during story mode when Super Buu is made for Goku and Vegeta freeing the fighters he absorbed. By the way, You do well, huh-huh, you do well!