WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The Wrestlezone Tournament Archives > 4th Annual WrestleZone Tournament (2010) > The Toronto Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Matchup?
Brock Lesnar 33 39.29%
HHH 51 60.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned From Tire Commercials
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default First Round: Vancouver - Brock Lesnar vs. HHH

This is a first round matchup in the Vanouver Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

Brock Lesnar

Vs.

HHH

Voting is open for 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

This would be a hell of a match. We all know what both men bring to the table. Overall, I like Triple H a lot more than Brock Lesnar, but I don't think I can vote for him. The two years Lesnar was in the WWE, he was virtually unstoppable. He went through pretty much everyone in the WWE at the time.

I think that Triple H would give him a hell of a match, he'd give him all the fight that he wants. But, in the end, I think Lesnar's sheer brute strength would be a little too much in the end. I could see Lesnar easily countering the Pedigree and work Trips around until he's placed in the F-5.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Shapeshifting Humanoid
Knockout Champion

Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Blue Chipper is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This is the match everyone's waiting on. And I'm completely split. Let me tell you right her that I'm going to wait and see all the arguments before voting.

I could base my decision off a lot of things. It hurts that Lesnar was short-lived, as Triple H undoubtedly contributed more to wrestling. kayfabe wise, I can give arguments for both men, for Brock one could use his power game and knack for winning big matches. What a first round match. I anticipate the campaigns of both men.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Official 2013 Slammy Nominee
Million Dollar Champion

FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...FunKay is getting phone calls from TNA...

This one is tricky. very tricky. Brock Lesnar: An unstoppable force who mowed his way through everyone in his path vs. The Game Triple H: A guy who's just that damn good and has 13 World Titles to boot. I've got to give the edge to lesnar on this one however. brock's history was simple, came, saw, destroyed, left. He was undefeated for months until Paul Heyman screwed him. Triple H is great but I've given it to Lesnar. He hit you with the F5 and you are done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
You and I should travel to the strange land of America one of these days, FunKay. I can't promise we won't be fired upon, nor that I won't use you as a human shield in such a scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Has Returned.
Intercontinental Champion

Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm gonna hate myself after I'm done with this one, because I know no matter what I vote, someone, or even myself might consider it to be wrong, there's so many things backing both these guys.

Brock Lesnar, one of the most dominant things to go through the WWE roster in the 2000s, a established amateur wrestler, pro wrestler and now MMA guy, this guy is pure raw power, and could probably tear Triple H to pieces after quite a match, without a shadow of a doubt of pay per view quality no matter where it was to clash.

Triple H although around Lesnar's time were on a roll too, ruling Evolution, holding a firm grip around the World Heavyweight championship, Triple H was brutal during Evolution's time, definitely his prime too, these guys would would easily be a Clash of titans (no pun intended) two muscle monsters, two absolutely great wrestlers that could easily tear the house down with any opponent, both putting on brutal matches, leaving their mark in the business.

While Triple H without a doubt held more championships, and has dominated the main event scene for many consistent years now, I believe that Brock Lesnar could easily match up to Triple H purely from the immense impact he made so quickly, becoming the youngest WWE champion.

Triple H is the superior one although if we're to talk impact on the business: DX, McMahon-Helmsley Era, Evolution, Triple H has put over many more wrestlers than Brock Lesnar ever did in his span with pro wrestling, and I have to admit his final match was an incredible disappointment.
And sure Brock Lesnar kinda put over John Cena, but that's one who Triple H also put over, so it kinda evens out.

I know it's wrong, and I know I'm not really making the right choice no matter who I choose, but I'm gonna have to finalize this on a biased point, and make it Triple H, purely for the fact that I like him better, cause that's the only place I can really put him over Brock Lesnar with a proper reason.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Undisputed WWE Champion

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

I think everyone is expecting me to come in here and ram on about Triple H and sleeping his way to the top. I'm not. In fact, the two are more alike then they are dissimilar.

When it comes to power, Lesnar gets the nod. Dude was 6'4" and billed at 295, that's 30 pounds more of muscle for the Next Big Thing. Speed, again, I think anything Triple H could do physically, Lesnar could pull off better.

