WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Has Returned.
Intercontinental Champion

Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...

As you can see on the logo, Dragon Age: Origins, this is one of the primary soundtrack songs, mostly played through the loading screens (which do appear for the most of the time) and is by far one of my favorite video game soundtracks (that I can recall)

It's the main theme of the game, performed by an composer (who I never heard of personally) called Inon Zur, who has provided the soundtrack for a vast amount of video games.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
What's really good?
WWE Diva's Champion

The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Holy One worked a dark match on ECW recently...

First, The Darkness of Eternity - Final Fantasy IX:

This has to be my favorite battle theme in all of the Final Fantasy games. It really fits Kuja, and I know this is a video from Dissidia but I wanted to show how epic the song is when playing this game. The beginning of the song with the organ gives the feeling that an epic battle is about to begin.

SecondThe Meaning of Birth - Tales of Abyss:

The Tales series is a personally favorite of mines, and this is my favorite out of all. I know it's a kind of weird choice as far as battle music goes, but I love it. It has a true ending kind of feel to it when Asch and Luke finally decide who is the best.

Finally, the third Awkward Justice - Tales of the Abyss:

Like I said, I love the Tales series. This is one of my favorite boss battle songs. The beginning just screams epic battle.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 AM
WZCW's EurAsian champion (Still)
World Heavyweight Champion

Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...

Meh we need another Zelda song, whilst there have been many in this thread it is for good reason. The music in these games brings such an emotion and it is why it's one of the biggest selling franchises of all time.

This is from "Twilight Princess" and is called "Ancient Hero" for me it's an incredible piece of music, the way it builds up to the main Zelda theme, for me this is the one piece that sums up the entire Zelda series for me
Dave also did my sig.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 AM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

Somebody's missing. No. No good.

One of the most popular of Megaman themes. Megaman 2 Willy Stage 1 & 2. The beat of this fast paced song always has me pumped and the way the stages are played, seeing how you have to jump a lot, is actually quite fitting to it. Plus its a kickass beat.

Whenever a Pokemon trainer just forced you into fighting on the original games, this played. Thankfully its catchy, because you have to put up with it a lot. Probably why I picked it. I heard it so much it couldn't go unposted.

Because you can't have a Metroid game without the bastard coming back from the dead. This theme is common in the Metroid franchise, but certain to appear when facing arch-enemy Ridley. This theme sets the tone for the epic and rapid firing of Missiles that's about to go down.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Has Returned.
Intercontinental Champion

Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't know how many of you played Hitman Blood money, but for those of you that did, you probably remember the most of them, I included one song that, well it was the first that popped up and it's "featured" lists has all of the soundtrack songs in there, and I took the liberty of including the one song that I remember the most from the game, the song Ave Maria.

Click for Spoiler:

Great game, great soundtrack, overall, greatness, and the music is so well placed in every single mission, that it's inevitable to leave this one out, and I'm ashamed I forgot about it.

As you can see in the first video, Jesper Kyd (Danish composer) composed the music for this game, alongside all of the other games in the Hitman series, he has also contributed the composing of the soundtrack to Assassin's creed 1/2 and Unreal Tournament 3.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

It's been about a week since I last shared a song I like with all of you, so time to bump this thread again.

Today's entry is from Lufia 2. The track is "The Prophet" and it is the theme of the character Iris. By far one of the best tracks in the game, and one of my all time favorites. It's so incredibly beautiful, even for a SNES track from 15 years ago. It shows several emotions such as happiness, sadness, confusion, with a touch of suspicion. The very same emotions that surround the appearances of Iris, before you find out through an epic spoiler who she truly is.

Asking myself "Could this track possibly get any more beautiful?" I ended up discovering the DS remake's version of it, and once again I was blown away. Very few video game themes can bring a tear to my eye from how good they sound, and this is one of the rare ones where both versions come close to doing just that.