Triple H simply loses to guys that are built like Lesnar. Batista... a poor man's Brock Lesnar, simply dominated Triple H in their feud in 2005. Batista is the same type of wrestler Lesnar is, minus the talent and ability. Look at the Ultimate Warrior, steam rolled Triple H in no time at Wrestlemania. And yes, that damn Goldberg beat Triple H as well, but since he beat Lesnar, that's a mute point.

Looking back at the time Lesnar was in the WWE, Lesnar was the man on Smackdown. Triple H was the man on Raw. In fact, I would venture to say that Triple H's prime was from his heel turn in 2002 until the time Cena came to Raw in 2005. Lesnar had one less year, but whatever. During that time, Triple H beat the likes of Shawn Michaels, Booker T., Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash... etc. Lesnar was beating guys like The Undertaker, Big Show, Chris Benoit, and Kurt Angle. Both are impressive list, filled with former champions.

If you pay attention to the WWE, it was clearly building up to the Lesnar vs. Triple H match with both guys dominating their brands. This was the rumored main event of Mania 21, but we never got to it.

I prefer Brock Lesnar to Triple H, because I like his style more. However, if you keep it Kayfabe, Triple H has a huge resume as well. I'll probably respond more once Dave gives me something to work with.

Oh and before anyone brings up the disrespected the business bullshit argument at Wrestlemania 20, I'm pretty sure if you remember back to, oh 1996, that Triple H did the same thing, in MSG with the Kliq incident. It's a stupid argument, and save it because no one wants to hear it.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Strange things are happening to me
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dan E. Inferno is looking to come up from OCW...Dan E. Inferno is looking to come up from OCW...Dan E. Inferno is looking to come up from OCW...

I tried looking at this from a kayfabe point of view and I couldn't decide. I know Lesnar fans will say HHH was scared of Lesnar, but that's beside the point. If they did meet in the ring, I honestly couldn't justify putting one over the other.

So, I decided to vote for the one who deserves to go through and that is simply HHH. Lesnar had a great and unforgetable two years in the WWE, but HHH has had a great and mostly unforgetable fifteen years in the WWE. For me, that is the big difference between the two. HHH's impact on professional wrestling is far greater than Lesnar's in my opinion, and that's enough of a reason for me to vote for HHH.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Real American Hero

Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...

Brock Lesnar is the UFC Heavyweight Champion. That means he can beat the crap out of people in actuality, not just kayfabe. If this match was to take place, I think Triple H would book himself to win, but then Lesnar would no sell and legit shoot Triple H for the pin.

You too can have a bad but not funny bad sig too. Just ask me for one.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Has Returned.
Intercontinental Champion

Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3truthiness View Post
Brock Lesnar is the UFC Heavyweight Champion. That means he can beat the crap out of people in actuality, not just kayfabe. If this match was to take place, I think Triple H would book himself to win, but then Lesnar would no sell and legit shoot Triple H for the pin.
That's a ridiculous reason to vote Lesnar over, do you really think that just cause Lesnar is functioning well in UFC, that it means that Triple H wouldn't be able to beat the shit out of Lesnar if they fought legitimately? no you can't say that because there's no story of these two legitimately fighting eachother.

And Brock Lesnar is too much of a professional if you ask me to go on and no sell purely over the fact that "Triple H booked himself to win"
And really, if Lesnar were to shoot fight Triple H, do you really think Triple H wouldn't do it too ?
Old 04-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Real American Hero

Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...Mr. Truth is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
That's a ridiculous reason to vote Lesnar over, do you really think that just cause Lesnar is functioning well in UFC, that it means that Triple H wouldn't be able to beat the shit out of Lesnar if they fought legitimately? no you can't say that because there's no story of these two legitimately fighting eachother.

And Brock Lesnar is too much of a professional if you ask me to go on and no sell purely over the fact that "Triple H booked himself to win"
And really, if Lesnar were to shoot fight Triple H, do you really think Triple H wouldn't do it too ?
Why yes, it means that if Triple H and Brock Lesnar were to get into a legit fight, Lesnar would probably come out on top. Have you seen his hands? UFC had to make extra large gloves just for him. He's a genetic freak. And honestly, Brock Lesnar fluctuates from being a professional to being a bit of an asshole. So I wouldn't put it past him to shoot Trips. And with Lesnar actually having an amateur background, he'd be able to dominate Trips in a shoot fight.

You too can have a bad but not funny bad sig too. Just ask me for one.