I love both versions of this song because it's so soothing, a wave of calm tranquil feelings hits me when listening to it. I can't wait for the DS remake, it's going to be great and a lot of the tracks (such as this one) were remade in a way that did justice to the originals and it should be a lot of fun to play when it comes out, too bad that's several months away.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Time to update my favorite thread again. This time I will be sharing a song from the Final Fantasy 9 soundtrack. FF9's soundtrack is so underrated, and I am currently replaying it in real life. I had to borrow a friend's copy since my 2nd disc got scratched back in 2001 and most of my friends do not own FF9. So it's almost like I'm recapturing a lost part of my past by replaying this great game.

I love most of its music and this track is one of my personal favorites because of all the feelings it brings out. Much like "Star Stealing Girl" from Chrono Cross (see original post) it is one of those songs that I could be having the worst day of my life but listening to this song will still bring a smile to my face. Songs like "Unforgettable Sorrow" from Final Fantasy 9 are the reason why video game music as a whole is criminally underrated because they are so good yet some people will dismiss them with rolling eyes or sarcasm just because "it's from a video game".... I will always have a special place in my heart for beautiful instrumentals from video games, like this one. Sorry, I know that sounds a little cheesy but this is just something I am very passionate about.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

I'm going oldschool again with this entry. Donkey Kong Country 2. A great song from the series, the theme of the Bramble levels.

This is a great song, it has a very calm yet at the same time creepy feeling to it. It's almost as if the developers wanted the song the help you relax due to the bramble levels being notoriously stressful and difficult to clear. I hated both Bramble Blast and Bramble Scramble when I was little, the latter in particular because of the part where you had to fly past all the Zingers with Squawks the parrot. Memories of frustration when I kept dying and how happy I was when finally clearing the level(s) return to me when I listen to the bramble level theme. Easily one of the better songs from the Donkey Kong Country trilogy because it reminds me of levels that I hated as a kid and "love to hate" as an adult.... and the song itself is fantastic even without all the memories I associate with it.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Raven's Epitaph is looking to come up from OCW...The Raven's Epitaph is looking to come up from OCW...The Raven's Epitaph is looking to come up from OCW...The Raven's Epitaph is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to The Raven's Epitaph Send a message via Skype™ to The Raven's Epitaph

The old school PS1 soundtrack's always stand out alot to me. For example..
"The Use of Meia" track from "Alundra" was a great track because it had a variety of instruments and gave a pure and ambient feel to the track.

Another great track was the Dulles Airport theme from Die Hard Trilogy on PS1.
That track is one of my all time favourite because the soothing instruments in it also give an expanse atmosphere to the song itself but it also gives it alot of drama.

And last but not least: if I had to pick a new generation game such as one on Xbox 360 or PS3, then I'd pick GTA IV.
That soundtrack is just so built up and it's one huge bonanza of excellence.
The Main Title Theme: Soviet Connection by Michael Hunter.

Great tracks right here. (Sorry, i don't know how to post the little Youtube box thingy's.. :/ )

Last edited by The Raven's Epitaph : 06-22-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:42 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Posted this medley once before I think but
what the hey. This is a combo and re-arranging
of a few Zelda tunesas performed by
Play! -A Video Game Symphony-
at their concerts.

LISTEN TO THE FOLLOWING LOUD or with
HEADPHONES to get the full in-person effect.

It includes
Click for Spoiler:
Ocarina of Time Intro (Ocarina of Time), Legend of Zelda Theme (The Legend of Zelda), Dungeon Theme (The Legend of Zelda), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Intro (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link), returns to The Legend of Zelda Theme (The Legend of Zelda),
Dark World Theme (A Link to the Past), and finally Ballad of the Wind Fish (Link's Awakening).

I love it becuase finally with a full Symphony you can get a real understanding as to how powerful and breathtaking these pieces of music are. Don't get me wrong they are all fantastic in-game but with the thematic shifts and full live orchestra backing they take on a whole new level. I'll be honest, while listening to the movements I was brought close to tears as I reflected on all the years and good memories I've associated with playing the Zelda series. The powerful thing about games are that since we the player are experiencing the game via the character avatars in a limited sense we are going through the experiences ourselves. Like-wise when you reflect on it years later you feel as though you are reflecting on your life; and in one way, that's exactly what your are doing.